Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

I did it! (crocheted longies)

I just finished my first ever patterned crochet and my second ever crochet project!!! I can't find the post asking about a crochet longies pattern but I wanted to update with my finished product. I used the Patons wool yarn in forest and trimmed with their taupe. I used the wigglebunz creations pattern and it was tough since I didn't know a lot of the stitches and techniques, but once I got the hang of it, I did okay. For newbies I'd definitely use lots of stitch markers. I didn't use them until the middle of the pattern and I think I would have been less confused if I had used them at the beginning. Also I started them on the 10th and finished today but I didn't work on them all the time so it didn't take too long to make up and I made her general size small though I would almost say these are more of a medium, but that may be more my fault than the pattern. I haven't remeasured to see how exact they are.

Advertisement

Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
spring2011
Registered Users

Re: I did it! (crocheted longies)

very pretty! Looks hard.
spring2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

It really wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. I just have to practice keeping my reverse stitch even. I think I'm going to crochet DD a pair of nightime shorties to go over her pull ups because she has been soaking them and the bed at least 2 times a week.
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
love_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Great job!
love_cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
Whipple
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awesome! I really like that color!
Whipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
mandasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

very good! it's so satisfying to be able to make your own woolies!
mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #7
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Looks great!
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love that pattern! As you use it more, it'll get easier and you'll need the stitch markers less. I have gotten to the point that I've just about memorized certain sizes and just need a couple of the numbers off the pattern to make mine...especially a size medium...made a lot of those lately LOL I'm almost to that point with NB as well since I've been making a few pairs of those for the baby coming in march. Your longies look great! I love the colors! Paton's is a great starter wool yarn! Purewool is awesome too! Just be careful...it can be addictive! LOL Recently I started spending more on my yarn ($15-$20/Skein) and I'm almost wishing I'd never tried them just because now I want more LOL PW is a great, soft wool yarn though that is very comparable to the HC yarns IMHO...main reason I keep wanting HC yarn is the colorways!
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #9
NSB
Registered Users
seller

Awesome job mama!! Love the colors
Old 12-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Great job OP! Yes, isn't it so liberating to know you can make a pair of longies any time you want? Like, you don't have to plan 3 mos ahead & anticipate growth for a pair of birthday or Christmas longies? B/c now you can crank them out in a week! Buy cute yarn ahead & Voila! Perfect-fitting longies whenever you want .

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LizziesLoops* View Post
I love that pattern! As you use it more, it'll get easier and you'll need the stitch markers less. I have gotten to the point that I've just about memorized certain sizes and just need a couple of the numbers off the pattern to make mine...especially a size medium...made a lot of those lately LOL I'm almost to that point with NB as well since I've been making a few pairs of those for the baby coming in march. Your longies look great! I love the colors! Paton's is a great starter wool yarn! Purewool is awesome too! Just be careful...it can be addictive! LOL Recently I started spending more on my yarn ($15-$20/Skein) and I'm almost wishing I'd never tried them just because now I want more LOL PW is a great, soft wool yarn though that is very comparable to the HC yarns IMHO...main reason I keep wanting HC yarn is the colorways!
Oh, just wait until you realize how easy dyeing your own yarn is. Then you'll just buy undyed PW & do it all yourself!