Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
*Willow*
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
seller

My Mood:
DiZzies and Morning SiCknEss

DiZzies anyone? What is helping or working for you?

I am severely dizzy combined also with relentless nausea. It has almost warranted myself demanding a visit with my MW. I did call and beg for zofran after trying every trick in the book (papaya, peppermint, ginger, extra vitB, snack before rising from bed, sea bands, frequent small meals, ect..)

I can't recall feeling nausea and dizziness this intensely with my other kids.
I think I am 9 weeks or almost 9. I am EDD the 20th.

Anyone else feeling like this?

Advertisement

IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

Re: DiZzies and Morning SiCknEss

Not the dizzyiness, have you had your ears checked? It might be a middle ear thing interfering with your equilibrium.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
RoccerMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Boo'sMama
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am due the 19 th and will be 9 weeks on Thursday. that sounds like me last weekend. I think I may have had a minor flu bug or something. I've also had a difficult time keeping up on my water despite drinking it alllll day...my 16 month old still loves his "boof". and ive been feeling so non stop thirsty. Have you been hydrating enough?
Old 12-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had bouts of dizziness and the relentless nausea. And headaches because I have had no coffee for 3 weeks(thinking about it makes me almost) And I'm pretty dehydrated. It really sucks. I don't remember it being this bad with the others. to you. I think I will try some of the things you mentioned that I hadn't tried yet.
I have been laying in bed the past 2 days. All day. Its quite difficult to take care of the other kiddos this way isn't it?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
*Willow*
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmamabear
Not the dizzyiness, have you had your ears checked? It might be a middle ear thing interfering with your equilibrium.
Oh, you have a good point. I haven't had my ears checked lately. I'll see if I can get them checked my next appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccerMom
I am due the 19 th and will be 9 weeks on Thursday. that sounds like me last weekend. I think I may have had a minor flu bug or something. I've also had a difficult time keeping up on my water despite drinking it alllll day...my 16 month old still loves his "boof". and ive been feeling so non stop thirsty. Have you been hydrating enough?
Ya know, some days I do well in staying on top of the fluids. Other days I am so nauseated it is hard to think about eating or drinking much and my urine will look a little concentrated. So this definitely could be adding to my problem. I will try harder to drink more and see if it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regenolds
I have had bouts of dizziness and the relentless nausea. And headaches because I have had no coffee for 3 weeks(thinking about it makes me almost) And I'm pretty dehydrated. It really sucks. I don't remember it being this bad with the others. to you. I think I will try some of the things you mentioned that I hadn't tried yet.
I have been laying in bed the past 2 days. All day. Its quite difficult to take care of the other kiddos this way isn't it?
It certainly does suck. Good luck! Hope you find something that works for you! Feel better soon! I too find myself frequently in bed in my spare time. I want to do things, not lay in bed all the time lol. Hopefully soon we all will be moving on from this phase and into the more fun stuff.

Thanks for all the replies!
IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
Mom2G&J
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmamabear View Post
I agree with this! Before I was pregnant, I was experiencing fluid in the ears with some dizziness. Went to my ENT he asked me how I cleaned my ears. Told me to stop using Q-tips because I was causing the fluid build up. I did stop and my ears have been SO much better!
For the m/s, when I began drinking LOTS of water and less soda and juice I began to feel better. Add a lemon wedge to the water. Hope you feel better soon!
Mom2G&J is offline   Reply With Quote