Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Confessional

I also confess to (totally not pregnancy related!) thinking about taking half of the gifts that my dad and stepmom sent to our kiddos back to Target and not wrapping them....I'm just sick and tired of toys...especially ones that are so similar to others that we already have...and we could really use some more practical things, like some new snowpants and snowboots. I'd totally do it right now, but I'm still trying to figure out how to avoid questions like "how did you like this or that." I think that if I sat my kids down and talked to them about it they would be alright with it, but still I'm not sure I want them turning around and telling Nana and Papa "guess what, we decided to take everything back that you sent to us" you know? I'm not even sure that my stepmom remembers what she ordered (because the gifts all arrived about a month ago and she just likes to buy STUFF) so I'm sure in a few months she really wouldn't have a clue...just now sure how best to deal with the situation w/o feeling dishonest or rude or ungrateful for their generosity. I do appreciate that they want to spoil their grandchildren, but seriously when I said we don't need any more toys, I meant it, and that's why I mentioned a few practical things that we NEED instead.

Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #12
RoccerMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Boo'sMama
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by srpettitt
I also confess to (totally not pregnancy related!) thinking about taking half of the gifts that my dad and stepmom sent to our kiddos back to Target and not wrapping them....I'm just sick and tired of toys...especially ones that are so similar to others that we already have...and we could really use some more practical things, like some new snowpants and snowboots. I'd totally do it right now, but I'm still trying to figure out how to avoid questions like "how did you like this or that." I think that if I sat my kids down and talked to them about it they would be alright with it, but still I'm not sure I want them turning around and telling Nana and Papa "guess what, we decided to take everything back that you sent to us" you know? I'm not even sure that my stepmom remembers what she ordered (because the gifts all arrived about a month ago and she just likes to buy STUFF) so I'm sure in a few months she really wouldn't have a clue...just now sure how best to deal with the situation w/o feeling dishonest or rude or ungrateful for their generosity. I do appreciate that they want to spoil their grandchildren, but seriously when I said we don't need any more toys, I meant it, and that's why I mentioned a few practical things that we NEED instead.
O my gosh I totally relate! My step mom seems to think she needs to compete with how much I buy for my kids and with my mom and Dhs parents it gets ridiculous! Esp since dds bday is a week after Christmas. I mean really...how many barbies do people think she needs? Sorry mini vent....lol
I too confess house work has been LOW priority. I try to pull it together and at least have dishes done before DH comes home.... I also confess that I miss my coffee o so much and if it even sounded remotely appealing (due to ms) I would probably still have a cup a day... o and I totally stopped at a pizza place yesterday for greasy cheesy breadsticks....lol
Old 12-21-2011, 11:07 PM   #13
Mom2G&J
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've had my 8 year old vacuum the living room just to make the room decent. My DH has done more dishes than me for the last few weeks. I also confess that while my M/S is gone I am still too tired to do much. Oh and most nights I fall asleep without brushing my teeth or washing my face.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:49 AM   #14
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I confess that since this pregnancy started I have been super lazy and tired. I am anemic and can't take my iron pills or my prenatal vitamins so that has a lot to do with it. My kids make me crazy ( like more then normal). And I think my husband may leave me (joking) if I let my house get any more messy, but he is fed up over the house, it's getting bad. It's not dirty but I have lots of clean clothes in my living room and diapers sometimes have gone 3 days (gasp) between washes! I also confess that I have spent way to much money on diapers already, and don't plan on stopping.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #15
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

I confess that I have had to clean out the fridge multiple times this pregnancy and thrown out a lot of food because 1) a meal I planned to make didn't happen (the food sounded gross, I forgot I was going to make it, I didn't have the energy to make it), 2) it sounded good when I bought it, but now I can't even stand to look at it, and 3) it's a leftover, and I'm having a really hard time re-eating any food (I'm not big on leftovers on a non-pregnant day, but now? ughhh).
Old 12-22-2011, 07:09 AM   #16
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

I also confess I haven't taken one single prenatal vitamin. I haven't even tried. I've taken some other supplements that are a LOT easier to swallow and gagged on those. Bleh. Part of me wonders if I'm harming the baby. The other part of me reminds myself that I didn't take hardly any prenatals until I was able to in the second trimester with DD, and she wasn't born with two heads or heart defects.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #17
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
I also confess I haven't taken one single prenatal vitamin. I haven't even tried. I've taken some other supplements that are a LOT easier to swallow and gagged on those. Bleh. Part of me wonders if I'm harming the baby. The other part of me reminds myself that I didn't take hardly any prenatals until I was able to in the second trimester with DD, and she wasn't born with two heads or heart defects.
try the gummies from target.. they are yummy!

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:18 AM   #18
elara22
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow! Umm, junk food.. Cheese puffs, ice cream, chocolate...anything that sounds good. MS has been so bad I feel like I have been in bed for a month...laundry stacking up, dishes in the sink, and dds toys everywhere. I have zero energy. I can't wait for this phase to pass!
elara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #19
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been up since 3AM. I finally came downstairs to get on line and eat peanut M&M's. I probably won't be much fun to be around today!

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #20
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

I started taking kids Flintstones Vitamins instead of the prenatal cause they were just making me too sick.
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote