Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #41
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: C/S tips on recovering from a cesarean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NebraskaGirl82 View Post
Get the IV out ASAP as well, my feet blow up from all the fluid so I need no extra.
I didn't have an epidural, and my delivery happened so fast that I didn't have very much IV fluids in me at all before the surgery, but afterwards they had a very slow drip of Pitocin (like, it took me all day and all night to get through the bag) going.

Several days after I came home, THAT is when my feet ballooned up. I called a nurse and she said that that was normal (as did many of you on this board when I posted in a slight panic, lol) and that it would go away. Very gradually, it did. I had a few days where I had to wear flip-flops, though, and was very glad when I could wear normal shoes again.

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #42
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
I just remembered one more~
when they say no fluids/drinks, don't try and be sneaky by asking for a cup of ice after surgery and melting it to drink. I found out very fast this will make you vomit. My intestines were still numb which is why they don't want you eating/drinking for however many hours, I was so thirsty and thought I was slick..yeah not a good idea and I will not be doing that again..lol
lol! This made me giggle a little because I also did not listen to them about not drinking too fast. I ate ice chips and when they werent looking snuck sprite...(blame SO) then when I got to my room, I had jello.
I promptly threw everything up. No fun.
dncegrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #43
becky1231
Registered Users

This is going to sound funny but take an extra long pad and put it in the front of your panties cross wise in the area where your incision is and it will keep undies from catching on steri strips and the seams of your pants wont rub and irritate your incision.
Make sure you get up and moving as soon as possible after surgery and biggest of all if someone offers to help you out take the help so you can get plenty of rest to help speed recovery
Old 12-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #44
magoose
Registered Users

Oh yes, definitely the granny panties! I bought some a size too big, but brought them too the hospital with DS anyway. The nurse who was helping me get cleaned up the first time actually thanked me for bring in big huge panties! She said you'd be suprised at how many women come in with teeny tiny underwear, not expecting to wear a huge pad, lol.

It's funny you all talking about not eating for a few days, lol. I'm a nurse and should totally know better, but they brought me a regular tray for dinner and I ate it. I know I should have waited until I could pass gas, but Lord, I was hungry and I ate it anyway. I didn't have any problems with anything, but after reading how you other mamas suffered, I realize i was probably just lucky!!
Old 12-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #45
eli'smama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky1231 View Post
This is going to sound funny but take an extra long pad and put it in the front of your panties cross wise in the area where your incision is and it will keep undies from catching on steri strips and the seams of your pants wont rub and irritate your incision.
This!!!! Keeps it nice and padded and anything from rubbing on it. It also keeps your incision nice and dry and absorbs any ooze from the icision weeping.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #46
mom2cse
Registered Users
seller

I used the narcotics in the hospital, but my doctor for my third section strongly recommended that I try to get off them ASAP. I took one an hour before the car ride home and then only Tylenol after that. I had a much better recovery free from bathroom issues and gass/stool softener pain.

It looks strange, but if I had to cough, sneeze, or laugh I would bend over and had no pain at all. This was a life saver!
mom2cse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:32 PM   #47
GAmommy2CBCS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I completely agree with getting up as soon as possible. Don't over do it, but start to get mobile right away.

One thing that helped my incision heal was to let it "air out" while I was laying down. I just pushed my pj pants and underwear below my incision. An OB nurse suggested that and it really made a difference I think.

I was driving myself and my first baby to lactation appointments less than a week after my first c-section. With my second c-section, I had a two year old and my newborn so I was up and going in just days.
GAmommy2CBCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #48
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I know this is old, but its so helpful Lots of great reminders. I had 2 CSections and am leaning towards a 3rd.

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #49
AngelElle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Where does one get a postpartum support belt? The hospital here doesn't give them out. I've seen Medela ones, are they good?
AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #50
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine was made by medela and I bought it at the hospital from the little nursing shop they have on the postpartum floor. They sell breast pumps and post partum support items.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote