Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #41
SkyeBattest's Avatar
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 508
Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 27th - January 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
Ugh. Pregnancy hormones are in full gear. I just can not stand my hubby right now! I usually overreact thanks to the hormones, and this is probably not any different. Its just one of those times were i feel like hes being selfish and completely ignoring me. He hasn't once talked to me about the new baby. Never ask how I'm feeling, plans for the future, can i feel the baby...nothing. All he talks about is his work...which has been crazy difficult lately. but he's just consumed with it! Never time or thought for anthing else. Ok...rant over. Carry on...


But on another bad note. If you ladies could pray for my mom. Two weeks ago she had lots of medical work done, finding out that she has has cancer growing on her face for over two years(the doctor has ignored her up until now about it) so she just had it completely removed from her check. She now has a huge wound from the corner of her eye down to her jaw, then another line from that to almost her nose. its big, nasty and ugly and they said it'll be swollen and ugly for months. But then the scar itself will be so noticeable. Shes so upset. And on top of that, she found out she has to have her gallbladder out THIS friday. so two surgeries in one week. The cancer is gone as far sa they know, its the kind that they can remove and it doesn't spread inside her body. Thank God!! But shes just feelin down about herself, and anxious about everything happening. So any prayers for her please...I've been trying to be with her constantly to help her.

Actually yesterday she asked me to meet her at Walmart because hse needed help buying foundation makeup. Shes never bought any, and I had to teach her how to choose! She doesnt wear makeup, so she must be really insecure about her big wound to want to buy makeup We joked about how up until the last 10 years, her whole life she used red lipstick as blush...and I mentioned all the junk in lipsticks(lead, especially) and she almost cried when she said "wow, so you think I may have given myself this cancer after all?" and i tried to point out...cancer doesn't just magically appear but is possibly from something toxic. Its like a light clicked that how we treat our bodies, causes reactions...good and bad.

Whew. Sorry thats so long. Hubbys been all about him, so I've been keepin everything in!
Ill be praying for your mom. cancer sucks no matter what kind it is! I lost my mom when I was 16 to brain cancer and my uncle died this past year from cancer & my grandma survived breast cancer.

& Im sorry to hear about your hubby, I think you should try expressing how you feel to him maybe he just doesn't realize, men are so silly

Advertisement

__________________
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #42
mabelinoad's Avatar
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 5,890
My Mood:
Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 27th - January 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenfried2 View Post
Men never get it because it isn't happening to them physically. If we don't make it a point to express our concerns they won't do anything about it because they aren't wired that way. Dh and I just had a talk about this as well. They aren't intuitive like we are and canNOT do or think about more than one thing at a time. We are just that different! Crazy. Beth, will pray for your mom. I also sell mary kay so if she would like something she may see online at the website, I can sell it to her for a steep discount.
That is so sweet of you. We'll see if she can figure out how to put on her foundation and go from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeBattest View Post
Ill be praying for your mom. cancer sucks no matter what kind it is! I lost my mom when I was 16 to brain cancer and my uncle died this past year from cancer & my grandma survived breast cancer.
you're so right. Especially to my stepdad, whos first wife died from brain cancer. So when he heard the C word...they both got crazy anxious!
__________________
mabelinoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #43
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Okinawa Japan
Posts: 1,308
My Mood:
Beth sorry mama I hope things turn around for you guys. I will be praying for you/ hubs/mom.

AFM I called my DHyesterday to see when he would be coming home from work so I could cook dinner on time and he tells me he has duty ( meaning he won't be coming home till the next day after work) and he forgot to tell me when he found out last week! WHAT!? Normally I don't care but he is going to deploy in a few weeks and with his job we don't see him before he deploys. He will be flying to mainland Japan next week for work, then when he gets back its crunch time for work and he wont be home much.

I am usually fine with this deployment thing (sometimes I look forward to it) but right now I "need" him. My kids have been driving me bonkers. My oldest is having issues right now, he has been mean, rude, hateful and just flat out "bad" at home and school. He has been saying bad words to his brother and sister, playmates and teachers (we don't say the kinds of words he has been saying). I don't k ow what todo about it. I tried to take hi to get "help" but since I am not his bio mom DH has to take him and he just can't right now. I think it has something to do with his bio mom not ever calling him (she didn't even call for Christmas or his b day). I just don't know what to do anymore, I don't know how to deal with an angry child! I have been praying and let me tell you if I prayed any harder the church would kick me out for taking up all the prayer time. Lol.

Sorry for the rant but DH not coming home last night just sent me into panic mode for the first time ever. How am I going to do this without him!?
__________________
Melissa my newbie Paxton Richard. Marine wife to John SAHM to 4 little turkeys
Mamata3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #44
rosenfried2's Avatar
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Posts: 2,533
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamata3
Beth sorry mama I hope things turn around for you guys. I will be praying for you/ hubs/mom.

AFM I called my DHyesterday to see when he would be coming home from work so I could cook dinner on time and he tells me he has duty ( meaning he won't be coming home till the next day after work) and he forgot to tell me when he found out last week! WHAT!? Normally I don't care but he is going to deploy in a few weeks and with his job we don't see him before he deploys. He will be flying to mainland Japan next week for work, then when he gets back its crunch time for work and he wont be home much.

I am usually fine with this deployment thing (sometimes I look forward to it) but right now I "need" him. My kids have been driving me bonkers. My oldest is having issues right now, he has been mean, rude, hateful and just flat out "bad" at home and school. He has been saying bad words to his brother and sister, playmates and teachers (we don't say the kinds of words he has been saying). I don't k ow what todo about it. I tried to take hi to get "help" but since I am not his bio mom DH has to take him and he just can't right now. I think it has something to do with his bio mom not ever calling him (she didn't even call for Christmas or his b day). I just don't know what to do anymore, I don't know how to deal with an angry child! I have been praying and let me tell you if I prayed any harder the church would kick me out for taking up all the prayer time. Lol.

Sorry for the rant but DH not coming home last night just sent me into panic mode for the first time ever. How am I going to do this without him!?
Melissa! This has to be so hard! He won't talk to you even if you two are alone?? Ask him his thoughts and feelings on certain issues that are seemingly unimportant and then build up to more important topics .. we had to do this as teachers.
__________________
My name is Amanda, happily married to Ernesto I'm a former HS teacher turned SAHM to Jake 6.7.10 and Norah 7.23.12

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #45
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 486
Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 27th - January 3rd

Beth - hope your mom makes a quick recovery. Increased protein in the diet helps immensely with wound healing (a derm I rotated with routinely puts her skin cancer patients on this diet for healing after surgeries). One of the nurses I worked with also found that making a mix of vitamin E oil (like from those gel caps or a Vit E cream) and liquid concentrated Vit D drops (2000 units per drop) also helped with her husband's wound healing. Massaging the skin helps minimize thick scar formation if she's prone to them (kind of like what preggo ladies do to try to minimize stretch marks!)

My DH had to get clear reasons why I wouldn't want to have his friends over for gaming on the night we were getting our 1st beta results from IVF. I first told him no because it was the day we get the first blood results back and he still didn't understand why I didn't want people over. So then I explicitly said, "because if it's bad news, I don't want to be entertaining people, especially since I am the one who watches the 2 little girls so he and his friends can play their game." I honestly still don't think he got it even after I pointed that out to him. Then I added that it would be the last night my parents are in town and I'd rather spend the time with them than babysitting. And THAT, is what seemed to make more sense to him.

In other news, finally got a cold from seeing all those patients with colds. DH somehow thinks he gave it to me but I pointed out to him that he hasn't been sick at all. Got good news from my prelim results from the sequential screening: 1/4700 risk for T21 and 1/10,000 risk for T18 so I celebrated and bought the supplies to make the fabric stair "gate" for the downstairs level as well as supplies to make my own cloth diaper wipes! I looked at the WAHM ones on etsy and googled instructions and since all it takes is the ability to sew straight (for the one I found), decided to give it a try. Figure they can work for other things if they suck as baby wipes. Went with flannel/terry combo. Wanted to smack this mom for encouraging her daughter to repetitively play with those clapper toys over and over and over again. But then again I had a sinus headache so maybe that was lowering my threshold of irritability. I will kill anyone who buys my child that toy.

Oh and thanks for the bella band link! Went ahead and got 2. Of course the colors I wanted were either out of stock or not at the lowest sale price but still better than paying full price! Now I just hope I got the right size!
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #46
mom2threeboys's Avatar
mom2threeboys
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 188
Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 27th - January 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
Ugh. Pregnancy hormones are in full gear. I just can not stand my hubby right now! I usually overreact thanks to the hormones, and this is probably not any different. Its just one of those times were i feel like hes being selfish and completely ignoring me. He hasn't once talked to me about the new baby. Never ask how I'm feeling, plans for the future, can i feel the baby...nothing. All he talks about is his work...which has been crazy difficult lately. but he's just consumed with it! Never time or thought for anthing else. Ok...rant over. Carry on...


But on another bad note. If you ladies could pray for my mom. Two weeks ago she had lots of medical work done, finding out that she has has cancer growing on her face for over two years(the doctor has ignored her up until now about it) so she just had it completely removed from her check. She now has a huge wound from the corner of her eye down to her jaw, then another line from that to almost her nose. its big, nasty and ugly and they said it'll be swollen and ugly for months. But then the scar itself will be so noticeable. Shes so upset. And on top of that, she found out she has to have her gallbladder out THIS friday. so two surgeries in one week. The cancer is gone as far sa they know, its the kind that they can remove and it doesn't spread inside her body. Thank God!! But shes just feelin down about herself, and anxious about everything happening. So any prayers for her please...I've been trying to be with her constantly to help her.

Actually yesterday she asked me to meet her at Walmart because hse needed help buying foundation makeup. Shes never bought any, and I had to teach her how to choose! She doesnt wear makeup, so she must be really insecure about her big wound to want to buy makeup We joked about how up until the last 10 years, her whole life she used red lipstick as blush...and I mentioned all the junk in lipsticks(lead, especially) and she almost cried when she said "wow, so you think I may have given myself this cancer after all?" and i tried to point out...cancer doesn't just magically appear but is possibly from something toxic. Its like a light clicked that how we treat our bodies, causes reactions...good and bad.

Whew. Sorry thats so long. Hubbys been all about him, so I've been keepin everything in!


I'm sorry about your hubby and will be praying for your mom. That must be hard.
__________________
Elisha
Wife to DH S , mama to DS1 D 13yr , DS2 B 8yr , DS3 A 3 yr and DS4 L born 7/14/12
mom2threeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #47
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Okinawa Japan
Posts: 1,308
My Mood:
Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 27th - January 3rd

BYW is it possible to feel baby at 10weeks3 days?
__________________
Melissa my newbie Paxton Richard. Marine wife to John SAHM to 4 little turkeys
Mamata3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #48
msmamabear's Avatar
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 11,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamata3
BYW is it possible to feel baby at 10weeks3 days?
I think so. I have been feeling little flutters randomly for a couple weeks. I think I just know what it feels like so I am aware of it sooner.
__________________
Melissa<- Mama to my 4 gifts from God-Mr. Z (10), Miss K (7), Miss A (5) and Miss R (2)
Knitting Patterns For Sale and Free Download
I sell Jamberry!!!! Order yours today http://www.melisimpson.jamberrynails.net
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #49
regenolds's Avatar
regenolds
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 616
My Mood:
Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 27th - January 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamata3 View Post
BYW is it possible to feel baby at 10weeks3 days?
I too have been feeling little flutters. I'm not totally convinced but I think its the baby!

I got to hear my baby's heartbeat this morning!! it made me so happy. My SIL is renting a dopler and she brought it over to me. I'm 10 weeks 5 days and it was a nice strong heartbeat. We didn't count but definitely way faster than mine. That sure puts my mind at ease and makes this real.
__________________
Sarah, Homeschooling mom to Hunter 2/03, Jordan 9/04, Nora 10/06, Anna 7/08, Andrew 6/3/10, Charlotte 7/20/12, and someone new 8/2/14
regenolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #50
just1more's Avatar
just1more
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,782
My Mood:
Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 27th - January 3rd

So last week I had all my blood work done and a pap. They called today to tell me I have a high grade lesion on my cervix. I had a low grade one at my 6wk pp pap last year. Anyone here have any info on this. I have to wait for the specialist to call and make an apt. to go in and have them look at me. Everything I read sounds sad as far as me making it to term.
__________________
Mum to a tribe, mourning the loss of my sweet Georgia Rose 12/13. Praying for a rainbow to appear.
just1more is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.