Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 11th-17th

Better late than never!

---

I am 8 weeks today and as of this morning I had gained 5 pounds. I seriously can't help it! I've lost over 50 pounds twice now (77 after DD, 54 after DS). I know all about exercise, healthy eating, and portion control! But after losing all that weight, this baby is screaming REVERSE!!!

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 11th-17th

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens_mom View Post
Better late than never!

---

I am 8 weeks today and as of this morning I had gained 5 pounds. I seriously can't help it! I've lost over 50 pounds twice now (77 after DD, 54 after DS). I know all about exercise, healthy eating, and portion control! But after losing all that weight, this baby is screaming REVERSE!!!

Awww last time I was at the OB my weight gain was right on track so far! She was just happy I didn't lose weight. I have been having nausea 24/7 but eating helps so i've been eating a lot. I'm curious to see how much weight I gain since this is my first.

Tonight my mother in law gave us a christmas ornament here is a pic!

Thought it was cute

Anyways going to disneyland tomorrow, it's our last chance before our passes expire and we decided not to renew this year since i'm preggo and can't really go on everything that i'd like too. Tomorrow will still be fun though. Looking forward to eating some good food LOL
SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
rahhlady
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeBattest View Post
Awww last time I was at the OB my weight gain was right on track so far! She was just happy I didn't lose weight. I have been having nausea 24/7 but eating helps so i've been eating a lot. I'm curious to see how much weight I gain since this is my first.

Tonight my mother in law gave us a christmas ornament here is a pic!

Thought it was cute

Anyways going to disneyland tomorrow, it's our last chance before our passes expire and we decided not to renew this year since i'm preggo and can't really go on everything that i'd like too. Tomorrow will still be fun though. Looking forward to eating some good food LOL
That ornament is cute

AFM - I am so tired I was asleep by 8:30 last night. I am already feeling some braxton hicks like things, which I am gussing is just my uterus growing. I am 8 wks 1 day today and feeling a ton better after seeing my baby's heartbeat the other day.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Hi ladies! I had one bad week of nausea, but I'm on day four now of feeling REALLY good. Of course, I'm completely exhausted half the time (or more than half the time), but it's soooo nice not to feel pukey all the time. I'm not sure why I'm not. I'll be 10 weeks on Thursday, so this shouldn't be the end of the nausea--and probably isn't. I guess I'll just be happy for the break?

My first midwife appointment is this Thursday! I'm really excited. If we get a good report, then we'll start letting people know about the baby (only family and a few close friends know). This will be the first time I'll be meeting this midwife and her associate, so I'm really hoping that I feel comfortable with her, she'll do a homebirth for me (we're SLIGHTLY--like 5 minutes--outside of her usual traveling range), etc. Otherwise I have to start looking for a new midwife.

I got a mild cold over a month ago and have been coughing since, and it keeps getting worse. The coughing is what actually brings on my morning sickness when I have it--it's hard not to start heaving after hacking so much. :-/ Since this midwife is also a naturopathic doctor, I'm hoping she won't mind taking a look at my lungs and giving me some advice on this cough.
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am getting an ultrasound this Friday! I asked for it because I'm unsure of this just being a singleton... I don't want to go to 20weeks and bam... have to transfer care..kwim? She says that there is less than 25% of 1st tri ultrasounds that detect twins but I'm not so sure... I'm 9 weeks... at least I could hope to see a heartbeat.

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
Mom2G&J
Registered Users

My Mood:

Amanda, is your MW is saying that less than 25% of 1st tri ultrasounds detect twins? or is she saying that 75% do detect twins and 25% don't? I'm confused. My DH was pretty sure I was having twins because I was so sick and tired this time around. I actually started wondering myself, but I had an ultrasound on Friday and there is only one. I think I saw that you wouldn't mind having twins, so I hope everything goes well! It's gonna be a LONG week of waiting because I want to know if you have twins in there!

AFM I am on day 4 of no morning sickness (so far) and I am kinda hoping that is is not too good to be true. With my DD I was sick for about two weeks and my DS I was sick for 6 weeks. So I am thinking that if the sickies stay away from now on and in addition to the heart rate of 167, that it might be a girl!
Mom2G&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What has everybody been doing for morning sickness? It is totally kicking my butt. I'm not puking yet but I'm on the verge 24 hours a day. I have some ginger ale and I know protein helps but its hard to eat it when I feel yucky. I've been having a lot of toast and crackers and try to eat cheese. I used to feel pretty good after eating for about 10 or 15 minutes but now it never goes away. I have 5 other kids who want me to feed them all day long and I can't stand going in the kitchen. How do you mamas feed the rest of your family?
Old 12-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

my MS was only cured by sleep. I know, not much help...but everything made it worse..especially drinking anything(water was the worst!) my doctor just said drink less, eat more crackers. Didn't do much. Sleep was my only relief!! Glad thats finally over!!

Been eating really bad lately, I need to get myself in check. I've lost a couple lbs...probably from not eating much for a few weeks, but i need to start eating healthy! I was very close in my number with the last two kids on being diabetic, so i really don't want ot have GD this time, either. I need to lose the sugar and start excercising. Easier said than done

I've been planning on doing a VBA2C, but I've yet to find a provider in my insurance that will assist. Everyones just laughed at me so far. I'm getting discouraged
Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #9
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2G&J
Amanda, is your MW is saying that less than 25% of 1st tri ultrasounds detect twins? or is she saying that 75% do detect twins and 25% don't? I'm confused. My DH was pretty sure I was having twins because I was so sick and tired this time around. I actually started wondering myself, but I had an ultrasound on Friday and there is only one. I think I saw that you wouldn't mind having twins, so I hope everything goes well! It's gonna be a LONG week of waiting because I want to know if you have twins in there!

AFM I am on day 4 of no morning sickness (so far) and I am kinda hoping that is is not too good to be true. With my DD I was sick for about two weeks and my DS I was sick for 6 weeks. So I am thinking that if the sickies stay away from now on and in addition to the heart rate of 167, that it might be a girl!
She said harder to detect twins in first tri. 25% do and 75% don't. anyways ..I'm just needing peace with it. We'll take whatever God gives us.. and no sex screening..we're going team green!

Old 12-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by regenolds
What has everybody been doing for morning sickness? It is totally kicking my butt. I'm not puking yet but I'm on the verge 24 hours a day. I have some ginger ale and I know protein helps but its hard to eat it when I feel yucky. I've been having a lot of toast and crackers and try to eat cheese. I used to feel pretty good after eating for about 10 or 15 minutes but now it never goes away. I have 5 other kids who want me to feed them all day long and I can't stand going in the kitchen. How do you mamas feed the rest of your family?
I used Sea-Bands ..got them at Walmart