Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #31
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Just wanted to bump this. I talked to my midwife about them at my last appointment and she was under the impression you need a special tool to cut the ring/ use them. Is this true? What's your experience? I'd like to use these over a clamp.

Advertisement

Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #32
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Umbilical Cord Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara'sMommy View Post
Just wanted to bump this. I talked to my midwife about them at my last appointment and she was under the impression you need a special tool to cut the ring/ use them. Is this true? What's your experience? I'd like to use these over a clamp.
If you watch the videos you'll see they simple break the ring inbetween their fingers and the band comes off. No tools needed.

There's another band that requires a hemostat, maybe that's what she's thinking of?

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #33
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Ok yeah, I just re-read the original post and she said in there "no tools required". Well I'm gonna get a few and bring them in. I hope she doesn't get uptight, like I'm trying to prove I know more or something. I'd just rather use this.
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #34
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Umbilical Cord Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara'sMommy View Post
Ok yeah, I just re-read the original post and she said in there "no tools required". Well I'm gonna get a few and bring them in. I hope she doesn't get uptight, like I'm trying to prove I know more or something. I'd just rather use this.
If you're worried about upsetting her, you could always validate what she said before you show her the rings. "I did some more research and you are right, there are some cord rings that require a hemostat, but these ones you only need your hand." Win win. She still gets be be right, but you get to teach her something new.

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote