Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:
Any experience with La Petite Daycare???

My best friend is putting her kids in La Petite daycare. I have heard some bad things about La Petite Daycare and I care about her kids so much that I really would like to hear anything good or bad about the daycare. I know a lot of daycares vary from center to center, but would just like to hear your experiences. TIA!!!

Advertisement

Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
kimsclothkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any experience with La Petite Daycare???

My friend had her 2 girls in a La Petite. After about a month of them going there, I went to pick the girls up. The youngest (11 months old at the time) was sitting in one of those tables with chairs built in. There were 2 other kids there at the time. One other was with Kaci and the other one was climbing on a book shelf. The teacher was no where to be found. I sat there with the 3 kids for 17 minutes before the teacher returned. Lets just say that I had a thing or two to tell here and the director. My friend was stupid and left her kids there so she could find something else. About a week later, the oldest one, Kristyn (2 at the time) was out on the playground and got out of the fence somehow. The teachers were obviously not watching her. She was found walking down a busy street by herself. She was not found by a teacher, but by another parent that recognized her. The girls never went back. As you said, things are different from place to place. I personally, would never send my child there.
WOHM to NoahJacoband MeganLoving wife to my #1 man, Aaron I have a one of a kind family and a one of a kind life and I'm loving every minute of it!
kimsclothkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't think of anything specifically, but I haven't ever heard anything good about them! I would chose a smaller daycare personally and private preschool. They tend to have a better adult/child ratio.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsclothkids View Post
My friend had her 2 girls in a La Petite. After about a month of them going there, I went to pick the girls up. The youngest (11 months old at the time) was sitting in one of those tables with chairs built in. There were 2 other kids there at the time. One other was with Kaci and the other one was climbing on a book shelf. The teacher was no where to be found. I sat there with the 3 kids for 17 minutes before the teacher returned. Lets just say that I had a thing or two to tell here and the director. My friend was stupid and left her kids there so she could find something else. About a week later, the oldest one, Kristyn (2 at the time) was out on the playground and got out of the fence somehow. The teachers were obviously not watching her. She was found walking down a busy street by herself. She was not found by a teacher, but by another parent that recognized her. The girls never went back. As you said, things are different from place to place. I personally, would never send my child there.
Wow that is scary! I hear these stories and I just cry. I used to take care of her dd and occasionally still take care of her dd and ds. I love her kids so much that I would hate ANYTHING to happen to them and I know my friend is already struggling thinking about leaving her kids in daycare full-time.

Every place she has looked into has a waiting list from months to years. I guess they could be a reason for that!!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:55 PM   #5
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Well I have first hand knowledge about them because when I was preggo with Mikey I WORKED there lEt me tell you a thing or two about it....

One time I was there and two teachers took their kids out to play in the playground and the class was 2 yr olds....Well the teachers got to talking and generally not paying attention, the kids got the gate open from it not being lathced right and teh teacher never checked it....ALL 14 kids were running up and down the street and parents driving in were having to gather up 14 kids from down teh street...I mean the teacher never noticed until the kids were brought back, and this wasnt an isolated incident it happned quite often at least 2 times a year.

Another time a teacher was in the toddlers room and she was trying to get the kids to go to sleep on their mats and one child was mad and didnt want to she she was hiding under the table, the worker literally ripped her from one arm up from under the table and threw her onto her mat!! I saw and reported her to the director, they said they would do something abou tit once they had enough employees to be able to handle her absence...

Another worker was always yelling and screaming at the kids in every class the kids hated her!! I reposted her several times to teh director about how mean she was to the children and they just turned a blind eye and never did anything and I mean she was awful!!

Sevreal Several workers hated being in the rooms with kids still in diapers that most when in there would intentionally not change diapers and just write it down that they did becaue they didnt want to have to change the diapers, and because some workers are only in there for a couple hours because they are letting the main teacher take a break, they just wouldnt change diapers or wipe noses because they thought it was gross.

In most classes children were shuffled around like little prisoners and just basically cried for their mom and many teachers would have very little patience with them!! I felt so bad for all the kids I just tried to give them love.

Now dont get me worng there were some teachers that were nice and good but for real the caliber of workers wasnt ver good because they rarely pay over minimun wage and most were there because they were isngle moms who had to work and hated it there.....And the comapny in general isnt very good to their employess, they dont pay overtime ever, they instead will give you extended lunch breaks so they dont have to pay overtime...so if I work 4 hours overtime they will give me 2 hours luchbreak to make up for it...it was awful and the kids hated it there I felt so bad for them!! It was working there that gave me insight that I didnt want to take my kids to daycare if I could help at all because most kids were miserable there....

If I had to take to a daycare I want those watching my kids to *want* to watch my kids and not just tolerate my kids ya know?? Tell her to find somewhere else
Old 04-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #6
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

Oh my. I interviewed at La Petite when I lived in Iowa and was looking for a position. I got the same impression from the company and decided not to work there and started my own inhome childcare instead.

Your post just made me sick to my stomach thinking about what her kids will be going through. They are too young and too good of kids to go there IMO.

She should know about the diapers since she uses cloth. They did say that they would do cloth also so she will know how often they are getting changed by the amount of diapers that are coming home.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leininger27 View Post
She should know about the diapers since she uses cloth. They did say that they would do cloth also so she will know how often they are getting changed by the amount of diapers that are coming home.

Thats true, hopefully it works out for and the kids
Old 04-17-2007, 10:26 PM   #8
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

it depends on the center, I had mine in hte LP here and took them out because the assistant teacher (mentally not all there) was physically abusing the infants. I witnessed it firsthand (carrying a 6 month old across the room by 1 wrist then tossing the child several feet, picking up newborns by 1 arm, kicking the crawlers out of her walking path, force feeding babies) I let the director know, she was even in the room while the forcefeeding was taking place but still they wouldn't fire her. I called corporate, again nothing, so finally I called CPS, after confirming every allogation I made that I personally witnessed they told the center she had to be fired or they would be shut down. They fired her and rehired her 6 months later. My DS also got rotovirus (as well as every other child in his class) because they weren't washing hands properly. They also didn't have any equipment in the "toddler" room. Just 3 chairs and some playmats on the floor so it was like a wild safari when you went into the toddler room because they were so bored.

The lead infant teacher was so great, she had my DS in her class at first and everything was fine while she was there. But she finally got too tired from working 5:30 am to 8:30pm so she cut back her hours and the whole place fell to pieces. This happened a few weeks after DD started going and right when DS transitioned into the "toddler" room. I pulled both after 2 weeks of this mess and never looked back.

Also, the director never noticifed the parents of the babies who were carried by 1 arm, thrown, kicked or forcefed until CPS came in and made them.

My to your friend: RUN, RUN FAR AWAY
Old 04-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #9
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

Wow. This makes me so sad! I just want to
Old 04-18-2007, 04:13 AM   #10
bean3
Registered Users
seller

There is one on Slaughter Lane just east of Texas Oaks. (I lived right around the corner). One summer, the director of the daycare (I believe that was her title) went into work at the daycare. She left her OWN daughter in her car, not realizing it. When she came out after work her daughter was dead in the car. We have 110+ degree summers at times, and this was in the height of it.

If I had to guess, this was probably somewhere around 2003.

Her explanation was she just "forgot" she had the kid with her. I guess her husband usually had the kids or something. Anyway....

I would research that tidbit of information. I was absolutely freaked out!
bean3 is offline   Reply With Quote