Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Beccadssmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
IF you are CDing at the hospital

what are you bringing? and how much?

Advertisement

Beccadssmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: IF you are CDing at the hospital

Well, I bought 3 Kissaluvs AIO NB, but realized the stud/scratchy part of the snap when folded down for the umbilical stump will scratch baby's tummy. Now not sure what.. if I should return them, if I should just hope baby isn't bothered by that (I'm shocked they have such good reviews!). I didn't want to get Lil Joey's because large babies run in my family (all my moms and her siblings were 8+ lbs and DH was 8+lbs, and DS1 was 9lb 13oz).

I want to use cloth, but I'm concerned with meconium. And I know hospital will provide disposables, so it isn't like I have to buy disposables... But we used cloth with meconium AND a circ last time, we just cut up old Tshirts and used those as liners. So I think we might do that again, but I'm not sure if it is worth it to make all the trouble to bring it to the hospital. But part of me just really wants to show off my cloth!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm thinking of bringing our prefolds. They stand up to heavy washings if the tar poop is tough to get off, and if they get ruined, I won't be all heartbroken. I'll bring some cute covers as I'm sure many of the nurses will have never seen cloth diapers before.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just prefolds and covers The meconium comes off the natural fibers just fine, dont know about fleece or microfiber issues. I will pick out my cutest covers too, its true most nurses have not seen many cloth diapers and it is so much fun to show them off.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
Beccadssmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

anyone know exactly how much you are bringing? like a couple covers...how many prefolds...

Old 12-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did cloth real early this time and threw the meconium diapers in just like I would typical BF poop diapers with everything else and I have no idea which diapers they were. Just thinking of it now (she's four months) and realized that it washed off without a trace! Prefolds and also BG AIOs. Just for those not sure about meconium, my experience was positive
Old 12-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
crunch!910
Registered Users

Well, if you have AIO's, you should have at least 7/day. So if you stay for 2-3 days, you'd want to bring 14-21 AIO diapers.

OR If you are taking prefolds/covers, you should have at least 7 prefolds/day and several covers (I say several because you often can reuse the cover a couple times or more before having to throw it in the wetbag with the prefold). So if you stay for 2-3 days, you'd want 14-21 prefolds, and 10+ covers. And a very large wet bag!

Uh oh, just typing that out convinced me I do NOT want to haul that many dipes to the hospital. Especially because the bag of stinky, used diapers would sit for those 2-3 days and then have to be in the car during the 1+ hr drive home. Maybe if the hospital was only 10 minutes away like it was with DS1 and DH could run back and forth to start laundry and not having a large wet bag of dirty diapers sit for 2-3 days....
Old 12-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
Beccadssmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Well, if you have AIO's, you should have at least 7/day. So if you stay for 2-3 days, you'd want to bring 14-21 AIO diapers.

OR If you are taking prefolds/covers, you should have at least 7 prefolds/day and several covers (I say several because you often can reuse the cover a couple times or more before having to throw it in the wetbag with the prefold). So if you stay for 2-3 days, you'd want 14-21 prefolds, and 10+ covers. And a very large wet bag!

Uh oh, just typing that out convinced me I do NOT want to haul that many dipes to the hospital. Especially because the bag of stinky, used diapers would sit for those 2-3 days and then have to be in the car during the 1+ hr drive home. Maybe if the hospital was only 10 minutes away like it was with DS1 and DH could run back and forth to start laundry and not having a large wet bag of dirty diapers sit for 2-3 days....

That is exactly what I'm thinking! We live only a few blocks from the hospital so DH can run diapers and things home before we come home. W/ DS we were there Thursday through Saturday afternoon. I think I'd like to try to get home sooner this time, though...

Old 12-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #9
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We didn't CD in hospital with DD, but we did with DS.

1 dozen preemie prefolds
6 newborn AIOs
6 newborn fitteds
5 covers

That got us through the 2 days we were there with no problems As far as the mec - we just washed like EBF poop - no rinsing. Came clean and didn't even stain!
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #10
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

With my 19 mo old, I took a few prefolds (like 3) and a snappy and a wool wrap. We left the same day. If we had needed to stay, I would have had someone bring me more (but I would have had them bring me flats or washcloths bc he was so teeny and I only had a few nb pfs)

so this time, I will bring thin flats and a wool soaker and a wool velcro wrap and a snappy.

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 12-29-2011 at 03:41 PM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote