Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #11
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I fail my one hour so much they do t even give it to me. They make me go right onto the 3 hour and early in my pregnancy too. This pregnancy I will NOT be doing any of the test. I do not have diabetes and I don't feel like putting that crap In my body now that I know they can't "make" Me do it.

Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Glucose test flunkies

With DD, I failed the one hour with a 146(cutoff was 140) and passed the 3hr with a 120. I fasted for 12hrs.
With DS, I passed the one hour with a 128. I did not fast, except for two hours before and was told to eat a protein meal 30 minutes before drinking the glucola.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #13
Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've never failed the one hour. But, I had gestational diabetes.

I know the testing sucks but it is a very dangerous disease that is preventable with early detection.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've failed the one hour with both of my kids but passed the three hour one just fine

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #15
Nikki*lala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I failed the one hour with this pregnancy #4 (didnt with the others) my # on one hour was 136, 3 days later I did the three and passed. I was eating chritmas cookies and junk before the one hour Dr said it wouldnet matter but I think it did. So the 2 days before the three hr I was good drank alot of water and ate lower carb, low sugar.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #16
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just barely passed with my first baby, so they had me do the 1 hour again. That one I failed by one point. I did the 3 hour and passed all but the 2 hour draw - it was 2 points over. I was considered a glucose intolerant.

Baby #2, I passed
Baby #3 (still pregnant) I failed the 1 hour with a 208!!! This was a 12 weeks along. I went to go do the 3 hour but failed the fasting by one point so they didn't have me do the rest (drink the glucose). They just diagnosed me with GD from that.

I accepted that, but now I'm wondering if I really have it. I think my first test was off because of severe morning sickness. I was hardly eating or keeping liquids down. I had just gone in a few weeks before for IV fluids. I think the test was skewed from what is called "starvation diabetes" All my at home numbers have been good, so I'm going to talk to my OB about it at my next appointment.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #17
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just got the results from my 1 hour today, and it was 140 so the doctor asked me to go in for the 3 hour test. I am so exhausted right now that I am using tomrrow as my stay home and veg / nap day and then will go back on Friday for the test.

I am glad to read that most people that fail the 1 hour pass the 3 hour. I requested the test as both my mom and Grandma were diagnosed with diabetes later in life. It's got me worried, but now that I know we are having twins, that ups my chance of getting it, and I just want to make sure these babies are taken care of! Hopefully I get a PASS on Friday!

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #18
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I thought this site had good info on it
http://www.natural-pregnancy-mentor....cose-test.html
Old 01-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #19
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasures From Elf View Post
I've never failed the one hour. But, I had gestational diabetes.

I know the testing sucks but it is a very dangerous disease that is preventable with early detection.
If you've never failed the one hour test, but still had it, how would you recommend that other moms get tested for it? I wish that there were better protocols for testing sugar levels (one sugary beverage maybe after fasting, maybe not doesn't seem to be too reliable), and better advice for avoiding it and managing it.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #20
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that's interesting- why did they test you so early in pregnancy to begin with? I definitely wouldn't want to be drinking that crap with severe MS! If your sugar levels have been good at home it seems reasonable that you don't really have GDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me View Post
I just barely passed with my first baby, so they had me do the 1 hour again. That one I failed by one point. I did the 3 hour and passed all but the 2 hour draw - it was 2 points over. I was considered a glucose intolerant.

Baby #2, I passed
Baby #3 (still pregnant) I failed the 1 hour with a 208!!! This was a 12 weeks along. I went to go do the 3 hour but failed the fasting by one point so they didn't have me do the rest (drink the glucose). They just diagnosed me with GD from that.

I accepted that, but now I'm wondering if I really have it. I think my first test was off because of severe morning sickness. I was hardly eating or keeping liquids down. I had just gone in a few weeks before for IV fluids. I think the test was skewed from what is called "starvation diabetes" All my at home numbers have been good, so I'm going to talk to my OB about it at my next appointment.