Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #11
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me prepare for a possible emergency c-section!

I wonder if insurances will pay for the c-section belt.. Im about to go google them now.. i so totally want one this time around.. I have a 2yo to take care of the min i get home On top of a newborn i plan to nurse.. I so want this! if not thanks for the tip on the swim suit.. i didnt thinkof that!!!

jessica

Advertisement

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah52 View Post
No advice on the c-section but I wanted to encourage you that all 5 of my babies have had a nuchal cord x2 and we never knew until they were born, no abnormal decels at all.
yep both of mine had a nuchal wrap x2 and they were delivered vaginally. DS even had his hand wrapped in his cord up by his face
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #13
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Ask if they can bind your belly after surgery. In my hospital for my second two sections, they wrap me with an abdominal binder while in the OR. They didn't do that with my first and it really helped.

Ask ahead of time if 1) they put duromorph in the spinal after the section and 2) what they do to control the itchies afterwards and 3) if you can skip benadryl and go to something more effective. Duromorph in the spinal helps control pain afterwards. Well worth it for that reason but it made me itch like crazy. This deep itching that seemed to almost go down to my bones. They gave me tons of benadryl but I read recently that it has little effect on duramorph itchies because it's nerve related rather than histamine related.

Good luck! I hope you need none of this advice!

TO OP.. sorry to hack your thread.. people are bringing stuff up that I didnt even know.. or think to ask!When u get knocked out do you have less of a chance of the itches bc of the duromoph? I ask because I was knocked out with my first CS and im going in for a planned one this time (trying to be as ready as possible as most of you know hehe) also do you have less of a chance of being sick if your knocked out.. IM NOT PLANNING ON BEING KNOCKED OUT .. but im asking bc last time i was and i didnt have any of those symptoms afterwards.. i should prepare for them this time.. i totally dont want to be sick or have itches.. i was thinking of asking for an anti nausea drug right away.. and ill write the itch control question down too...

Jessica

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmeow View Post
TO OP.. sorry to hack your thread.. people are bringing stuff up that I didnt even know.. or think to ask!When u get knocked out do you have less of a chance of the itches bc of the duromoph? I ask because I was knocked out with my first CS and im going in for a planned one this time (trying to be as ready as possible as most of you know hehe) also do you have less of a chance of being sick if your knocked out.. IM NOT PLANNING ON BEING KNOCKED OUT .. but im asking bc last time i was and i didnt have any of those symptoms afterwards.. i should prepare for them this time.. i totally dont want to be sick or have itches.. i was thinking of asking for an anti nausea drug right away.. and ill write the itch control question down too...

Jessica
If you got sick last time, tell the doctor and they can put something to help in the IV. Or, use a different medication.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #15
Mystery
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmeow

Jessica
I was knocked out for my first and didn't have any of the weird side effects. I just woke up with a morphine pump. I think spinal anesthesia results in some odd things. Well worth it to be awake though!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #16
TexasRachel
Registered Users
seller
seller

Some people are allergic to morphine and get the itchies with it. My dh does. I don't. I'm not sure there's anyway of finding out before hand.

I've had a binder with my last two csections. They are a life saver. Find out if the hospital and insurance will provide one and if not get one on your own. It's worth it!

Mom to DD(16), DS(7), DS(4), DS(2), and one waiting in heaven for us.
TexasRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #17
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to comment that a nuchal cord is probably not going to be a serious problem- studies show that around 30% of babies have the cords wrapped around their necks, and that there aren't better outcomes for babies to be born by c-section or vaginal birth with a pre-diagnosed nuchal cord. I'll find a blog post about it that was really interesting to me...

http://midwifethinking.com/2010/07/29/nuchal-cords/

picture of a baby being born with a cord wrapped 4 times around the neck!
http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011.../#comment-4368
You've gotten lots of other good advice about c-sections, but I just wanted to assure you that the cord will probably not be a problem. Unfortunately, there is now a "problem" in the eyes of the doctor, and that can be much more predictive of a surgical birth.

Last edited by songbird516; 01-05-2012 at 08:36 PM.
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #18
becky1231
Registered Users

They will shave your nether regions before doing an emergency c section so don't be alarmed when they come at you with the razor lol. Make sure you stay on top of your pain meds ( you might feel more pain if you have been laboring for a while and then go for a section) try and get up and move around as soon as possible after the c section. Gas lots of gas after a section as well. Make sure you eat a lot of fiber rich foods afterwards to get things moving again. Once you get home if people offer to help you out take the help.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #19
momofdestructobaby
Registered Users
seller

2 cord wraps here, decel during the final minutes of labour (mind you labour was SUPER quick-5cm to 10 cm in less than 5 min) and she was born naturally, totally healthy. Thank goodness.
momofdestructobaby is offline   Reply With Quote