Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Stash building questions

Figure I'd slowly build the stash as hopefully sales come about. Few questions.
1. Thirsties seconds - going to get the duo size 1 in Velcro for the beginning stages so wondering what sort of defects they have. Are they usually just mild cosmetic issues or serious functional ones too? The price is amazing!

2. Online stores for fuzzibunz: found a link for bulkclothdiaper.com through a google search that has cost per diaper at $17.95 with orders of 12+ diapers which is lower than places like Kelley's closet and the stores listed on the fuzzibunz website. Shipping is free. Don't know why but it worries me that every other store doesn't have this lower pricing.

3. Why does boiling prefolds once replace the multiple washings version of prepping?

4. Anyone able to use the Pooters contours from birth? I'm imagining I'll have at least an 8 lb baby since my family grows them big.

The plan: Pooters OS contours and gmd newborn workhorses With thirsties duo wraps until baby can fit OS pockets then will use FB elites and BG 4.0 (because I like some of their patterned dipes) with the Pooters OS contours and an assortment of other OS covers that are cute plus I figure I can make those into my overnights with extra stuff to increase absorbency. Thanks!

Advertisement

luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
amberdawn723
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stash building questions

Wish I had answers for you, maybe another mama does!
Gwendolyn (due 7-6-15)
amberdawn723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

Like pp said, I have no answers. Haven't boiled prefolds, didn't like FB, and haven't used the other diapers. I hope you get some answers soon!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
nahrie
Registered Users

Bulkclothdiaper.com is owned by the same people as Kelly's Closet if that makes feel you better. I'd imagine they have a better price because they were able to negotiate it with the manufacturer due to the nature of their type of sales. Any seconds sale I've ever seen lists whether the issue is cosmetic or not. Cosmetic is the ONLY type of issue I've ever seen listed. Period. At any site for any brand. If they don't say whether it's purely cosmetic, don't buy it. Boiling prefolds is quicker because of the much higher temperature used than in a washer. The higher the temperature, the more of the oils being removed from the diaper. I have no idea about Pooters; hopefully somebody else does.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:02 AM   #5
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I assume you are wanting to order the Elite? You can go to several different stores with discount codes and get them for nearly as cheap if you are worried they aren't going to be first quality etc. I just did the discount code at Abby's Lane & 12 Fuzzi Bunz Elite came out to be $216 & some change. They also have free shipping. Lots of places offer 5% to 10% off esp if you are a new customer. I only picked Abby's Lane because I just got the newslette, I get nothing if you shop there. I shop at several CD stores & have never had a bad experience.

Last edited by P!nkPepper; 12-13-2011 at 06:14 AM.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! I went through the websites listed on the FB site and found a few with comparable low prices. I guess I'll start signing up for newsletters for some deals...maybe I'll create a gmail account for baby Beaker (it's nickname) and use that so the emails clutter that inbox instead of my own. We'll be out of the first trimester after Christmas, which is the point that we decided it would be okay to buy things for the baby.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
imaginejem
Registered Users

My Mood:

luckyducky77, congrats and good luck! i'm also building my stash, and am also looking heavily at BG 4.0 and FB OSs once my newborn (due in March) is no longer so new? Still debating the beginning diaper stage though: what pushed you towards thirsties' covers?
imaginejem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #8
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginejem
luckyducky77, congrats and good luck! i'm also building my stash, and am also looking heavily at BG 4.0 and FB OSs once my newborn (due in March) is no longer so new? Still debating the beginning diaper stage though: what pushed you towards thirsties' covers?

The double gusset was a big one. I figure that will help contain liquid breast milk poop. I like that they have Velcro. Also happy that they sell seconds for a really low price. Their patterns are cute. They also seem to get good reviews. I like the idea of a one size cover to grow with baby but fit issues usually occur with those. From what I read, these are actually on the smaller side and Pooters has a package that combines their one size contour with thirsties covers...it's never in stock though when I've checked. Once the baby gets big enough for the OS pockets, I'm probably going to do mostly fuzzibunz with BG 4.0 in their few fun prints and then a few contours with OS covers again, because of the cuteness of the prints. What can I say? I love the cuteness factor of some of those CDs! Even though I think the FB elites with the prints are stupid sayings, some sites have them at $14.95 which is cheap for a new FB without coupon codes!