Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
tealove5
Registered Users

Is it to late?

Ok, so my dd is 29 months old and is showing lots of signs of wanting to PT. We have been working on it but she is still in diapers most of the day and all through the night. Sposies is what she is in. I have been building a stash for new ds coming in April because we will be CDing for the first time.

However, for some reason the last few weeks dd has been getting red rashes and I am starting to think it's from her sposies. I have thrown the idea of switching her to CD's around to my husband but I keep going back and forth because I feel like if she is going to PT soon is it even worth it to spend money on CD's?? She would still be able to wear them at night since she will be in diapers/pull ups for quite a while. I just can't decide.

I also was thinking that if we got neutral colors then when ds is finally big enough he could just use them so it wouldn't be a waste of money if they are used again.

Idk, can someone tell me if it's going to be worth it? Also has anyone started CD'ing this late in the game and found it to be worth it?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

tealove5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Is it to late?

I think it's worth it. Like you said, you could get GN colors and your DS can grow into them. You could also get them OS so they can share once DS gets out of nb diapers. You could get a few girly colors if you want since she'll be using them for nights for a while. If your DD wears a lot of pants, you could just start building your larger size stash for DS and she could wear those under her clothes.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not sure about cd being worth it but even in cd my 23 month old was starting to get bad rashes and I potty trained her. I think their urine gets stronger from eating more and more food and it was not good to sit in. If you think she may be ready I would just go cold turkey and try PT'ing. I thought my daughter would need diapers overnight too as she woke up soaked but as soon as she went into day underwear she did it overnight too. I think she just got used to going in the potty and not in her pants.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
tealove5
Registered Users

Thank you ladies for the advice. We have been working with the PT'ing but the big issue is that she can/and knows when to pee on the potty but she deals with hard poos and can't poo on the potty. She will tell me when she has to but then she runs off and gets in weird positions to do so. I have tried putting her on the potty and showing her that she can push her feet against the seat if she needs to but it didn't work and then she got a bad tummy ache from holding it in.

The reason I say she will still need diapers/pull ups at night time is because ODS was completely potty trained by age 3 but was still in pull ups until almost 4. Finally he doesn't have any issues(except he has wet the bed on a few occasions but that's to be expected).

I tried putting DD down once for a nap with underwear(she had worn the undies all day with no issues) and she soaked herself and her bed. So I feel she is probably going to need them for awhile.

I figure yds can always use them so maybe buying them now and letting her borrow them won't be such a bad idea. lol

Thanks again! Keep the advice coming ladies.
tealove5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #5
WildflowerCB
Registered Users
Formerly: ri814146
seller
seller

My Mood:

I put 2 two year olds in cloth to PT. One had never worn cloth diapers and the other was my daughter who used cloth, but had been using disposables since 18 months due to my crazy life. I made about a dozen tinkle time trainer pants and they both learned to use the toilet independently, very quickly. The tinkle times are like underwear and easy to pull up and down. They let the kids know when they had had an accident though and that is really helpful when PT. Good Luck
Old 12-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Like pp, I would buy cloth trainers rather than diapers. Since she is so close to pt it wouldn't be worth the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
txmap
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD wore cloth from birth, then, I got lazy at some point when she was a toddler and switched to sposies. When DS was born, I switched DD back to cloth, and she PT'd very soon afterward, b/c she was not used to the way they felt anymore and didn't like the bulk. So, in our experience, switching back to cloth helped w/PTing.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #8
K&C'smom
Registered Users
seller

I decided to put my younger son in cloth at 6 mos at that point in time my older son was 18 mos but he was already wanting to pee in the big boy potty and would tell me, we even switched to big boy underware for a time so I left him in disposibles or underware but then at about 26 mos of age he lost all interest in the potty. He stopped telling me or even heading to the bathroom to potty he just peed in his pants. So I put him in diapers again. I got sick of buying the disposibles so I decided to put him in cloth until he feels the desire to use the big boy potty again. I just have him in pre-folds and a cover. I did need to get wool covers for him cause the PUL was keeping too much heat in and he was getting rashes. Sorry long reply to a simple question.
K&C'smom is offline   Reply With Quote