Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #111
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 27th - January 3rd

yay! what a great post! Made me smile! Congrats! and yippee! LOL at another wild, active baby!

Advertisement

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #112
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Why don't I want to eat this delicious dinner I am making??? I'm making a thai chicken curry with jasmine rice but I just want Chinese lo mein from the restaurant !! I'm about to puke over the smell and thought of chicken

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #113
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
Yay!!! I got to hear the baby's heartbeat today!!!! My midwife took forever to find it because, apparently, I have a really long torso, so she was looking too high at first, AND the baby was moving so much he or she wouldn't stay still for the doppler! The midwife kept searching around and said she could hear a whole lot of baby movement; uh oh, looks like I might have another constantly on-the-move child! Anyway, she eventually found the heartbeat, and it was loud and strong. 170 beats per minute.

Everything else at the appointment went well, and I'll go back in a month at 16 weeks. I scheduled our gender-check ultrasound for the end of February. Exciting!

I feel like I've finally kicked this stomach flu thing. I'm eating almost normal foods today, and my energy is back. I just cleaned some of our icky, dirty house, and that felt good!

Yay! thats great

I really hope at my appt I made for 16 weeks at a place that does gender checks for $40 can find out then! I don't wanna have to wait long! & the end of feb seems like forever away!
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #114
philenabean
Registered Users

Quote:
I made an appt jan 24th at fetal focus to find out baby's sex! Only $40 so totally worth it so I can stop obsessing about wanting to know lol. I'll be 16 weeks then.
That is really cheap! I've never heard of Fetal Focus. I went to Becoming Mom for the 4-d at 30 weeks with my second, at it was so expensive. I may have to look into that.

Quote:
Anyway, she eventually found the heartbeat, and it was loud and strong. 170 beats per minute.
170 is a loud and strong heartbeat! Congrats! Also, glad you are feeling better. Nothing like being pregnant and sick...
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #115
philenabean
Registered Users

Quote:
Why don't I want to eat this delicious dinner I am making??? I'm making a thai chicken curry with jasmine rice but I just want Chinese lo mein from the restaurant !! I'm about to puke over the smell and thought of chicken
That sucks! And I feel the same way about chicken right now, Amanda! Bleh!!
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #116
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yay for DH getting you your craving though!

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #117
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenfried2 View Post
I had chinese food yesterday! Mmmmm it was delicious
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #118
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dh is freaking amazing! God surely blessed me when he put us together!

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #119
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow. Seems like there is a lot of happiness goin' on in this group today!! Lots of good news(heartbeats and ultrasounds) but sorry about your friend Sarah. That is just so hard. Especially since they announced already

AFM,
Waiting to get my insurance card so i can make an appt to the doctor. I haven't been in 5 weeks!! Ugh! So hopefully that'll come soon with the list of doctors I can use...then I can go to the chiro and see a new doc.

I weighed myself today expecting to see a big gain since the holiday food has been baaaad. But I lost 5lbs!! I'm a fluffy mama, so its not a huge deal. But I've been eating like crazy lately since MS is gone. So thats good, I guess? So of course I freaked and busted out the doppler. I try to use it sparingly. And I swear...i heard two heart beats. In one spot, it was almost like a double thumb, to the left just so slightly was 154bpm, to the right just so slightly was a steady 161. and in the middle it sounded like two.

Could be the placenta, could be the doppler. Could be twins!! I had an utlrasound at like 7wk5d, and they only saw one. But if you remember, that was a joke. The nurse had no idea what she was doing and said "oh yeah, its down there! i was looking in the wrong spot" and baby was so tiny. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a second hiding!! we'd love for two.

Diane,
what have hte heartbeats sounded like to you? I youtubed it for a bit, but most moms were further along and heartbeats were on opposite sides of the belly.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #120
mom2threeboys
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
i looked,it was back in june, maybe had a bad week? hopefully turns out fine.
I got it today . It was shipped in a thin pastry box with no padding at all and the box was all smashed. I was annoyed with that BUT it works! I got to hear my baby. HB was around 177 most of the time. It is for sure in used shape.
Not sure I can resale it..Def. not for $30. I may just end up gifting it to a preggo friend later.