Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:
My sister got us a juicer...

but I have no idea what can be juiced in it! I wouldn't mind doing a juice fast to detox my body before starting the 30 day shred Jan 1st, but I don't know where to start. I don't have too many fresh veges - I think there are some carrots in the fridge, and I also have some grapefruits and bananas. I have some frozen veges and some fruit though! What can be juiced? Does anyone have some recipes to share? Maybe a blog/website that can help with a short juice fast?

Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

Re: My sister got us a juicer...

Carrots are great, so are green veggies (spinach, lettuce, kale, cucumbers, celery). Try for about half veggies, half tasty things like apples. Oh, if you do beets, keep it to less than 5% of your total juice, or your pee might turn red
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by Fleece Be With You; 12-26-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleece Be With You View Post
Carrots are great, so are green veggies (spinach, lettuce, kale, cucumbers, celery). Try for about half veggies, half tasty things like apples. Oh, if you do beets, keep it to less than 5% of your total juice, or your pee might turn red
Oo! So the frozen spinach I have is good to use? And can I use things like frozen broccoli, squash, zucchini, etc? And is it alright for citrus fruits like oranges? I wish it came with a recipe book or something, but it just tells me to put fruits/veges into the thingy and turn it on, but it doesn't tell me what I can put in there!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
Nijntje
Registered Users

My Mood:

You can basically put anything you want in there that doesn't have a pit or hard skins. One of my favorites is apple, passion fruit and orange juice. Another is carrot, ginger, tomato, cucumber, apple and orange.

A tip: you'll find some fruits and veggies are "juicier" than others. From the juices I listed above, it's best to put passion fruit in BEFORE the apple for example. The apple works to kind of push the rest of the passion fruit through. In the second, put the ginger, tomato and cucumber in first, then the juicier items second.

Don't be afraid to through herbs in there as well. Stuff like mint, parsley and basil can complement juices nicely and have nutritional benefits as well.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I tried juicing frozen fruits and it didn't work well. I think ideally you want to do fresh. I also tried coconut (didn't work) and avocado (also didn't work)
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

OMG I just ordered my juicer! I'm so stinking excited to go on my juice feast.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DS Forum