Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #31
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug 2011 Babies- January Chat

Not.my.week! Dishwasher broke on Sunday. Last night the water main broke between the house and street, of course it was $345 for them to tell me that was the problem I don't even want to know how much it's going to be to dig up my ENTIRE front yard to replace the line looks like every cent we made off selling the other house is going straight into the ground, literally.

Tomorrow I have 4 plumbers coming to give estimates. I'm at least thankful (as I try to find a positive in every situation) that it's a trickle leak not a front yard fountain. Counting the small blessings today.

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #32
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not.my.week! Dishwasher broke on Sunday. Last night the water main broke between the house and street, of course it was $345 for them to tell me that was the problem I don't even want to know how much it's going to be to dig up my ENTIRE front yard to replace the line looks like every cent we made off selling the other house is going straight into the ground, literally.

Tomorrow I have 4 plumbers coming to give estimates. I'm at least thankful (as I try to find a positive in every situation) that it's a trickle leak not a front yard fountain. Counting the small blessings today.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #33
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, Sarah, that sucks.. I hate how the small distance between the house and the street is your responsibility. We have to do the same thing- dig out all around the basement to replace the pipes. Luckily we just have a problem with clogging occasionally. Luke put in a cleanout plug last year so they just have to stick the snake in once in awhile. Not looking forward to fixing that but we have to dig out the basement anyway to replace a section.

Not too much going on here. Luke started his big job on Mon and he got the down payment yesterday- woot! It wasn't the 50% he'd asked for in the bid but it was still a few thousand so we're set until he finishes the job in a month. I can actually get my hair cut now- it's so long and just ragged at the ends.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #34
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi, ladies! Doing well here. Maverick turned 5mths on the 3rd and is pushing 19lbs, I think. He is finally rolling from tummy to back. He doesn't get much floor time due to DD's desire to maim him daily. LOL! So far, the new year has been ok for us. DD has ANOTHER cold and DS is a little under the weather today, too. I am so tired of sickies.

Anyone else notice that, once again, we are the chattiest group!? LOL!
Anyway, here is a new picture of my chubber:
Old 01-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #35
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH started his new job Tuesday! Woohoo!
He leaves monday for a week in MA for training. We're trying to get a rental but it's quite difficult without a credit card and crappy credit because of the bankruptcy. He may end up having to take our only car for the week.
I've been feeling cruddy all week and finally called my mw's office today for an antibiotic. I was able to work out the plugged ducts in one breast but not the other. So it's definitely mastitis with a sinus infection on top of that. Ugh, not fun.
Well, I'm up way too late so off to bed, I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #36
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar_crystalz View Post
Ugh, Sarah, that sucks.. I hate how the small distance between the house and the street is your responsibility. We have to do the same thing- dig out all around the basement to replace the pipes. Luckily we just have a problem with clogging occasionally. Luke put in a cleanout plug last year so they just have to stick the snake in once in awhile. Not looking forward to fixing that but we have to dig out the basement anyway to replace a section.
That happened at the old house when DD was one, the sewer line broke under the basement floor. 10k and three weeks of living in a hotel was the result of that one At least because its part of the house the insurance covered most of it. They did not pay for weird things like the pipe and excavation. This time they will pay for $0. I am going to find a new homeowners insurance that does cover the pipes from street to house after this. Enough is enough!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #37
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Hey ladies. Just leaving Harpers appointment and running to get Nathan from school so only have a sec. She is 16.11# and 27" long. 95th % for both. She is a big and healthy girl! She will be 5 months on the 16th.

Here is a pic from this morning and one from the other day.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3426684060.jpg (12.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg image-2347812830.jpg (20.4 KB, 27 views)

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 01-06-2012 at 09:56 AM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #38
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So cute Jacky and Britt! Love those longies on Harper!

FINALLY getting my hair cut tomorrow! Can't wait, especially since I've lost so much the last month. I haven't gotten it cut since my due date so I obviously really need it. I think I'm going to dye it a different color too- just at home.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #39
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

got some fluffy mail, which helped pick up my otherwise rough day...only to find that one lot I purchased was terrible. 5 out of 6 covers have terrible pul. they were cheap, but I am still upset. To me, loose elastic, not very sticky aplix is still ok and can be repaired or used, but holes in the pul? useless! garbage! sent a nice message asking for a refund, hopefully I hear from her. :/ only my second truly bad purchase on here, so I've been pretty lucky, and the first bad purchase completely refunded and paid return shipping, so it ended well. hoping this does too, otherwise I've got one overpriced cover.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #40
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Some pics of Senia's Christmas clothes:

and a bonus squishy-baby pic:

oh, and Rolo:

she likes eating the baby: