Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #101
Mom2G&J
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 11th-17th

Quote:
Originally Posted by graces-mommie View Post
We just got an early Christmas present! DH's commanding officer just called to say that he was selected for promotion! It is a huge pay increase, and we can change housing areas too - I may end up super spoiled with an oceanfront home in Hawaii! We were planning on him retiring in 2.5 years, but he will have to commit to 2 more years once he pins on, so it looks like we will be here a little longer. Thankfully the Marine Corps has been pretty good to us!

He is on cloud nine, and I am so proud of him! He is a mustang (if anyone else here is military) so I think it is a very big deal!

Sorry that wasn't baby related chat - I just wanted to share our awesome news!
Congratulations! And yes, for an ocean front home in Hawaii!

Advertisement

Mom2G&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #102
Mom2G&J
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenfried2 View Post
I totally just outed my pregnancy on Facebook! I couldn't wait anymore I'm just too excited!
So exciting!
Mom2G&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #103
TexasRachel
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by graces-mommie
We just got an early Christmas present! DH's commanding officer just called to say that he was selected for promotion! It is a huge pay increase, and we can change housing areas too - I may end up super spoiled with an oceanfront home in Hawaii! We were planning on him retiring in 2.5 years, but he will have to commit to 2 more years once he pins on, so it looks like we will be here a little longer. Thankfully the Marine Corps has been pretty good to us!

He is on cloud nine, and I am so proud of him! He is a mustang (if anyone else here is military) so I think it is a very big deal!

Congrats on the promotion!

Mom to DD(17), DS(8), DS(5), DS(3), and one waiting in heaven.
TexasRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #104
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I totally just outed my pregnancy on Facebook! I couldn't wait anymore I'm just too excited!
I hope everyone responded positively!

We're telling our church tomorrow, and then I'll let it out on Facebook in the afternoon. I'm excited!
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #105
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

Wow, that's wonderful! Congrats to you both! Does this change your DH's orders to be deployed when the babies arrive at all?
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
Old 12-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #106
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=SqueakersMama;14301218]That sounds horrible! Maybe you could try liquid or gummy vitamins. I haven't used them myself, but they look like they could be easier on the tummy.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B000LFWU5M
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

I grabbed some today for DD and I to share - they were yummy and I felt fine with them! Now I just need to see how they compare with the prescription ones that the clinic gave me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2threeboys View Post
The only thing that works for me is taking them right when I go to bed. I am asleep before I can get sick! I take the Rainbow Light and they are pretty gentle and just one pill. Now I usually take Fish oil but I just gag even thinking about it this pregnancy. So I have given it up for now. Ugh.
That was what I did the other night hoping it would help. I felt odd, but did fall asleep for a bit - but then woke up and had to run to the bathroom. BLECH!

Quote:
I use the target gummy prenatals and I have water and breakfast and then chew them while I'm eating... they are good and haven't made me gag yet unless I don't have water in me..
I got some gummies tonight and so far so good! I had also just finished a bottle of water so maybe that helped too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2G&J View Post
I am taking a Rx prenatal just because they were free, but I have to take them right before I fall asleep or I get sick. When I was pregnant with my DD my Dr told me to eat a bowl of total cereal everyday until I could take my prenatals. Total has a bunch of vitamins in it so I did that until I was over m/s, then I took my prenatals.
I was thinking of you as I added two different boxes of Total to the grocery cart today! Great hint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elara22 View Post
Hi! I called my midwife a few days ago about ms and she suggested 25mg b6, unison and sea bands. I have to say I am not a fan of meds... But I tried the unisom last night and slept great, woke actually feeling a little better. The sea bands and b6 seem to be really helping, too. Hope this helps.... I was drinking ginger soother but it's so sugary, that I have backed off a bit.
I'm trying the unisom and b6 tonight. Then if I am brave enough later in the week, I might try adding in the prescription prenatal too! I can not believe they recommend unisom!

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #107
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakersMama View Post
That is VERY cool. I am stoked for you guys - and that is a big deal!! I didn't realize your hubby was an officer. Maybe I just missed that somewhere. Congrats!!
Quote:
Yay!!! Congratulations to your family!!! Ohhh oceanfront in hawaii..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2G&J View Post
Congratulations! And yes, for an ocean front home in Hawaii!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRachel View Post
Congrats on the promotion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
Wow, that's wonderful! Congrats to you both! Does this change your DH's orders to be deployed when the babies arrive at all?
Thanks everyone! I am so proud of him and it was a fantastic Christmas present for sure!

Unfortunately it does not change his deployment timeline. We knew it was coming, just wasn't expecting all of these babies to come at the same time.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #108
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Whoohoo! I keep worrying that I am going to slip. I keep wanting to "like' baby related pages but haven't as I am afraid that it will give me away!

Congrats on "coming out!"

Old 12-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #109
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Unfortunately it does not change his deployment timeline. We knew it was coming, just wasn't expecting all of these babies to come at the same time.
Aw, I'm sorry! You seem to have a really good attitude about it, though. :-) Do you have a mom, relative, or friend who will come out for the first few weeks and help out?