Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #11
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Who's got a c section coming up?

Unless DD2's placenta moves up I'll be looking at repeat CS mid/late April. It's currently too low to allow for the VBAC that I was hoping for.

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:54 AM   #12
SashaE80
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'll be having one in July!! It seems so far off.
Quick question I'm really struggling with what to call this c-section. I'm only 8 weeks and I know I have to have one. It's planned but it's certainly not my choice. Friends seem to think i'm just lazy, but there is a valid reason, I just don't feel i need to go into my medical history with them. Elective doesn't seem right either??
SashaE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #13
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaE80
Quick question I'm really struggling with what to call this c-section. I'm only 8 weeks and I know I have to have one. It's planned but it's certainly not my choice. Friends seem to think i'm just lazy, but there is a valid reason, I just don't feel i need to go into my medical history with them. Elective doesn't seem right either??
If you don't mind saying, what is your reason? Even if its not your choice. It is hard to know what to say because it seems like cesarean moms feel like they have to add a disclaimer to the reason they are scheduling one. I would say a necessary scheduled cesarean.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #14
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaE80 View Post
It is just a c/s if it's your first and a repeat if it's another. You don't need to explain yourself to anyone, tell them to quit being so nosy, they don't need to know how you birth anyway
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #15
SashaE80
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you, "repeat" does seem to be a good neutral word! "Necessary scheduled" is brilliant.
When I was younger I broke my pelvis quite badly. We were trying for a natural home birth, they call it "proving your pelvis" here. If i had managed to deliver ds, it would be ok for me to try and deliver all naturally.
Unfortunately it turned into an emergency, in labor I broke my pelvis again, so I had an emergency late stage section.
This time i've been told I have no choice. In some respects I'm pleased, recovering from a c-section is hard, add in labor before and breaking bones it takes a long time! I have a toddler now who wont let me recover on the sofa for 6 months!
I just hate the fact that i feel i need to justify my birth options. I take it quite personally. Friends should support you whatever?!?
The thing is if you go to a nursery and look at the kids there is no way you could tell how they came into the world.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #16
LittleLady8
Registered Users
seller

wow i can't believe you broke your pelvis during labor! you are one tough lady! i would make up some fancy medical term - it's definitely not a repeat c/s in the way the term is usually used. I like 'necessary scheduled'. I'll try to think of more . 'Medically necessary'? I know it sucks to feel like you have to have a qualifying statement when you explain your birth or birth plans.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #17
DaynaR
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegirl75 View Post
I do! I have a scheduled c-section on January 18th unless labor starts before then. EDD is 1/23

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Aww, we're samerz :P

I'm due Jan 22/23 and my C-section is on the 16th!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #18
SashaE80
Registered Users

My Mood:

LittleLady8 you may have just made my year. The kindness of strangers is amazing. I find it really touching that you think of me as tough! I've always seen it as a huge weakness of my behalf and that's the reason I think i feel the need to defend my section so much!

Thank you!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #19
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No scheduled c-section here (just had my 2nd in September), but wanted to say congrats to you mamas! I pray your c-sections go well and recovery is fast and painless!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #20
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Nothing is scheduled, but I'll be having c-section #7 in June.