Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #131
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: 2,012 items in 2012

Went through the bathroom last night. Got rid of a bunch of expired medicine, and I'm going to start using up some of these trial sizes and smaller bottles so I can get them out of the house.

Also I got a hit on another craigslist post. She wants to meet up Monday after work, she sounds serious so I'm hopeful this one goes through. That would be 2 more things out of the house and it would give me my fun money for the week (it's only $15).

Today I have to go through more of my room and I need to clean the aquarium to get it listed. '

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #132
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbz2002
Went through the bathroom last night. Got rid of a bunch of expired medicine, and I'm going to start using up some of these trial sizes and smaller bottles so I can get them out of the house.

Also I got a hit on another craigslist post. She wants to meet up Monday after work, she sounds serious so I'm hopeful this one goes through. That would be 2 more things out of the house and it would give me my fun money for the week (it's only $15).

Today I have to go through more of my room and I need to clean the aquarium to get it listed. '
I was amazed when I did this as well! Most was expired and we were still taking it, scary!

Got rid of a bunch of baby stuff, for cash! And toys that we donated. I think I've reached 100.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:46 AM   #133
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
OK so here is my list updated January 3rd.

Going out today or next few days:
1. Disana wool soaker (t) (not gone yet)
2-6. 5 Tie nappies (s)
7-11. 5 cotton babies insert socks (s)
12. Econobum cover (s)
13. Kawaii cover (s)
14. Wool longies (s)
Added:
15-25. Aprox I did not count jewelry (t)
26. A jacket gift for a friend got sent out
Old 01-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #134
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by knodceo View Post
I was amazed when I did this as well! Most was expired and we were still taking it, scary!
Me too! I even had an unopened bottle of Motrin that expired a couple of years ago. Guess I just never had to use it.

I haven't gone through my baby clothes things. When do I'll go over 2000
Old 01-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #135
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezee02

I really want to purge my baby stuff but I have the same fear! I am getting mirena in the spring and my friend has offered to buy my baby stuff (swing and bouncy seat) for her moms house this summer. I figured if we have another I will pick up a travel swing and be done. I am also getting rid of my jumparoo and high chair...everything has been used through two kids. I HATE the highchair and the jumparoo is well loved and just so big...if we have another down the line I will get a space saver highchair and find a used jumparoo (or maybe the one in the doorway). I also have way too many baby clothes. I am keeping my favorites to make a quilt and then a few extras...enough for 2 weeks of clothes per size. I figured that would be enough since I can always shop sales for filler...and it is fun to buy newbie stuff.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Luckily we never used much and all I have is the pack n play and infant to toddler rocker. But I have 3 years worth of clothes. Oh man the clothes. I think I will go through them once more and keep my favorites.

I got rid of some trash and papers last night. And 1 vase we were using as a junk keeper. I ended up having to watch netflix in bed since DS was not sleeping without touching me. I really wanted to takle the china cabinet. Today I will.
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #136
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
I thought I would post this here. My friend has a preemie and has been spending a lot of time in the NICU. She said that the NICU is always short on gliders for the parents and that they could use more. Not sure if this is a problem elsewhere, but if anyone is thinking about ditching their gliders, you might check with your local NICU to see if they can use it! I'm contemplating doing it myself.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #137
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

I did it! I got rid of the junk drawer this morning. Everything went into its proper home. In order to put things in their proper home I had to clean out where I keep my tools, paint and cleaning supplies.

25 things are gone! Some to donate, trash, recycle and freecycle. Dh said he was impressed. The only thing that didn't have a home is pens because their home was the junk drawer. I took a metal spice tin I empties, hot glued a strong magnet (I already had too) to the back and put it on the fridge. Now we can find a pen when needed! My other goal today is the china cabinet and finish up laundry.
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #138
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArronDalesMama View Post
I did it! I got rid of the junk drawer this morning. Everything went into its proper home. In order to put things in their proper home I had to clean out where I keep my tools, paint and cleaning supplies.

25 things are gone! Some to donate, trash, recycle and freecycle. Dh said he was impressed. The only thing that didn't have a home is pens because their home was the junk drawer. I took a metal spice tin I empties, hot glued a strong magnet (I already had too) to the back and put it on the fridge. Now we can find a pen when needed! My other goal today is the china cabinet and finish up laundry.
That is SUCH a fabulous idea for storing pens! We can NEVER find a pen when we need one - I don't know where they disappear to!!
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #139
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Just gathered up my items for the day because we are leaving for FIL's for the rest of the afternoon/evening. Getting rid of 2 bags of fake flowers, a plastic food storage container, a baby blanket that we'll never miss, and 2 of my old shirts.

Plus, a lovely DS mama bought about 15-20 of DD's old clothes, so those will be leaving tomorrow when I mail them out.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #140
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just sold 15 BG 4.0s that have been sitting around in a box for over a year taunting me. I hated those stupid diapers! I am so happy they're gone!

Total so far: 30
Total to go: 1982

Sent from my iPhone. Autocorrect hates me.

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote