Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
bugz
Registered Users

Yeast infection

DS went for his 1 month check up yesterday and has a yeast infection. Two questions:

1. Do I need to do anything to my diapers to get the yeast bacteria out of them? I use BG 4.0 and cotton prefolds.

2. I forgot and used his cream then put cloth diapers on with no liner. What do I do to the diapers that I used cream with?

Advertisement

bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
misskaystitches
Registered Users

Re: Yeast infection

Yes. You need to disinfect the diapers. Use 1/4-1/2 cup in your load. Rinse twice after washing with the bleach. That should take care of it. Then wait about 3-5 days to use cloth again after it clears since yeast can live on the skin a few days after it clears. You can use cloth while using the ointment but you have to disinfect each time you wash until it clears and a few days after it clears. So it's easier to use disposables during treatment.
misskaystitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:12 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

as far as I am aware you can use yeast creams with cloth and we cloth diapered through yeast.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes disinfect. Your diaper will be fine. you only have to worry about repelling when creams that have water repellent in them (like zinc oxicde). It might stain them but it won't cause issues. Check sig for old yeast postings.

I use cloth diapers through yeast rashes.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 11-17-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
deva
Registered Users
seller

I have same issue. Following for info!
deva is offline   Reply With Quote