Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
bluesaddle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are you ever happy with your stash?

Not really There are always diapers I would love to try out. That being said I haven't bought new diapers in awhile. I have noticed that DD1's diapers are showing wear after being used and washed for 2.5 years straight. There are some that have held up very well and others that are falling apart. Luckily I have a few "new" ones coming in the mail soon.

Advertisement

Nana's Bottoms AIO's for sale http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...0#post17623040
bluesaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #12
Tish1973
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbum
My stash is completely Sbish. I LOVE it. The only thing I shop for now is more Sbish. So I guess you could say I'm "brand satisfied" and done trying new things.
I'm with you 100%. Love snapless on my chunky daughter. The wool is so soft. Keeps her little butt happy.
Tish1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #13
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I started out happy w/my newborn stash, then my son developed persistent rash problems so I became unhappy. Then I figured out what he needed and worked the stash back to a happy place and was content for a while...over a year Now my toddler is 2 1/2 and I've started adding to his stash again. I'm not unhappy, but it needed a little fresh air I guess

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I did like 18 months of destashing and buying more and doing it all over again. Then I got bored with it and now am happy with my stash. New things come out...I sort of have the desire to try them...but then I remember that I like what I have and there will always be new things but I know what I like so I'm sticking with it.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #15
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am completely happy w/ DS's stash of diapers. He wears all OS fitteds (PP, MWL, GM, & BSRB). I have about 80 in rotation. I only buy new ones if I really like the print & not very often.

we found a great night diaper (MWL) & I have enough for a week if I had to go w/o washing for some reason.

I'm also happy w/ the wool we have (he is allergic to PUL). I am still buying longies, but I consider them part of his wardrobe now his diapering supplies. I buy DD cute clothes even when she doesn't need them, so I do the same w/ DS.

Last edited by Junipervt; 12-16-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Junipervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #16
hibiscus869
Registered Users

I would say I'm pretty content, but then diaper companies come out with new diapers and I get the itch to try them. But I do, at this point, know what I DON'T like, so that's helpful.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #17
NSB
Registered Users
seller

I've been happy since I'm more concentrated on knitting up cute new pants My stash is me-made Trimsies large pockets and MEOS. I'm in love with my MEOS right now as they fit my DS so perfectly and trimly right now.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #18
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

I was ALMOST at stash nirvana, I just needed a few more dipes to complete it. Then I figured out after having rashes constantly that DD is sensitive to PUL, which was almost our entire stash So now I'm in the process of selling our PUL dipes to help fund more fitteds/flats and wool. When I have a decent stash of fitteds (I need about 24 more ) I think ill be completely happy. As pp mentioned, I know what I don't like and what DD can't wear, so that narrows it down a lot for me.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #19
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started out with pockets and gerber prefolds, then "upgraded" to MF, and then decided I hated MF and upgraded to bamboo... and now I've purged my pockets and am focused on fitteds and wool. (I did keep my Grovia A12s)

So, I had to pretty much build a new stash for my 15mo DD, and am have a small stash (from when DD was a newborn) for our next DD (due March3rd). My friend wants to throw me a baby shower and I'm hoping our stash will be complete through that.

I have brands I prefer when it comes to fitteds, but yeah- even though I have enough to get us through 2-3 days (depending on how many pees and poos we "catch"), I really have a hard time passing up a good deal.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #20
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybaby712 View Post
I was ALMOST at stash nirvana, I just needed a few more dipes to complete it. Then I figured out after having rashes constantly that DD is sensitive to PUL, which was almost our entire stash So now I'm in the process of selling our PUL dipes to help fund more fitteds/flats and wool. When I have a decent stash of fitteds (I need about 24 more ) I think ill be completely happy. As pp mentioned, I know what I don't like and what DD can't wear, so that narrows it down a lot for me.

I think our DD has the same problem.. and I am SO done dealing with all the smell issues with microfiber so I sold all of those off. I hate having to strip them time after time. I have better things to do!

I totally agree with you- since I know what I'm aiming for and what suits us best, I am no longer wasting my money. I also buy mainly OS fitteds so that our stash can fit our 4th and coming 5th baby.