Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #61
northern_sunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

Quick question and this seems as good of a place as any to ask.

Both my girls were in the upper end of the 7lbs range (7lb 9oz and 7lbs 8oz) and I expect baby boy to be right along there too. Could I possibly skip the newborn size of the DR PFs and go right to the smalls (which are rated starting at 8lbs)? The girls were both average length and rise. Trying to be as economical as I can and I know I can skip the smallest size Imagines but would like to try the DR's as well.

Advertisement

northern_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #62
Happy2BMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by northern_sunshine View Post
Quick question and this seems as good of a place as any to ask.

Both my girls were in the upper end of the 7lbs range (7lb 9oz and 7lbs 8oz) and I expect baby boy to be right along there too. Could I possibly skip the newborn size of the DR PFs and go right to the smalls (which are rated starting at 8lbs)? The girls were both average length and rise. Trying to be as economical as I can and I know I can skip the smallest size Imagines but would like to try the DR's as well.
I'd love to know this too. DD was 7lb 12oz and DS was 8lb 4oz. This baby should be about the same.
Happy2BMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #63
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another idea would be to go with DR, Zabi or OsoCozy for NB size as they run larger than Imagine XS. You can for sure skip the XS Imagines, but the Imagine SM will be quite bulky on a NB. I can post a pic once my baby comes.

The thing with buying small prefolds for a NB is that you still need NB covers, and fitting the SM prefold into the NB covers, while trying to keep it all below the cord can be hard. If you used Bummis NB nylon pull on Super Whisper Pants, that would work really well, even with size small prefolds. You'd just fold down the front or back of the prefold. And the nylon pull ons work so well for the few weeks while the cord area is falling off and healing.

I think the DR NB size tri-fold quite nicely into size small covers, so if you used them on your NB, you could keep using them later. I'll try to get some pics of that this week.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #64
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

I just ordered 2 dozen in each size of the newest batch from Nicki's!! Does anyone else have a problem just ordering one or two - I mean why do that when I can buy enough for a hole stash (every.single.time). I will post with details once I get them - should not take too long since I am only 2.5 hours away from them
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #65
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did you get unbleached or organic?

I pushed the order button on my GMD unbleached orange newborns! I haven't gotten any smalls yet, but I plan to. I think I'll do unbleached DR smalls.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #66
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenAar0n View Post
I'm due April 24th Haven't used prefolds before, but just got a whack of small Bummis and small Little Lions off kijiji and I have a bunch of super whisper wraps and super brites and some real nappies covers. Has anyone used Bummis or Little Lions prefolds before?
A lot of mamas have used the Little Lions prefolds. As far as I know, they are from a company called "All Together Diaper Co," the maker of the OsoCozy prefolds, which supplies to Cotton Babies and many other diaper stores who sell standard Indian prefolds.

Over the years I have always heard great things about Little Lions. I am sure you will love them! The Bummis are kind of spendy, so I do not hear much about them.

You may want to tri-fold your prefolds for an easy, great fitting option. Or, fold the front or back down and use a snapi or pins. If you do pin or snappi, you will probably notice that there is extra length, and maybe not enough width. Once it is time to size up, you could check out one of the trimmed prefolds that are being compared on this thread.

Enjoy your new stash!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #67
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

I ordered the unbleached I REALLY like GMD newborn sizing - they sound perfect... I might get those when I am pregnant
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #68
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

This is great! Can't wait to see the pics on the newbies coming! Consider yourselves lucky you can order prefolds any time you want! Last time I was in the US I ordered a dozen each of organic GMD orange, yellow, and red and brought me back here to Malaysia (and a dozen flats). Now the only prefolds I can buy are the standard Indian sized ones And those are from Singapore. Hoping I'll get to visit the US again to buy more prefolds sometime!! I also thought if necessary I can get the Indian size ones and then trim them shorter and add extended tabs.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #69
prantastic
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 04-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #70
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK - trying to figure out which pf is closest in size to the Zabi rainbow. The rainbows are the perfect size, but too scratchy. The GMD reds are a tad too small. Im wondering how the DR meds and larges and the Imagine larges compare to the Zabi rainbow and the GMD red. I know this thread is old so I dont know if you have all these anymore!