Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Introducing Jevin Levi *Updated with birth story*

A week after his birth, I've finally gotten around to the birth story. It's been a busy week with birthing & holidays.

12/19/2011- I woke up in the morning at 4:30am with contractions. They were painful, and coming regularly. DH was trying to leave for work about 1.5 hours away & I was pretty worried. He left for work and I called him back home at 8am. Lucky for me he hadn't left for his jobs and was still at the shop. He came home, we got everything set up, called the midwife, and after eating they fizzled our a but. She told me to get in the bath tub, & that it'll either get better or worse. They completely stopped.

That night, I sat on my birth ball for about 2 hours while knitting and watching TV. Contractions were coming somewhat often, but I figured it was just from sitting on the ball. So, I went to bed.

12/20/2011- I woke up at about 6am having contractions. I hadn't slept much that night between contractions and heartburn. Contractions were 7 minutes apart, so I got in the tub again st 6:30am. They didn't stop. At 8am, DH came in the room and I told him to fill up the birth pool. I got in for a bit, and let my midwife know I was pretty sure this was it. I finally had more mucus plug lost with streaks of blood, so I was excited.

Around 9:45am, I checked my cervix and felt like I was a 3-4 with my water bulging. I labored with contractions about 5-6 minutes apart for hours, they were 3-4 before the midwife came, but they started slowing down. I spent most of this time on hands and knees or on the toilet. She checked me around 11:00 and I was 7 cm!

I got in the tub around 11:30 & stayed on my hands and knees for a bit, but switched to just sitting so I could rest. I had a couple really strong contractions and the midwife checked me... STILL 7 CM!!!! WTF?!?! I cried. I balled. I was so upset. How could there be no progress almost 2 hours later?

She tried turning him since he wasn't in the must optimum position for so long and he turned completely posterior! I could feel his kicks and punches completely inn the front. I got back on my hand and knees to encourage him to turn. It was about 1pm. My contractions at this point were still about 5-6 minutes apart.

Suddenly, I had two really strong contractions & my water broke. My midwife said I could try nudging a little at the peak of my contractions. So I nudged and realized he was on his way! I could feel his head when I reached down. I was surprised I stopped pushing. We really were trying to avoid tearing since my babies usually come with just 1-2 pushes really fast. She supported my perineum & I gently & slowly pushed with the next contraction (at least I felt like I did) and out he came. My midwife told me he was coming my way and I grabbed him from underneath me. His cord was short, but I sat back holding him & started crying.

As I reflect on it now, this was the birth I had longed for. It was so peaceful and positive in the room. All of my family was there. There was so much support. And in the end, there was a healthy baby boy. And no stitches.

Dec 20, 2011
1:34pm
9 lbs 2 ozs
21.25" long

Using my DS app, please excuse the lack of proofreading.

Advertisement

Last edited by JeDeeLenae; 12-27-2011 at 09:58 PM.
JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Introducing Jevin Levi

Congrats Cassie
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congrats. He was worth waiting for!
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Yay! Finally! Congrats Cassie
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Yay Cassie! So happy he is here!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Lol, you and emily had babies around the same time!
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
he is absolutely beautiful!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
Aidensmommalove
Registered Users
seller