Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 11th-17th

My ultrasound is on Wednesday. I also have a huge team project due for school that night and keep having visions of the ultrasound not going well and me missing the deadline for the project. Need to get that out of my head!

I've been feeling a lot better this last 4-5 days. Not much ms to speak of and my energy is MUCH better since getting my thyroid medication adjusted. My kiddos are happy to be having more than cereal for breakfast and pb&j for lunch!

Beth - regarding providers who will not do VBAC's... I've always wondered a few things. Maybe I have a different perspective on this because I've always just birthed with whatever doctor was on duty in the hospital - but what if you just showed up in labor and refused to sign consent forms for a surgery? Most public hospitals cannot deny emergency medical care and most also consider labor a medical emergency which means they can't just discharge you, can they? I mean short of getting a court order declaring you unsound to make medical decisions can they really force a c section? Has anyone heard of this happening? I'm gonna have to go research now.....

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #12
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Holly,

From what I've read, hospitals(not all) are required to have a 24hr anestesiologist(wow, can't spell that word) for an "emergency" like someone attempting a vbac who may need to be rushed into an OR. So yeah, you can totally show up late in the game ready to have a vbac and refuse a csec(which is your right to accept/deny all care)

BUT...for my own comfort, i want to be in the hossy once i start feeling constant contractions, because there is a 10-36minute window from a uterine rupture to fetal death...and I want to give baby best chances and so if i was to be at home...we're screwed. Plus, i've been laughed at in every doc office i've been in, every time i've had an appt because its mentioned. it'd be nice to have someone encouraging me...because friends and family think i'm a whackjob for even thinking i "know better than the doctors that refuse it".
Old 12-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #13
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
BUT...for my own comfort, i want to be in the hossy once i start feeling constant contractions, because there is a 10-36minute window from a uterine rupture to fetal death...and I want to give baby best chances and so if i was to be at home...we're screwed. Plus, i've been laughed at in every doc office i've been in, every time i've had an appt because its mentioned. it'd be nice to have someone encouraging me...because friends and family think i'm a whackjob for even thinking i "know better than the doctors that refuse it".
I completely understand and respect that! It really stinks that even friends and family are not on board with you. I really, really hope you can find a Dr. that will support what you are wanting to accomplish! I know this is probably a strange offer, but if you want any help finding a Dr. I am more than willing to help you. I know there isn't a whole lot I can do, but even if its just making phone calls and asking around I can do that!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
Holly,

From what I've read, hospitals(not all) are required to have a 24hr anestesiologist(wow, can't spell that word) for an "emergency" like someone attempting a vbac who may need to be rushed into an OR. So yeah, you can totally show up late in the game ready to have a vbac and refuse a csec(which is your right to accept/deny all care)

You are not a whackjob! You'll get a ton of Diaperswappers support!!

Is it completely out of the question seeing an out-of-network provider? What about making an appeal to insurance since you feel the c/s is unnecessary?

--

I bet if you contacted a local doula or two they would know of which doctors would help you VBAC, or who you might be able to ask to find out.

Last edited by edens_mom; 12-12-2011 at 12:15 PM.
edens_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #15
Mom2G&J
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenfried2 View Post
She said harder to detect twins in first tri. 25% do and 75% don't. anyways ..I'm just needing peace with it. We'll take whatever God gives us.. and no sex screening..we're going team green!
Interesting. I would have thought it was the other way around. Good luck! Im praying you'll get to see that little heartbeat!
Mom2G&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #16
Mom2G&J
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by regenolds View Post
What has everybody been doing for morning sickness? It is totally kicking my butt. I'm not puking yet but I'm on the verge 24 hours a day. I have some ginger ale and I know protein helps but its hard to eat it when I feel yucky. I've been having a lot of toast and crackers and try to eat cheese. I used to feel pretty good after eating for about 10 or 15 minutes but now it never goes away. I have 5 other kids who want me to feed them all day long and I can't stand going in the kitchen. How do you mamas feed the rest of your family?
I agree, sleep helped my m/s. Pretzels also helped. Big to you! Hopefully the m/s will pass soon.
Mom2G&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #17
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2G&J

Interesting. I would have thought it was the other way around. Good luck! Im praying you'll get to see that little heartbeat!
Same here..I'm going anyways! Yay!

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #18
calex99
Registered Users
seller

Saw my gummy bear today!! Heartbeat is 133
calex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #19
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenfried2
I am getting an ultrasound this Friday! I asked for it because I'm unsure of this just being a singleton... I don't want to go to 20weeks and bam... have to transfer care..kwim? She says that there is less than 25% of 1st tri ultrasounds that detect twins but I'm not so sure... I'm 9 weeks... at least I could hope to see a heartbeat.
I'm on my phone and dont know how to multi quote - bur anyhow...

I miscarried twins and my doc saw the 2 sacs at 5 weeks! (I had gone in bc if spotting)

With this pregnancy I specifically asked "there is only one right?" as I was watching one very strong heartbeat. She laughed and said Yes, until she started looking around a bit and found two. I am go glad I asked and put that idea in her head, bc I think she was done looking for babies! I keep thinking, holy cow what a shock that would have been to discover later.

Good luck on Friday! I don't mess with mama's intuition!

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #20
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have been on a long weekend vacation in Maui (how spoiled do I sound??!!) so I haven't been checking in. It's just a little over $100 for a round trip plane ticket since we already live on one of the islands, and we had already booked everything before finding out about the babies. DH was willing to cancel it, but I have been feeling awesome and knew this would be our last chance for family fun as a threesome! DD had a blast playing at the resort, going whale watching and checking out waterfalls. And I'm glad we all got to do it together! DH will be gone all of January for work and then will deploy in the Spring, so it was kind of now or...who knows when?

I am still feeling awesome - the tiniest bit of nausea - but it is pretty random and unpredictable. I think DH is ready to tell DD that dreams of being a big sister are coming true, but I want to hold off until atleast after my appt on the 19th to see if we can know for sure just how many babies there will be.

I am posting from my phone at the airport, and they will be boarding shortly so I guess I will check back in once I get caught up on laundry and groceries for the week! Hope everyone had an uneventful week!

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote