Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2011, 01:52 AM   #1
loisc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Diapers for my moose?

My one year old is very tall and very broad, what are some larger pocket diapers that will last him until about 3? We are set on wool, covers, prefolds, fitteds, and fleece. For pockets I currently have mostly BGOS and at 30lbs he's on the tallest rise and 2nd to last snap for the thigh and third for the waist. I know he'll thin out some, but this makes me nervous. I have a Thirsties duo diaper size 2 and that is a huge diaper and he's actually on the middle rise but I don't like that it wicks so easily. What else runs larger? Other diapers in my stash are knickernappies, tots bots easy fits, blissful Booty AIOs, and large fuzzibunzs. They all look iffy except for the FB's and blissful booty large AIO. The FB's fit but I HATE them and am actually selling them. I need a variety. If he wears the same type of diaper all day he gets rashes from the leg holes touching the same spot on his thigh. So he can't wear the same type twice in a row. Anyone diaper a large baby that can offer some wisdom. This is my first baby to CD and I sure could use some guidance on this one

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 01:53 AM   #2
loisc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
TIA for any help. You'll be saving me lots of money since I won't have to do so much trial and error.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diapers for my moose?

Maybe sized Happy Heinys? http://www.happyheinys.com/our-products/pocket-diapers The chart says an xlarge will fit 30-40lbs and it's got a decent size range in the waist too. I don't have any experience with them myself, but I've seen other people with bigger baby's say they are great! Hope that helps a little
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
mlhmrsdds
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I love tiny tush elite for my son who is 32 pounds at 2, good fit. Also I like the blueberry pockets.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
loisc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks mamas! I'm going to search DS for one each of these to try
Old 12-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 18-month-old is 30 lbs and 35", and the diapers that fit him the best are sized Thirsties, sized Fuzzibunz, and OS Blueberries.

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 3 going on 4 happy, healthy little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

large bummis wraps are definitely sized for a wide toddler. I also use XL fuzzibunz for overnights on my 45lb 3 year old "tank"

good luck!
happymama1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
loisc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thank you ladies so much! I'm now ISO these things

sent from a phone that thinks its smarter than me
Old 01-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
McDMom
Registered Users

Tiny Tush Elites!!! They still fit my 37 lb 3 year old just fine.
McDMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #10
loisc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thank you. I'll be looking for those too!

sent from a phone that thinks its smarter than me