Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #21
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 Day Potty Training...Should we keep going?

I think it's up to you if you want to keep going and don't mind accidents. As long as she's not stressed and you aren't, there's no harm in practicing. But if it starts to seem like she's being bothered or you are, then I'd relax things and go back to diapers for a bit.

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #22
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnye View Post
I think housefullofgirls is probably right that you could potty train her now. But it's totally up to you whether it's "necessary" or not. I understand the sentiment that it's more respectful of the child to help them learn once they know they're going in their diaper, so they're not soiling themselves. But it can also be respectful to relax and wait until they have some interest themselves in using the potty. I really don't think either way is harmful to the child and I think we probably put too much emphasis on potty training altogether- it's not harmful to PT early; it's not harmful to wait. I think you should do what works for you; if you're more stressed by your child still being in diapers than by a couple weeks of intensive training, go with the training. If you're more stressed by the training, go with diapers. I really don't think it will matter much in the long run.

OKOK! Where is the like buttone? Love the way you stated this.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #23
NFPMommy6709
Registered Users
seller

Thought maybe I should update. About 2 months after starting I would say DD is 90% potty learned. She still has accidents now and then, but those are normally her telling us in the car and we can't get to a potty fast enough. Lol She also still wears dipes for nap and night time. She went through about a weekk 2 weeks ago where she seemed to have completely regressed, but it was a phase and with some patience it did pass. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #24
daisy7843
Registered Users
seller

Glad it worked out. We did the three day potty training but both of my kids were almost three. And they were completely trained by the end of three days. Glad she was able to grasp it so young
daisy7843 is offline   Reply With Quote