Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I brought grovia aios & xs bg. Meconium doesnt staun its an urban legend. Bf poo does.

I went threw 9 in 24 hrs.

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
The Green Avacado
Registered Users
Formerly:MindingOurOwnBeeswax
seller

My Mood:
I plan on bringing my grovia nb aio and a few preemie/nb prefolds, xs covers, and a wild mountain mommies nb fitted! I am sure I will have to add some more but we will see what we pick up in the next six weeks

WAHM behind The Green Avacado Custom Printed Shirts from Newborn - 5XL
Find My Custom Printed Shirts: DS Thread Or Etsy or Facebook
Save 10% on Etsy with coupon code: DSMAMA10
The Green Avacado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #13
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: IF you are CDing at the hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Well, if you have AIO's, you should have at least 7/day. So if you stay for 2-3 days, you'd want to bring 14-21 AIO diapers.

OR If you are taking prefolds/covers, you should have at least 7 prefolds/day and several covers (I say several because you often can reuse the cover a couple times or more before having to throw it in the wetbag with the prefold). So if you stay for 2-3 days, you'd want 14-21 prefolds, and 10+ covers. And a very large wet bag!

Uh oh, just typing that out convinced me I do NOT want to haul that many dipes to the hospital. Especially because the bag of stinky, used diapers would sit for those 2-3 days and then have to be in the car during the 1+ hr drive home. Maybe if the hospital was only 10 minutes away like it was with DS1 and DH could run back and forth to start laundry and not having a large wet bag of dirty diapers sit for 2-3 days....
I am only on my first child so maybe someone with more experience can verify this but both my pediatric nurses and my birthing class instructor have said typical babies only have a stomach the size of a small marble their first day. This doubles the second day, then doubles again. by the end of the week, their stomach will equal about the size of their fist. This is to allow time for mother and baby to sync up with breastfeeding. So while I'm sure there are 1-2 meconium diapers a day, I've been told only to expect one wet one the first day, two the next, and so on. So I doubt you would need 7 per day. Maybe 7 total for a two night stay.

I haven't decided whether I am bringing CDs to the hospital or not. I don;t anticipate a problematic birth but if it is, and I end up staying longer than a couple days, I don;t want to have to send hubby or someone to fetch more CDs from home. We live all the way out at the edge of town.
Cleokatrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #14
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Usually I've heard that the stomach is the size of a pea to a chickpea to start with! ANd they only need small amounts of colostrum so it all works well. Those numbers for wet diapers and dirty diapers are minimums (there is something of concern if you aren't seeing that minimum) but you're right the first day you're unlikely to have 7 diapers in need of changing because of being wet enough or dirty. Though I wouldn't recommend leaving them in a damp diaper for a long period of time as their skin is so new I wouldn't want to risk anything irritating. Once they're up to 'full speed' then you're definitely going to need a good 10 diapers or more a day for the newborn period
Old 01-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #15
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Both my babies were big poopers and went through 6+ diapers the first day. I'd bring at least a dozen! I had 2 c-sections, and ended up sending DH home to do diaper laundry both times because I was stuck in the hospital for days. We did mostly AIOs.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #16
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So lots of poop and only a little wet, huh? I might go green disposables at the hospital then, or just use whatever diapers i get at my shower.
Cleokatrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #17
AmandaR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I packed 3 GroVia NB AIOS, 3 covers, 1 NB fitted, and 6 prefolds. I'm going to have someone bring me more and take home the dirty ones each day if needed. I'm not optimistic we're escaping another NICU baby so we may not use any cloth in the hospital until the GroVia airplane homecoming NB AIO.
Find Me On Facebook and Twitter
AmandaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #18
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleokatrah
So lots of poop and only a little wet, huh? I might go green disposables at the hospital then, or just use whatever diapers i get at my shower.
They really dont pee much until your milk comes in.