Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #121
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegratefulmama View Post
Take a look at the wide baby prefold at GMD! See the first 2 posts for pic comparisons and action shots! Wow 25 lbs at 5 months sounds like how my ds was!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Looks like a great idea, but are they wider than the brown- they look the same in the pic?

Advertisement

Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #122
mamaspice
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands&Fire Pottery

Looks like a great idea, but are they wider than the brown- they look the same in the pic?
Have you tried a brown on already, and it is too narrow? The WBs are listed as 1/2 inch wider on the GMD page. Is he chunkier in the waist or thighs?

He will likely slim down a little bit once he gets mobile, so don't buy with too much room to grow.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #123
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspice View Post
Have you tried a brown on already, and it is too narrow? The WBs are listed as 1/2 inch wider on the GMD page. Is he chunkier in the waist or thighs?

He will likely slim down a little bit once he gets mobile, so don't buy with too much room to grow.
That's what I was thinking. I don't think you'd need anything larger than the browns. I'd probably get those if you don't want to size up again soon. The Wide Baby are not very long in the rise.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #124
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

He is in browns currently with either Thirsties Large covers or Imse Vimse Superlarge. The IV Extra Large covers are a bit small. Right now the GMD browns are fitting with a toddler sized snappi, but they have that feeling of pretty soon I am going to need another size (widthwise), and since I try to buy used when I can, I like to be prepared ahead. The rise of the browns is fine really and I think would be for a while. If I can't find something in between, I may need to go trifolding or maybe flats. With my daughter, she started slimming down about age 3, but she wasn't quite as big as DS at this age. She was slow to walk/crawl, etc, and he is still not rolling, so not sure much movement is coming soon.

Thanks for the advise- I haven't really done much diaper shopping with him as I have all of DD's diaper stash. Really I've just needed covers to this point. ETA: actually I did get periwinkle dipes- couldn't resist-

Last edited by Hands&Fire Pottery; 07-05-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #125
mamaspice
Registered Users

Yup, I'd hold out if you can until he gets mobile. My dd had completely outgrown the reds and now can fit back into them snappied just fine. Trifolding or flats is a good solution though, or try the bikini twist for a little extra width. Also pinning if you are up for it.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #126
Nimyue
Registered Users
seller

Gah this needs a sticky!!! I keep having to search for it!
Nimyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #127
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimyue
Gah this needs a sticky!!! I keep having to search for it!
Subscribe to it! That's what I did I love this thread. It helped me buy the perfect pfs for me.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #128
mimihol
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am expecting a larger nb my smallest was 8.6, 10 days (early membranes stripped) and my largest was 10.10, (4 days over). I will just wait until this one wants to appear. Anyhow I would love some pf to go with my pockets and all in ones. I want to get good ones, the newer short cut ones sound awesome. My last baby outgrew his bg xs in the width so I am thinking wide is better. I will be snapping and boinging. What are your recommendations?
Old 07-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #129
mamaspice
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimihol
I am expecting a larger nb my smallest was 8.6, 10 days (early membranes stripped) and my largest was 10.10, (4 days over). I will just wait until this one wants to appear. Anyhow I would love some pf to go with my pockets and all in ones. I want to get good ones, the newer short cut ones sound awesome. My last baby outgrew his bg xs in the width so I am thinking wide is better. I will be snapping and boinging. What are your recommendations?
The organic GMDs run a smidgen bigger than the regulars; They were a bit too big in the beginning (my dd was 8.7) she grew so fast that they were awesome!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #130
babyspaz
Registered Users
seller

This thread is awesome! I do wish it were a sticky...
babyspaz is offline   Reply With Quote