Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug 2011 Babies- January Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
Crystal I have a question: I posted in ef bit since I 'know' you I'll ask here too It looks like some of the ply is coming loose on a pair of dds woolies. Do you know how to repair this?? I attached a pic.

Anyone have 1st Christmas pics they wanna post? Big kids too!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I looked at the thread you started and I agree too. The one with the waistband might be hard to get the yarn back in just because once you put it through the needle there won't be enough length to double back and weave it in. If I have that problem I just sort of push it through a few threads on the back with the tip of the needle. For the other one I'd just try to gently pull on the extra ply from the back so it's not visible from the front. IMO being missed on one stitch like that doesn't make it super weak- I've never had a breakage problem when I've done that.

And I took some pics of her outfits today that I'll work on getting up!

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Melissa, I love Mary's hair as well! And cute girls, Sarah!
Old 01-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake
Britt, shes wearing a trifoldef yellow edge gmd pf with a flip cover in bubble. Its the only system we use now, and I love it. So simple and easy to care for. Right now we have 10 flip covers and 18 yellow edge pfs, I need half a dozen more since I was rounding put the stash with traditional infants and the newborns but they are just not getting the job done anymore.
Looks trim actually!

I have dozen econobum pfs I don't care for and need to rehome. I heart my gmds and need some more red/yellows. I only have four

Sent from my iPhone 4s

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt

Looks trim actually!

I have dozen econobum pfs I don't care for and need to rehome. I heart my gmds and need some more red/yellows. I only have four

Crystal, thx for the advice. I will try to tuck it. I'm thinking about having them frogged from the bottom up and turned into capris for spring/summer/fall...
Sent from my iPhone 4s
Sent from my iPhone 4s

Old 01-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #15
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Levi spent new years eve awake himself. The whole weekend he was up every 45 minutes SCREECHING all night long.

Horrible. I think he was growing or possibly a tooth? it was only at night though... last night he was back to normal. No clue.. either way.. I spent the weekend in like zombie state.

Jake and Miranda go or go back tomorrow to school. and I cannot wait for miranda... Anixous about jake. We hope it goes well.

Need to get a new keyboard, AGAIN, before I type long posts.. the stupid space bar keeps sticking.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #16
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ode to 2012

my dear 2012
so far
thou hast stuck royally
that is all

ok, not really a poem or even a good fake poem, but there it is.
our car broke down again yesterday after just getting it back from the repair shop. the extra bummer was that we were an hour away. we had gotten out of church and wayne wanted to "do something." so we called my parents and asked if they wanted to meet in the middle and go out for a late lunch. we had a nice time, until we tried to start up the car. drag and a half. thankfully, my parents are amazing. we called for a tow (thank goodness for AAA), and my dad drove wayne up to our place so he could get our other car while mom and the kids and I putzed at a target. at least there was somewhere interesting to shop.
then today took elijah to the doctor cuz his eyes are draining like crazy. got him taken care of, then this evening discovered that sydney drank nearly an entire bottle of children's cough medicine. luckily it was a natural type that was super low dose, so the website said to just watch for symptoms. the bottle didn't have a safety cap. so, from now on gotta make sure all have safety caps and put the meds up even higher (she moved wayne's office chair to go and get it...too smart for her own good).
yeah, what a year.
oh, and we are all sick with colds. just lovely!
oh well, that's the way it is in winter.
kezia nearly rolled over the other day (from back to tummy), and she was just tickled pink when she got stuck and just let her self go and rolled back kinda fast to her backside again. fun times.
I tried feeding her some butternut squash and it was a bomb. didn't like it at all. she kept looking at me like why are you doing this to me??? as she let it all fall out of her mouth. I think I may get a box of baby cereal just to get her used to the idea of eating first, then move on to other stuff again.

gonna try and go to bed early again tonight...before 10:30 is the goal. otherwise it's been at least midnight for about a month, and 2am the last week or more. that's got to stop. and I'm exhausted today, so it should be easy enough.

night ladies
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #17
SarahBk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We didnt do much, stayed in, and watched movies!

DS rolled over for the first time on Jan 1!
SarahBk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #18
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow. I got a Save the Date email for a Playgroup Reunion for ODS. It's planned for summer next year, when all of the kids turn 10.

I'm still very close with four of the moms from that group. We spent every Friday from 3 weeks to 5 years, together. Can't believe my big boy is getting so old. *sniff*

On the other hand, moms groups can be so fulfilling! Glad to have spent the last year with you ladies!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Old 01-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #19
WinterBabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Naomi - Sorry about your car. Sounds similar to my Friday evening last week. I was out shopping with all three kids when I heard a big thud and saw a spark come from my tire as I was driving down the road. You are definitely right - thank goodness for AAA. And thank goodness for our helpful Dads. Dan was over an hour away on a road call (he's a heavy duty truck machanic) and when I called him he said just have them tow it home. I called my parents to come and get the kids and I and the local towing company took my car home on a flatbed. He got the parts and fixed it today. I had a brake pad come loose and broke the rotor in two. In all his years of working on cars (about 28 years) he said he has never seen a rotor do that.

I should be in bed but I have been a bit of a night owl lately. I hope the rest of you ladies are sleeping soundly and hope everyone has a great Tuesday.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #20
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Happy New Year ! Been crazy busy this wknd at the house. Going to try and get some stuff finished up so we can move in this weekend.

Jeff starts work today. He's been off since the middle of August, so it'll be weird getting back on a schedule. Next week will be the first week of me own my own with all the kids.
idk how you ladies have done it these last few months with multiple lo's! plus sewing,knitting, etc.

I gave Evan some squash this wknd. he really liked it! and he did well with the spoon. he's an eating machine right now. But he's been sleeping through the night for so long I can't complain.

now I'm sick, too. dh had it, girls will surely get it too. boo.

glad you all had a nice wknd. love the pics!

Melissa- yay for getting the hearing aids! I'm sure that once ds2 sees the improvement in ds1 for awhile, he'll be less resistant. lots of hugs!!

sorry for the lack of persies... nak and one finger typing stinks. lol.

oh yeah- dec 31 dh's gma (the one who's living here now), house burned to the ground. it's an hour from here, and her son was there, but he's ok.