Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
philenabean
Registered Users

Re: NT scan

I declined. A friend's sister had it done, and was told she had a very high chance of having a child with Down's syndrome. Her child did not have it... Figured wouldn't want to worry for no reason!

Advertisement

philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I declined as well. Will not change my mind.

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #13
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Downs is in my family so they test me. With DD they said I was at high risk, I prepped for a downs baby. I educated myself and she came out without downs. I think for me it was best that I knew what I was doing if she had had it. I will be doing testing this time around too.

BTW I didn't stress about it. I just learned everything I could, and it put me at ease
Old 01-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #14
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh yeah - I have always refused any testing like that. I can understand why people would like to know though!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #15
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I go in for mine on the 10th. They said it would take an hour per baby. I am a special education teacher, so it also won't change my mind on anything, but with DH deployed and my family on the East Coast of the mainland, I decided to have it done to give me a chance to prepare for the maybe's. I am not anticipating any negative results, but I do like to be prepared. Even at 37, my highest percentage of risk was 1.6% and that is only because I am having two babies. If I was only pregnant with one baby there would only be a 0.5% chance, and in my eyes that is incredibly low. Dh felt "the price is right" (free) so we might as well go ahead and take what they offer.

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #16
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by graces-mommie View Post
I go in for mine on the 10th. They said it would take an hour per baby. I am a special education teacher, so it also won't change my mind on anything, but with DH deployed and my family on the East Coast of the mainland, I decided to have it done to give me a chance to prepare for the maybe's. I am not anticipating any negative results, but I do like to be prepared. Even at 37, my highest percentage of risk was 1.6% and that is only because I am having two babies. If I was only pregnant with one baby there would only be a 0.5% chance, and in my eyes that is incredibly low. Dh felt "the price is right" (free) so we might as well go ahead and take what they offer.

yeah same here, it's free for me to get it done, so i did the blood work today and going tomorrow for the NT scan.
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #17
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

I had mine done at 12 wks for peace of mind. Everything was normal and the prelim test results took my risk for Downs from 1/220 to 1/4700 and my T18 risk went from 1/800 to 1/10,000. With how poor my egg quality was during IVF, I wanted to make sure that lucky #14 was looking good. I go back in 2 wks for the 2nd blood test and then will get my results at my OB appt the following week. I'm a planner. I need to be prepared, or as best as one can with a child on the way.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote