Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our almost UBAC 5 hr HBAC of Omri!

7lbs 4 oz. 21 inches long. Born crying and then the calmest baby ever!

A bit long sorry LOL

Back Story : 7 years ago I had a c-section and delivered triplets. I had no idea that there was any other option. No idea about birth in general. When I learned that there were more options I longed to experience a different kind of birth.

Fast forward 7 years: I got married to my husband 11/11/10 in a nice little ceremony and had no idea that a month later I would find out that I was pregnant with our first child together. I knew right away that I wanted to have an all natural home birth, a HBAC.
We started with an OB and by 6 months I was actively searching for a midwife that we could afford and that would mesh with us as a family. I finally found one at around 34 weeks.

Birth Story : on 9/04/11 just shy of 38 weeks I tried inducing with castor oil. Took 1/2 tbs started contracting every 2-4 minutes and thought I was in labor. The midwife came over, we set everything up and then all the surges stopped. I was disappointed but just figured castor oil doesnt work for me.

Labor begins
On the evening of 9/8/11 I was having terrible sciatic pain as usual. The pain had me in tears. I decided that night it was time to try to induce again with castor oil. I went to cvs bought a small bottle of castor oil and took 2 tbs in some cream soda at 7 pm ......and nothing.......soooo I took 2 tbs more in some cream soda with a straw at 9 pm and still nothing. I figured once again castor had failed me and just relaxed and watched some tv. At midnight I came to bed only to find that I needed to sit up often with what I thought were the usual Braxton Hicks. By 12:30 I hit the shower because it was hurting pretty bad. Again I still figured these were not true labor pains. While in the shower I found that I went from just saying oooooo to ohhhhh to ahhhhhhhhh and needing to brace myself for each surge against the shower wall. I got in and out to go to bathroom and figured at this time the pains were mainly due to diarrhea from the castor oil and I just had to get all the poop (tmi sorry) out. I got out of the shower and decided to try and lay down as it was around 2 am by now and I was very sleepy. I had one surge and felt a pop inside of me and began screaming from the pain of laying on my side during this contraction. I felt a little trickle but didnt think it was my water because there was no real gush. I stood up and ran to the shower, I needed relief it was so painful. Again with the in and out to go to the bathroom. I got out around 3:30 I believe and told DH to call the midwife and tell her I took castor oil and that I was in terrible pain. I by this time was begging my body to stop. Begging my husband to somehow make it stop and saying that I had changed my mind and I wanted a nap. I asked DH to fill the birth pool and this is when it got a bit crazy. When he called the midwife she said give it an hour to see if things slow down. During that hour I sat on the toilet screaming Oh God! Oh God! and begging my husband to hurry up and at the same time to hold my hand and to make it stop. I felt like I really needed to have a BM and suddenly with each contraction I felt my body take over and begin to push. I asked DH if the birth pool was warm yet. He said yes so I got up and checked only to find it was very much cold. DH was running around the house trying to fill it up with pots and bowl etc. I yelled it is still COLD!!!! DH screamed and kicked the wall and that is when I became very calm suddenly. I grabbed his hand and told him to forget about the birth pool. I told him to begin filling up our bath tub because I needed relief like NOW. By this time I had begun uncontrollably grunting with each contraction(which from reading many a birth story told me that this baby was coming sooner than later) while my body was pushing and screaming Oh NO!

.......Meantime DH decided that we were indeed having a baby and called the midwife back. She said that by the sounds she heard me making in the background she knew it was time. She began to tell DH how to deliver the baby while I was in the tub just in case.

So finally I have warm water and I am like ahhhhhhhhh OH NO ahhhhhh OH NO. My body was pushing with every contraction. DH explains to me that the midwife is on her way and that we might have to deliver on our own. To this I scream again NOOOOOOOO and begin holding my "va jay jay" with each contraction thinking that I can keep the baby from coming out. I was pretty out of control at this point screaming with each surge NOOOOOO and begging him to not leave me and ofcourse to go get more hot water .
DH says that I was not out of control at all and that I was breathing and handling labor well. So I guess inside I felt out of control but on the outside I seemed calm.
Our midwife showed up by around 5 and it was like heaven opened up. I told her I had changed my mind and that I needed a nap and make it stop and she asked if I would like her to call the ambulance......I snapped out of whatever I was in (Transition LOL) and said no like what are you talking about. She told my I was in transition and to breath and she began to breath with me. The pain lessened and I could handle labor again. She told me to put my fingers inside of myself because the baby was right there and he WAS! Apparently I slept through most of transition lol in between contractions.

Sooo she decided I wasnt getting enout pelvic room in our narrow tub and somehow convinced me to leaved my cacoon of warm water to birth in the guest room on the futon NEXT TO our wonderfully large birthing tub

I pushed and pushed apparently fussed at DH for touching me and pushed some more. I began to have some bleeding and the midwife let me know that there was some bleeding. This put me in mommy mode. I was afraid that I was having placental abruption or uterus abruption and with one push his head and then body came flying out. 5:45 am What came with that was a 3 rd degree tear to my perinium and a tear to my labia . My son was placed on my belly and the shock of just having a baby and him being on my belly I was frozen for a bit. DH left the room to get the triplets up for school and got them fed and on their way. We waited as the placenta took almost an hour to come out. We all walked over to our bedroom I laid in bed while Omri was washed and examined and weighed and then we were alone with our son.

Advertisement

Last edited by Tripletmomtx; 09-18-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Tripletmomtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Our almost UBAC 5 hr HBAC of Omri!

Funny story! Was your midwife able to repair the tear, or did you have to transfer for that? Congrats on your HBAC!
I can identify with a lot of your labor! It started and ended at similar times, and I spent as lot of it in the shower. It's great that you didn't have to try to get to the hospital in transition!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes she stitched me up so no transfer but oh I am in so much pain now.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Congrats! Adorable baby!
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:15 AM   #5
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Congrats, mama.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awesome!!!!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Love your story - Congratulations!
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:

He's gorgeous! Congrats mama!
ISO/IHA!
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

eck, I had the same tear and they had to send me to the ER b/c the midwife they called in to stitch me up said "honey I can't fix that" Great birth story though. Many of us have decided we're done and this should just stop He's so cute
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #10
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You have beautiful children!
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote