Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
mizurchin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So i started cereal can i stop??

I started cereal with my 5 month old about a month ago. He eats it once a day and i now regret starting it?? I dont want to do cereal, does anyone have suggestions?? Can i just stop? Oh and btw he knows when it is time to eat it?? Oh and he is also breastfed.

Advertisement

Proud wife to my Hubby 5/05 and SAHM, to Cash 4/21/08 and Case 7/14/11 and baby #3 9/14
mizurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So i started cereal can i stop??

Do you want to stop solids completely or just cereal? If you just want to stop the cereal you could try him on something else instead.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Could you just replace it with something else ? I stopped giving my son solids. But he was never eating them regularly
Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
Bmomma2C
Registered Users

My Mood:

Is there a reason you want to stop? Is your supply suffering because of it?
Old 12-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sure you could stop. He doesn't need it nutritionally. It's not going to reverse the alteration of fauna and flora in his stomach, so his poops will still stink. He's so little, he won't remember or think about it.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
mizurchin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

no my supply is fine, i just wish now i would have stuck with delayed solids instead of letting my pedi talk me into starting. My ds have terrible reflux and she thought it would help. If i continue to do solids is there something besides the rice cereal that i can do?? to me the rice cereal seams so processed and strange.
Proud wife to my Hubby 5/05 and SAHM, to Cash 4/21/08 and Case 7/14/11 and baby #3 9/14
Old 12-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
mizurchin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth View Post
Sure you could stop. He doesn't need it nutritionally. It's not going to reverse the alteration of fauna and flora in his stomach, so his poops will still stink. He's so little, he won't remember or think about it.
That was my whole worry to begin with, not the stinky poop, his has always smelled, but that i was doing something he didnt need.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #8
mizurchin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies for all the responses!! I guess my LO anwsered my question last night, i tried to skip the one time a day he eats cereal, thinking he doesnt need it he gets everything he needs from my milk, and about 5 minutes past the time i normally give him cereal, he started crying uncontrollably, I tried rocking, nursing(he had just nursed an hour earlier) playing, everything!!! The only thing that made him happy was the cereal!!! The minute he saw me with the bowl the crying stoped. So i guess now i am on a quest to find an option that is not a fruit or veggie to replace this strange looking powder that turns into a solid???
Old 12-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #9
illanna
Registered Users
seller

When my DS was starting solids I made my own cereal- I boiled brown rice, or oatmeal (not instant) or quinoa, etc. and then put it in the food processor with breastmilk so it was smooth. I felt the same way as you about the powdered cereal. Good luck!
illanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #10
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Find the book Super Baby food! There is a grain "porridge" that our kids lived and is easy to make!