Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
ktktbird
Registered Users

My Mood:
False positive from waiting too long to read it??

Took a test today because my body seems different... I got a faint line and a shadow but I think I read them both after 10 minutes. Can you get a false positive from that??? I was trying to dodge my family to take the tests. Freaking out bc I have 3 under 4 and we are moving soon.

Advertisement

ktktbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
worthfaraboverubies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: False positive from waiting too long to read it??

Hi mama I was always pregnant no matter how long it sat there ..if it had the faintest line I was pregnant I have 3 beautiful children under four years old and have lost two precious babies....btw I always used the cheap dollar generals ones ............do not worry I hope that this scripture will help :

MATTHEW 6:25-34
Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

You must remember it is God who opens and closes the womb and Give Life and takes Life and His timing and spacing between children is PERFECT and you should not fret about lifes stuggles for God provides if you will seek his kingdom first what a joy it is if you all are expecting again ....the Bible says children are gifts and reward from God ..trust in Jesus he will never forsake you ! Let Jesus be your rest and peace do not stress and worry mama!!

Matthew 7:25-30
Jesus Gives True Rest

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. 26 Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. 27 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

God bless you mama do not forget who gives LIFE and opens and closes the womb... God's timing is PERFECT!
God loving family ! Helpmeet to a amazing husband and mom of 3 Gifts from God 1 ds, 2 dds, 1 dd on the way . I am one frugal busy homekeeping, homeschooling, streetpreaching, abortion ministering, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, sleep sharing, knitting, sewing pregnant mama! Hmmm did I miss anything .
worthfaraboverubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
worthfaraboverubies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will never forget the time I took a pregnancy test waited 2 mins and it showed no line and I through it away in the trash a friend of mine went in a hour later saw it in the trash and told me there was a faint line and I was just in denial and said its just a false positive because its been sitting there so long but she looked at me and said every pregnancy test I have taken no matter how long it sat if it showed positive then your pregnant and I remember laughing it off and a few days later we were in the doctors offing seeing our little bean on a ultrasound ....all of our children have always showed up as a faint late line lol and every pregnancy test was from dollar general ...the cheapest $2-$4 test lol
God loving family ! Helpmeet to a amazing husband and mom of 3 Gifts from God 1 ds, 2 dds, 1 dd on the way . I am one frugal busy homekeeping, homeschooling, streetpreaching, abortion ministering, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, sleep sharing, knitting, sewing pregnant mama! Hmmm did I miss anything .
worthfaraboverubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:46 AM   #4
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

Same here as pp have said. I've had quite a few tests show up too late by the box's specifications, but I was always pregnant each time that happened. Waiting a few days and testing again would confirm it.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

It *can* be a false positive, yes. I would see a line show up after 10-15 minutes when not pregnant.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For me if I'm not preggo there is never a line If a line ever shows even after time is up then I'm preggo.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://peeonastick.com/hpt/cautionary.html

that being said I have had some super squinters that were bfp that only got darker as the urine dried. ive never personally had a false pos test
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend

Last edited by KaleidoscopeEyes; 12-25-2011 at 05:18 PM.
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #8
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingkristin View Post
For me if I'm not preggo there is never a line If a line ever shows even after time is up then I'm preggo.
This is me too
Old 12-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #9
Superblonde Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only had a faint line with (2) ectopic pregnancies...not using cheapo tests though. Better to go see the doc. Hope this is not the case for you. Just be sure to take care of you!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
ktktbird
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks ladies! Gonna be testing again tomoro!! Everything is closed for Christmas . it's been an interesting Christmas!
ktktbird is offline   Reply With Quote