Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Belly band rant-ish

I bought one from Target - I think the brand is be belly or something like that.

It says that it can hold up pre-pregnancy pants that you're wearing unbuttoned and help hold up maternity pants that are still too big.

FAIL.

The stoopid thing slides up more than my shirts do and I'm left tugging my pants up, band back down again - repeat every 10 mins. Maybe if I was standing still (like the pleasant looking woman on the package) it would work but I'm chasing a 3 y/o.

Does anyone know of a product like this that actually works?

Advertisement

Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Belly band rant-ish

the belly band from motherhood maternity never did this to me. and i wore that thing reilgiously for like 2 years straight(pregnancy/postpartum/another prgenancy/postpartum)

they got worn and thin, and still didn't roll at the bottom. occassionally at the top near my bra they'd roll down if i was doing a lot...but thats it.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
ColaCakesInn
Registered Users

I've found that for me, they work better it I put it on before my pants and then after I pull my pants up, fold the other half over my pants. It slides less and holds my pants up better and makes it so pants are easy on/off for my 5,000 daily bathroom trips because it stays put over the top of my jeans even when I pull them off. It might be worth a try
ColaCakesInn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
ColaCakesInn
Registered Users

I've found that for me, they work better it I put it on before my pants and then after I pull my pants up, fold the other half over my pants. It slides less and holds my pants up better and makes it so pants are easy on/off for my 5,000 daily bathroom trips because it stays put over the top of my jeans even when I pull them off. I have a be band but i also have a pea in the pod one that's longer that i wear more because once you fold it over and only get half the length, the shorter brands (be and bella) don't cover my zipper. Anyway, it might be worth a try
ColaCakesInn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #5
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I got mine off eBay. I put it at the top of my pregnancy jeans and then pull my jeans on and then pull the band over the sheer tummy top. That or I put my pants on and step into the band and pull it up.
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i swear by my bellaband. it's made it through 2 pregnancies and i might be able to use it for one more before i would have to replace it.

it sounds like the size might not be right for you. too small if your constantly having to tug on it down. which is how i get when i am too huge for my bella band. (but by that point i'm into maternity pants anyways)

can you return it for a size larger?
DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #7
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm...the one I bought from target with dd3 didn't work either. Maybe I'll get sized for one at Motherhood instead, this time.
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I got the BellaBand brand one ($30?) and it worked through my 2nd trimester but then my old pants didn't fit LOL it was great!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
MyVintageBliss
Registered Users
Formerly: BlissfullyChic
seller

My Mood:

Good to know. I almost bought one from Target yesterday but wasn't sure how well it worked!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like my Target one just fine It does roll up a bit in the back, but I think that's mostly because of my well rounded ASSests

Last edited by mamaratliff; 01-09-2012 at 04:45 PM.
mamaratliff is offline   Reply With Quote