Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #11
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weekly Chat December 12th - 18th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewMama View Post
QOTW: That's a good one...it's hard to remember sometimes that I'm a wife as well as a mother. Z takes up so much of my time and requires so much attention that it's easy to be lazy with DH and I's relationship. We do make sure to talk and cuddle in bed before we go to sleep most nights (sometimes Z is up well past when DH needs to be asleep). Like Erin said, just subtle touches whenever we are around each other during the day. Always remembering to say "I love you" and "Thank you" is important. We went out for our anniversary to a nice sushi restaurant...that was nice. I imagine we will expand as Z gets a little older and isn't eating so often

AFM: I'm unsure what to do for Christmas family gatherings. At Thanksgiving Z was definitely off limits as he was only 3 weeks old and several family members were getting over being sick. Now at Christmas Z will be 7 weeks old and I'm not sure just how much passing around I'm comfortable with. How are you all handling Christmas pass arounds with little ones?
When I didn't want people to ask to hold DS (because I really couldn't find a good way to just say "no", KWIM?) I would sit with him on the couch and nurse him - or if he wasn't hungry, just pretend to nurse him. NO ONE asks to hold the baby when it's attached to a boob.

Otherwise, try wearing him.

Advertisement

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #12
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Holly, Ivy is so dainty and cute. Finley is like a Mack truck already, and while I adore her rolls, I'm a little bit sad that I'll probably never get a little peanut to snuggle with.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #13
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
Holly, Ivy is so dainty and cute. Finley is like a Mack truck already, and while I adore her rolls, I'm a little bit sad that I'll probably never get a little peanut to snuggle with.
How big is Finley? I've got a big girl too

My little belly sleeper has decided to become a back sleeper. She's been rolling over quite a bit in her crib and I always go in and roll her back over. Two nights ago she kept popping her head up and fussing as soon as I put her down. She finally seemed somewhat content so I left her to see if she would put herself to sleep. Instead she rolled over... but seemed happier! I got the wombie that I stuck in the "to sell" pile and wrapped her up. She slept from 11-6! On her back! I thought it might be a fluke, but she slept the same way from 10-4 last night. Babies are so strange...
Old 12-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #14
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Thanks! Hehe, we like her.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #15
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by megm View Post
How big is Finley? I've got a big girl too

My little belly sleeper has decided to become a back sleeper. She's been rolling over quite a bit in her crib and I always go in and roll her back over. Two nights ago she kept popping her head up and fussing as soon as I put her down. She finally seemed somewhat content so I left her to see if she would put herself to sleep. Instead she rolled over... but seemed happier! I got the wombie that I stuck in the "to sell" pile and wrapped her up. She slept from 11-6! On her back! I thought it might be a fluke, but she slept the same way from 10-4 last night. Babies are so strange...
She's 12 pounds at 5 weeks. She's been gaining almost a pound every week.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #16
BrandNewMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
She's 12 pounds at 5 weeks. She's been gaining almost a pound every week.
Z was 11.4 lbs at 5 weeks...he is also 24.5" long
BrandNewMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #17
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewMama View Post
Z was 11.4 lbs at 5 weeks...he is also 24.5" long
He's really long! Finner's only 22" - hence the rolls. DS was on a similar growth curve, and was 25 pounds by 6 months.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #18
moonpuppyswifey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't wait to find out how much my little man weighs next week at his appointment! He was 10lbs at 1 month (which I was suprised to find out was only the 50th %ile, thought it would be higher, but I guess I'm just used to my little bird who didnt weigh 10lb until she was at least 2 or 3 months old).
Old 12-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #19
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #20
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

H was 10lb at two weeks. According to Wii fit she was over 12 lbs at 6 weeks. She doesn't go to the pedi until she is actually 10 weeks. I can't wait to find out her length!