Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

Does anyone else feel achy?

I have had this weird, achy feeling in my lower abdomen for the last few weeks. First it was the horrible cramps from O'ing and they just kinda eased up to this feeling. Its not painful. Just there. Almost like I've been exercising? Or really full after eating too much. I've been freaking out about it, of course, but I am thinking maybe they are just growing pains? I just don't remember this from DS, but its been a while. If the aches were a sign of a miscarriage, something would've happened by now, right?

THX!

(oh, by DD is 8/23 so I'm about 4.5weeks)

Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With my miscarriage I didnt have cramps. All my books say that achyness I normal remember your uterus is moving up and expanding. Since this isn't your first it does that sooner then the first time around since your body knows what to do. Plus idk about you but when not prego my prenatals are great. When prego they make me gassy and sort of constipated. That could be it too! Stay calm mama all sounds food to me!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does anyone else feel achy?

Thanks Andrea! You made me feel better And good call on the vitamins! They cause my reflux to flare up terribly so I found a different kind. I didn't even think that while the reflux isn't as bad, maybe they are still causing other tummy issues.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was REALLY concerned that I might miscarry with this one too... I have been cramping (like mild menstrual cramps) since I ovulated.. So far, I am still testing positive and i am certainly having symptoms of pregnancy (severe breast tenderness, abnormal appetite, clothes don't fit) so don't worry. Get to the doctor when you can, let him/her know about your concerns, and deal with things as they come. the worry is worse than the cramps :-)
challmeyeralways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
ssqueakert
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've kinda had an on and off wierd crampy feeling in my abdomen lately too. It kinda feels like the impending doom of my period coming at any minute.
I've never had a miscarriage (that I know of), so I can't really compare to how that feels. Like previous poster said, after searching and reading some sites, it sounds like it might be the uterus starting to expand.
I worry about it being a MC too though!
Try to to worry too much! It is most likely your body making changes for the baby!

My ISO/IHA lists
ssqueakert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

I had cramping with both DD and this time. I didn't have them with DS at all. It's kind of a weird feeling to explain, but it's pretty normal. With DD the dr said it was a mixture of round ligament starting early and a cyst that is formed on your ovary that the baby recieves nutrients from the first few weeks.

It feels different than my miscarriage, I didn't have cramps until I was already bleeding and passing, not before. If that makes sense.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
LivingSimplyNM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysprincess View Post
I had cramping with both DD and this time. I didn't have them with DS at all. It's kind of a weird feeling to explain, but it's pretty normal. With DD the dr said it was a mixture of round ligament starting early and a cyst that is formed on your ovary that the baby recieves nutrients from the first few weeks.

It feels different than my miscarriage, I didn't have cramps until I was already bleeding and passing, not before. If that makes sense.
Same here. I'm a little achy and full feeling. When I miscarried there were no signs at all, no morning sickness, breast tenderness, fatigue, nothing and then I started spotting and the cramps got bad the next day.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

Thank you mama's! You have made me feel much better. Lisanne, the 'achy full feeling' you said is exactly how I feel. I just wish this first trimester would hurry by so I can relax and enjoy this pregnancy
Old 12-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeysmama View Post
Thank you mama's! You have made me feel much better. Lisanne, the 'achy full feeling' you said is exactly how I feel. I just wish this first trimester would hurry by so I can relax and enjoy this pregnancy
This is how I always feel during my first trimester. It's so full of worry and yuckiness. I can't wait to get into the second trimester, everything is so much more real and more relaxing.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was just coming to post the very same thing! I've been achy and tender down there. Glad to hear it's common and normal!

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote