Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #91
itslilma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

This answered so much for me. Thanks for all the hard work.

Advertisement

itslilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #92
ecomother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Subbing because this is an awesome thread!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #93
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so are you still like the DR mediums on your 2 (or almost 2?) yr old still? i am once again thinking of getting some pfs (never did commit before, lol). The pics of the DR meds look like they might work for my ds. : )
Old 06-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #94
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13
so are you still like the DR mediums on your 2 (or almost 2?) yr old still? i am once again thinking of getting some pfs (never did commit before, lol). The pics of the DR meds look like they might work for my ds. : )
I use the DR green edge PFs on my nearly one yr old DS and we still have plenty of room to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #95
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13 View Post
They fit my 25lb 2 year-old perfectly.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #96
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Beth, I would think that your DS would probably fit into the oranges soon, but if he is still a peanut, then go for it and give the greens a try. I cannot say based on experience because I am not using them right now, but my toddler had outgrown them before he started PLing. He is using the potty and my new baby is using fitteds. But maybe we'll end up using prefolds with him again at some point. We'll see!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #97
ktbug87
Registered Users
seller

I'm needing help choosing what to get for my 4 month-old son. He is 12 pounds and has tiny little legs. Most OS diapers do not fit yet.

I have some osocozy infant prefolds, and they are okay (maybe a little long) in the length, but I can barely get them snappied, so I'm not sure they are wide enough.

I want to be able to snappi and also trifold into a Flip. I would really like something soft and not overly quilty, because I don't want a ton of bulk. But I need absorbent too.

Hehe...now that I read that I'm not sure that can work?
ktbug87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #98
ktbug87
Registered Users
seller

I'm needing help choosing what to get for my 4 month-old son. He is 12 pounds and has tiny little legs. Most OS diapers do not fit yet.

I have some osocozy infant prefolds, and they are okay (maybe a little long) in the length, but I can barely get them snappied, so I'm not sure they are wide enough.

I want to be able to snappi and also trifold into a Flip. I would really like something soft and not overly quilty, because I don't want a ton of bulk. But I need absorbent too.

Hehe...now that I read that I'm not sure that can work?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #99
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quiltiness does not make them bulky IMO. It just makes them for floppy and then when folding they fold more easily, making them seem trimmer to me. Just a thought.

For a 12lb 4 month old, I think you should grab a sample of a small and a medium prefold in whichever brand appeals to you. Maybe the Imagine or GMDs, rather than the Diaper Rite, since those are a bit wider and your baby sounds slender. If you don't know which brand to choose, I'd go with the thread color you like best. I'd go for unbleached cotton. It is almost always a favorite.

It sounds like the ones you currently have are not the "trimmed" style of prefolds? You might like the trimmed ones better. I'd give them a try!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #100
ktbug87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJoyful View Post
Quiltiness does not make them bulky IMO. It just makes them for floppy and then when folding they fold more easily, making them seem trimmer to me. Just a thought.

For a 12lb 4 month old, I think you should grab a sample of a small and a medium prefold in whichever brand appeals to you. Maybe the Imagine or GMDs, rather than the Diaper Rite, since those are a bit wider and your baby sounds slender. If you don't know which brand to choose, I'd go with the thread color you like best. I'd go for unbleached cotton. It is almost always a favorite.

It sounds like the ones you currently have are not the "trimmed" style of prefolds? You might like the trimmed ones better. I'd give them a try!
So you think yellow edge GMD will be easier to snappi than the osocozy? I do angel wing fold, and I really have to tug to make the snappi fit.