Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Horrible dream last night *sensitive*

I had the worst dream last night. I'm currently 5 weeks preggo IRL. In the dream I was around 14 weeks preggo and we were sleeping like normal. But then I DF woke me up saying my water broke, and then I saw how everything around me was soaked. Then I started to feel really crampy. I forced DF to take me to the hospital, which he did, but he insisted on bringing DS with us. When we got there one of the nurses was a real b, telling me I was too yoiung blah blah. I told her off saying I was 24 and it was none of her business. When I told themwhat was wrong they rushed me in and checked me, and of course the b was my nurse, who was now super nice. Apparently, one of the "pockets" surrounding my bag of waters broke. She asked me "Do you want to save your baby or let it go?" I of course freaked out and said do anything and everything to save my baby. They putme on strict bedrest and I woke up.

I hated that dream. I had a loss in August, very early, but stilla major loss to mel. This pregnancy already feels a million times different and better, but do you ever stop worrying after a loss? Do you ever get to really enjoy being pregnant? Ugh. I hate how losses steal all the innocence of pregnancy.

Advertisement

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #2
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have had these dreams too Alycia. I think it's the subconscious mind's way of expressing our fears. Unfortunately, I'm 16 weeks and still dream vividly of losing this baby. The good news is that I no longer think about and stress over losing the baby on a daily basis when I'm awake.

It's true that having a loss (however early) takes away the innocence of pregnancy. But it also gives you the gift of being thankful for every day you do have with your baby.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Omg I so almost posted one just like this, only in my dreams it's blood not my water. It horrible. I don't think you ever stop. I'm trying so hard to feel safe this time and it's just not working. Like you I feel much sicker this time around and feel like things are okay but now I'm afraid to sleep. I'm so sorry you are having these dreams but it is nice to know that I'm not alone. :fx: for all of us!!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Horrible dream last night *sensitive*

I still worry- every day- every time I realize baby hasn't moved in awhile. No movement was my first sign something was wrong with Nolan- then I couldn't find his hb with my doppler- that was at 20 weeks. I am 29 weeks now with this one, but whenever she goes awhile without a bit of movement, I find myself checking on her with the doppler (or regular stethescope now that she is bigger and can hear her heart with it.

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Horrible dream last night *sensitive*

Old 01-03-2012, 03:48 AM   #6
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm thirty weeks and I still check for blood every time I go to the bathroom. My loss was at six weeks in 2010.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaute_marquee
I'm thirty weeks and I still check for blood every time I go to the bathroom. My loss was at six weeks in 2010.
This, exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
Mom2evie
Registered Users
seller

I'm not currently pregnant but I'm a labor and delivery nurse and I would dream horrible crap all the time. Ignorance is bliss really.

I'm a CDing, vaxing on schedule, bottle feeding mama
Mom2evie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Ugh, rough dream. And they feel so real. We lost DD1s identical twin sister at 31 weeks. DD2 was a great, easy pregnancy, but I was a mess. I had a dream one night that I was in labor and went to the hospital. My doc insisted on driving us around sightseeing in a taxi and we couldn't get back to the hospital. He kept telling me to hold the baby in but I could feel something dangling and when I looked down a little baby arm was hanging out of me. Freaked me out for days.

Now that we're thinking about number 3, I had a dream I spontaneously conceived 10 babies (1 set of identicals and 8 fraternals) and the doc said since it was natural reduction wasn't an option even though I KNEW I couldn't possibly carry all those babies. It's crazy what our brains come up with!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote