Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #1
worthfaraboverubies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
what are the best flats too invest in??

hey mamas I have been considering investing in flats or prefolds or half and half please tell me what flat would be best to invest in we are limited on funds for money but are willing to save and invest on good prefolds and flats I am new to cloth diapering so your input will be of great help I am looking for absorbent soft flat that gives a nice fit and is pin friendly I have only 6 used BK's hemp prefolds bought off of fsot as a stash and they are crunchy and rough feeling and are far from being pin friendly and folding friendly ...so I don't have fitted money so I am needing as much info on good flats and prefolds and also I prefer unbleached if possible

Advertisement

God loving family ! Helpmeet to a amazing husband and mom of 3 Gifts from God 1 ds, 2 dds, 1 dd on the way . I am one frugal busy homekeeping, homeschooling, streetpreaching, abortion ministering, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, sleep sharing, knitting, sewing pregnant mama! Hmmm did I miss anything .
worthfaraboverubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
Mrs.Willis
Registered Users

True Flats? I love Osocozy flats, love them. I hear GMD flats are very good and absorbent.

If I'm not mistaken Zabi Baby makes a hemp true flat that I REALLY want to try, I've heard very good things about those.

Preflats/Prefolds

I have Sbish classic hemp flats which I believe are discontinued, so never mind those.

Zabi Baby's bamboo prefold is great! Love those and Sustainablebabyish terry bamboo flats (prefold type) are awesome. I would recommend both of those to anyone.

Now, if those are out the budget or too many sizes then the Thirsties hemp prefolds are really good from what I hear and you will only need two sizes from nb to PL. I want to try those too but can't really find a reason to by them since I have too many diapers. Those are about $7.00 a prefold. :-D

Ooorrrrrr.... Just do true flats! Their easier to wash and dry, more economical and with the right fold fantastically absorbent. Which will lead me back to the GMD's or Osocozy's for a newborn.

Did I help any? Probably not. Haha!

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Mrs.Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:08 AM   #3
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:
Re: what are the best flats too invest in??

I love Diaper Rite unbleached flats. They are so soft and the large is the perfect size for folding or padfolding into a cover.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #4
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvingmy4boys
I love Diaper Rite unbleached flats. They are so soft and the large is the perfect size for folding or padfolding into a cover.
These. Love them.

my phone thinks it's smart. pardon the typos.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #5
reybar-2009
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I only have flour sacks from target and I love them
Old 12-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvingmy4boys View Post

Agreed on all counts.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
worthfaraboverubies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks mamas this all is helping out
God loving family ! Helpmeet to a amazing husband and mom of 3 Gifts from God 1 ds, 2 dds, 1 dd on the way . I am one frugal busy homekeeping, homeschooling, streetpreaching, abortion ministering, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, sleep sharing, knitting, sewing pregnant mama! Hmmm did I miss anything .
worthfaraboverubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to use Little Lions prefolds and flats. Well I still use them LOL but you cant buy them. Except on FSOT! That is where I would start. Unbleached indian PF's are a good quality. The ones that are not great are gerber brand. Honestly I wouldnt buy new, I buy used mostly.
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
Lammy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Most of my flats are receiving blankets that my mother in law bought for super cheap at yard sales/ consignment stores. They are soft and work great. The only thing is that the larger ones can be bulky on a newborn and some of the material does not snappi well but still pins easily.

I also have osocozy flats and I love those. They are easy to snappi/pin but I think they don't fit that well once your little one gets bigger. I have a hard time getting them to fit on my 11 month old so I just pad fold them and lay them in a cover.
Lammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

i love GMD unbleached flats!