Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #101
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug 2011 Babies- January Chat

So cute Hallie!

Yay, Vanessa! I think the red/white would be really cool, too.

I am SO relieved! I've been freaking out about going back to work the beginning of March and now I finally have everything set. A few months ago I found a babysitter who is going to be PERFECT but a couple weeks ago she told me she got called back to work full time until April 20th (she's working with an accountant). I had another person I wanted to ask and I finally asked her yesterday. She doesn't do full time babysitting but is willing to help out for those 6-7 weeks.

I also found out last week that I will qualify for childcare assistance so I can afford to go back to work, lol! So the babysitter parts are set now.

Today I went in and talked to my bosses and I'm going to start at 3 days a week, 4-6 hours a day. I'm SOO happy about that. I'll have 4 days off in a row so I'll still feel like I get plenty of time with my baby. AND as icing on the cake, my semi-horrible office-mate is retiring Feb 29th!!! So when I go back I'll actually have the job I was hired for almost 4 years ago! I'll work up to more days and more hours then, especially after the other babysitter starts.

I just have to figure out what to do about feeding her now and we're all set. I feel so much better about everything- I think I will survive going back to work!

Well, off to get a few things done while the space heater warms up Seni's room, and then I'll be taking her 5 month pics.

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #102
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just a quick check in. Love the red/black/white paint scheme. My kids never had cradle cap so I don't know. Second the small bit if watered down juice for consitpation.
AFM there are so big potential changes coming in life. We will know more by the end of the week. Keep us in your prayers to make the right decision. (Nothing scarey BTW I just am waiting til we have a better idea to spill!)
Old 01-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #103
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensea98 View Post
Does anyone have good remedies for constipation? Dd has gone since Thursday. But a couple rabbit pellets. She's not to fussy bu strains to go with nothing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatt-townmommy View Post
You can try an ounce of apple juice mixed half with water...
That's what my pedi recommended. She said you could use prune juice too but it can have a much more explosive result.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #104
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Naomi- Bahahaha!!! I'm sure your baby doesn't sound that bad! but love the reference! hope you got a chance to do some cleaning.

Jen- I'm feeding prunes to Ds on occasion to balance out the other solids. But I'm sure the diluted juice would do well too. did you try something? any better?

Jennifer- I think Evan is in love with his own voice too. He's a little piggy who needs to eats before and after naps. oy! I feel like all I do is nurse non stop.

Crystal-
glad you got it all figured out for daycare. and really nice that you won't have to deal with soon to be retiree ! have you been pumping at all to build up a reserve? will you, or are you going to use formula?

sblakeley- talk about a cliff hanger! lol hope it all works out, whatever it is!

Sabrina- how is your dh's new job going ?

AFM- It's been so nice being here in the house. Dh is painting the table right now. It's not a true red but more of a pink red. It was paint we already had and it should look good with the wall color. If not we can always go darker. We had our first real company yesterday and our first dinner with family tonight. Friday my bff is driving down with her family for the evening! I haven't seen her since Aug so it's going to be a mile a minute talk fest! lol Hoping Jeff's cousin and his family come down this wknd too since dh is off this wknd.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #105
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Vanessa - Congrats on moving into your house at last! YAY!

Dh really likes his job so far. He's still training so to speak but is working well with those around him. The guy he's training with right now is from another office so we'll see how it goes when he leaves at the end of this week. Funny thing is, he received another job offer right after he got back from a week of training in MA. It was for a job with $5000 more a year, immediate benefits, permanent full time, and a 30 min closer commute. He ran into a former co-worker who works there now and he says he hates it and that Hugh would probably not be happy there so we decided to stay where he is at and hope that it does indeed turn into a permanent position down the road.

DS is now in a toddler bed. I kind of feel like I was blindsided on that one... We were at Target when I hear from the next isle over 'Mommy, come look at the bed Caleb picked out" uh, oh. Caleb saw the box for the McQueen bed and was hugging it trying to take it off the shelf. So, despite the fact that we already own a race car bed that we were planning to use for him, we decided to sell that one and get this one on the chance that his favorite character would be an incentive to help him sleep in it. So far so good. We're on night #4 and we only had to remind him 3 times on night #1 and once the next night to stay in his bed. Nap is the only hiccup in this venture so far. He stays in bed for quite a while playing and then jumps out, grabs a toy and jumps back in before you could scold him... I'm not too stressed out about it - I figure if he's tired enough he'll sleep.

Well, I'm seeing multiples here so I need to go to bed. Ellie was doing great at going to bed at a decent hour but the last two nights have been difficult. She's been more fussy than usual, I think she's teething and maybe hitting a growth spurt. Any way I'm off to bed, hopefully I'll pass out quickly and Ellie won't wake to eat for a while.

Night all!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #106
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So adorable Hallie!

I can't wait to see the newly painted dining set. It sounds really nice.

My MIL & DIL left yesterday and Ray was back at work today. It was a rough day. The kids weren't too bad and all 3 took a nap at the same time for about 1/2 an hour. I was just having a grumpy day I guess.

We've been hunting for a new suv or van. It's really driving me crazy. We were hoping for a 7 or 8 seater so we had room for company/ friends too. It's just crazy trying to find something with lower anchors and top tethers for all the carseats. Also 2 kids RFing makes it hard to get to 3rd row seats. Maybe we are just being too rigid in our hopes. I can't do Toyota and it's the one van that seemed like it might fit everything. Sticky accelerators scare me horribly. I had a VW New Beetle that the accelerator stuck and the electrical went out on the freeway when I was going 70mph. I was lucky the fwy curved and I flew into a dirt embankment and threw the e brake on. I didn't drive for a couple days. The possibility of that with Toyota's problems just freak me out. And I really did like the Sienna too. Okay, enough car rambling.

Caspian has been enjoying eating some cereal and fruits. Today he surprised me when he stole my waffle off the table and ate it. Crazy little boy.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #107
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amy, I'm hunting for a new vehicle also. Well, I haven't started yet but since tax time is in a couple weeks I'd better start. I hate the look of vans so I'm leaning toward SUVs, but a few weeks ago I saw a van that didn't really look like a van so I'll probably check that out. I really have no idea where to start!

Vanessa, I'll probably do neither, lol! I'm not big on pumping for storage. I'll be starting out with 4 hour shifts so I'll just feed her before I leave and probably leave one bottle she'll hardly touch. When I get home I'll just pump for the next day. By then she'll be 6 1/2 months so I'll probably start her on solids around then anyway. When I move up to 6 hour shifts I'll take one 20min break instead of the two 10s, and just run the block home to nurse/pump.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #108
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Vanessa the house is amazing!! I can't believe all the changes we have watched take place. Thanks for sharing it!!

Sabrina, congrats on Dh job!! I totally believe the grass isn't always greener so I'm sure you and Dh made a great choice.

Amy, I neeeeed to see pics of this big baby your telling us about. I love me some big chunkers!!

Sarah, don't keep us waiting too long!!

Afm- colds, colds and tummy troubles have taken over my house. Dominic came home from school yesterday after throwing up in his lap . Nathan and Harper now have the worlds runniest noses (yuk!) and I have a site throat. Dh is good still and I'm hoping it stays that way.

So I got my mom and MIL each stamped disc necklaces with birthstones for their bdays and they arrived yesterday. So lovely!! Each has their grandchildren's names in birth order in a spiral on the disc and each child's birthstone attached. I hope they love them. Their bdaysare a week apart do its easy to shop for them .

So my nights completely suck lately. I'm getting no sleep and it seems like dd isn't either. She wakes to nurse every hour then falls asleep to the point I cant wake her before getting enough. I've been pulling her into bed with us half the time just so I can sleep but then were all crowded because Nathan still crawls into our bed every night at about 3am. We have a queen bed. I need to end this before I drop dead of sleep deprivation.

Oh, about the vehicle hunting... Im sure you could post in the carseat forum for advice on which cars meet your criteria (tethers, LATCH, third row...). I've found that the techs know so much about that aside from just the carseat stuff. Plus, your still rf'ing June so you should be safe from attack . Or ask Jacky since she is (was?) a tech, she may know of some options.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 01-18-2012 at 08:43 AM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #109
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Harper has been up on her hands and knees this morning. She is too young for this! I am NOT ready for a crawler. My boys didn't crawl until 8-9 months!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1590800846.jpg (16.4 KB, 29 views)

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #110
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Believe me it is killing me to not spill and to wait until tomorrow for word. I've been super over scheduling myself to exhaust out the anxiety created by waiting... Shifting focus to Stellas 6 month appt tomorrow. Hoping she made it to 12 lbs.