Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #101
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 27th - January 3rd

My friend, who was due with her first just a few days before me lost her baby last night. I am so so sad for her. It was going to be fun to be due at the same time. I haven't even told her I'm pregnant yet. I didn't want to steal the spotlight from her. They just announced on FB the day before(although I've known since she was 5 weeks). They had been trying for quite some time. I'm just so sad for them.

I have my consult today with the midwife. It's 2 hours long and I'm already thinking about if I can make it that long without food. Maybe I'll bring a snack.

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #102
mom2threeboys
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by regenolds View Post
My friend, who was due with her first just a few days before me lost her baby last night. I am so so sad for her. It was going to be fun to be due at the same time. I haven't even told her I'm pregnant yet. I didn't want to steal the spotlight from her. They just announced on FB the day before(although I've known since she was 5 weeks). They had been trying for quite some time. I'm just so sad for them.

I have my consult today with the midwife. It's 2 hours long and I'm already thinking about if I can make it that long without food. Maybe I'll bring a snack.
How sad for them. I am so sorry. I have been on both sides of this. Lost a pregnancy while my friend carried on, and also have carried on when a friend lost. It is hard on both sides because I know you hurt for them and it is hard to be excited about yourself to your friend.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #103
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Went and saw the OB today, she said great heartbeat, and then let us see the baby on her u/s not the best pic but still here it is! baby has grown so much! & tomorrow I go for the first trimester u/s screening so I can see a better quality of the baby!

ETA: I made an appt jan 24th at fetal focus to find out baby's sex! Only $40 so totally worth it so I can stop obsessing about wanting to know lol. I'll be 16 weeks then. Hopefully baby can be in a good position if not they give you a coupon to come back for free.
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

Last edited by SkyeBattest; 01-03-2012 at 02:03 PM.
SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #104
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is such an adorable picture!

I go in tomorrow for my 12 week check up, and I am hoping I get to hear the heartbeats and see them too!

Yay for a great visit for you!

I have been sicker today than any other day so far. I can not keep anything down, not even ginger ale. It has been pretty miserable. If I'm not in the restroom throwing up, it's for a (tmi) BM. Wtheck is going on with all of these gross bodily functions! I don't even want to step on the scale.

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #105
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by graces-mommie View Post

I go in tomorrow for my 12 week check up, and I am hoping I get to hear the heartbeats and see them too!

Thank you let us know how your check up goes!!
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #106
mom2threeboys
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeBattest View Post
Went and saw the OB today, she said great heartbeat, and then let us see the baby on her u/s not the best pic but still here it is! baby has grown so much! & tomorrow I go for the first trimester u/s screening so I can see a better quality of the baby!

ETA: I made an appt jan 24th at fetal focus to find out baby's sex! Only $40 so totally worth it so I can stop obsessing about wanting to know lol. I'll be 16 weeks then. Hopefully baby can be in a good position if not they give you a coupon to come back for free.
Aww so sweet!! I can't wait to see my baby in a few weeks - a month!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #107
mom2threeboys
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by graces-mommie View Post

I have been sicker today than any other day so far. I can not keep anything down, not even ginger ale. It has been pretty miserable. If I'm not in the restroom throwing up, it's for a (tmi) BM. Wtheck is going on with all of these gross bodily functions! I don't even want to step on the scale.
I hope you feel better!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #108
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My u/s appointment is on Jan 26th and I'll be 16 weeks I think? I'm going to ask the tech to guess if they can see at all and then we'll see at my 20 week for sure.
Feeling a lot of movement the last few days. Finally starting to get excited.

Sent from my iPhone. Autocorrect hates me.

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #109
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Diane..I pray you start to feel better.

Our next appt is Thursday. Blood tests and nutrition talk...

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #110
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Yay!!! I got to hear the baby's heartbeat today!!!! My midwife took forever to find it because, apparently, I have a really long torso, so she was looking too high at first, AND the baby was moving so much he or she wouldn't stay still for the doppler! The midwife kept searching around and said she could hear a whole lot of baby movement; uh oh, looks like I might have another constantly on-the-move child! Anyway, she eventually found the heartbeat, and it was loud and strong. 170 beats per minute.

Everything else at the appointment went well, and I'll go back in a month at 16 weeks. I scheduled our gender-check ultrasound for the end of February. Exciting!

I feel like I've finally kicked this stomach flu thing. I'm eating almost normal foods today, and my energy is back. I just cleaned some of our icky, dirty house, and that felt good!