Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Has this happened to anyone else?

There is a spot on the side of my stomach that is sensitive. If I use my doppler over that spot it hurts (not horrible pain, just uncomfortable). The ultrasound tech kept hitting it at my appt the other day and so finally I asked her if she knew what could be causing it. She said it was around where my ovary would be so she'd take a look. She looked and said that as everything has expanded during the pregnancy, my ovary has been pushed up right underneath of the skin, so I could be more sensitive because of that. The ovary looked normal though aside from being right under the skin.
Now for the past hour or so I've had a cramp on that side and I'm wondering if it's from that.
I'm trying to just go with it being the ovary, but I have a tendency of overthinking things and convincing myself I have a horrible disease (sounds funny but it's true). So. Should I worry, or has this happened before?

Advertisement

CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Just2fornow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Has this happened to anyone else?

I had a spot like that on my right side kind of in the front and I think it was more from my son pushing there and it being stretched so tight? I is actually still sensitive if I touch it just right and he is 18 months. I wouldn't over think it, your body does crazy things when it's growing a LO.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
crunch!910
Registered Users

Last pregnancy, the doppler never phased me. Not once that I can remember.

With this pregnancy, there are spots and times when the doppler is very uncomfortable when pressed on my belly.. usually if they are pressing on the baby, especially if they roll over a leg or a foot or something "sharp"... Heck, sometimes if I feel baby stretching way out and press there to feel movement from outside too, that will even feel uncomfortable.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Huh, now that you mention it, there have been sensitive/sore spots at times, especially during the u/s when the wand is rubbed over that part. I sorta forgot about it. I am going to guess its totally normal.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! I'm no longer freaking out.
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #6
TulipTreeHouse
Registered Users

Thanks for posting- this helps me too. I've been having a pain/soreness under one spot on my right ribs. Trying not to freak out over every little thing, but it's hard!
TulipTreeHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
mpink22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

An OB/GYN told me once that ovaries are the equivalent to testicles in terms of sensitivty, etc. So, I imagine that would be pretty painful.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a tender spot with my last that ended up being a fibroid, but I'm sure the ultrasound would have showed that.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #9
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup happened with ds2. When the MW would use a fetoscope on that spot it would be tender.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #10
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

The cramp in the same area may be from muscle "guarding" ... pretty common when you have a tender spot, for the muscles to try to tense up over it.

The only problem I ever had with the Doppler was that my son kicked at it, and he had excellent aim.