Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
*May 2011 Mamas - December Chat*

It's December... that means we need to post updated pictures!! I actually just had DD's picture taken today so I'll post some of those once I get them back. And ironically, I JUST now get her newborn pictures back. I'll post those too when I get time. We closed on our house yesterday! Lots to do! We are moving Saturday. Hope everyone is well. Happy Thursday.

ETA - From yesterday (the November thread).

Julia, thanks for the book suggestions. I requested a hold on "Simplicity Parenting" from my library so I can read that one first. I love donating things too. It feels nice to unburden that weight from my life (and my cleaning efforts) if we truly aren't using it, and also be able to give to someone else. I think I'm just going to do it behind DH's back. Shhh!

Advertisement

Last edited by justineybean; 12-01-2011 at 01:42 PM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: *May 2011 Mamas - December Chat*

That's what I did with DHs clothes! I just did the hanger thing and after awhile donated the things he never wore. He didn't even notice (because he never wore them.) A month or so ago I made him try on EVERYTHING in his closet and he realized how much stuff didn't fit or he didn't like the way it fit.

You should check out www.theproject333.com - I have all these great intentions of doing it. It's basically, 3 months of only 33 items in your wardrobe (not including underwear, pjs and workout clothes. But does include jewelry, accessories and shoes.) The idea kind of made me reevaluate the things I buy. And now I try to buy less stuff but quality so that it will last me.

We had pro family portraits taken and I need to order them. We don't put pics of DS online (minus his teeny baby feet over there) but I assure you he's very cute.

Today we had a mommy playdate with a friend at mommy movie thursdays at the local movie theater. Saw The Descendants with George Clooney. Had lunch and DS used his first restaurant high chair - fully propped up with many blankets. Then we went shopping, DS took a nap, and I finally found a new coat! Used many Nordstrom gift cards and didn't have to pay very much for it.

And now a Costco run tonight which means I need to finalize our monthly meal plan and make a list. What is everyone's favorite recipe? I'm always looking for new ideas.

Here's my newest fave: http://thedeenbros.com/recipes/recip...e_lasagna_soup
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have new pictures of DS, not technically professional ones, but FIL is a pro and I borrowed one of his cameras to take Christmas presents with for all the grands and great-grands. I had some photography classes in college so I know my way around cameras and setting up a frame, etc. I took some awesome shots that I can't wait to print and frame They're on the other computer though (and not on Facebook since they're for Christmas) so I'll post when I'm on that one. In the mean time, here are a couple from just playing around

Old 12-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I couldn't figure out where everyone had gone for the last 4 days....I was still in the Nov. thread!

Here are my updated pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	376056_10150470288977125_700997124_10375750_1131847320_n.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	87282
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	317567_10150470288697125_700997124_10375748_1332677528_n.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	87283  
Old 12-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas. I've been wanting to reply to each of you and post new pictures but things are so crazy. We moved last Saturday and the unpacking it kicking my butt (along with the usual stuff). DS is not much help. It seems like after I unpack something and put it where it goes, he drags it right back out. Meanwhile I think DD is going to get more teeth soon. She is super cranky and needy on and off all day. I hope all of you are having a great week. Talk to you soon I hope.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean
Hi mamas. I've been wanting to reply to each of you and post new pictures but things are so crazy. We moved last Saturday and the unpacking it kicking my butt (along with the usual stuff). DS is not much help. It seems like after I unpack something and put it where it goes, he drags it right back out. Meanwhile I think DD is going to get more teeth soon. She is super cranky and needy on and off all day. I hope all of you are having a great week. Talk to you soon I hope.
Ugh, I hate unpacking almost as much as I hate packing! Hope it goes quickly and you can get back to see us

~Rachel
Old 12-08-2011, 02:09 AM   #7
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hate unpacking too! We moved when I was 8 months pregnant so I used that as an excuse to only unpack the necessities!

OT: DS is kicking my butt with his sleeping habits. Before the teeth came in, he was doing between 5-8 hours, then feeding, then up every 2-3. Now, I'm super lucky if he gives me a 2 hour stretch. Thank goodness for the sidecar otherwise I'd spend all night on the couch with him. I don't know if he's got another tooth coming through (no other indications besides drool, but he also recently discovered blowing raspberries so...) or what the deal is. He sleeps best on my husband or attached to my boob, anything else and after about 30 minutes he wakes himself up rolling around trying to get comfortable again. I've given him baby Tylenol before bed a couple of times to see if it helps but nothing changes. On my days off it's no big deal, but when I have to get up for work in 2 hours and I've already been up for 2 because I can't fall asleep between his "feedings", it's hard.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #8
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
That's what I did with DHs clothes! I just did the hanger thing and after awhile donated the things he never wore. He didn't even notice (because he never wore them.) A month or so ago I made him try on EVERYTHING in his closet and he realized how much stuff didn't fit or he didn't like the way it fit.

You should check out www.theproject333.com - I have all these great intentions of doing it. It's basically, 3 months of only 33 items in your wardrobe (not including underwear, pjs and workout clothes. But does include jewelry, accessories and shoes.) The idea kind of made me reevaluate the things I buy. And now I try to buy less stuff but quality so that it will last me.

We had pro family portraits taken and I need to order them. We don't put pics of DS online (minus his teeny baby feet over there) but I assure you he's very cute.

Today we had a mommy playdate with a friend at mommy movie thursdays at the local movie theater. Saw The Descendants with George Clooney. Had lunch and DS used his first restaurant high chair - fully propped up with many blankets. Then we went shopping, DS took a nap, and I finally found a new coat! Used many Nordstrom gift cards and didn't have to pay very much for it.

And now a Costco run tonight which means I need to finalize our monthly meal plan and make a list. What is everyone's favorite recipe? I'm always looking for new ideas.

Here's my newest fave: http://thedeenbros.com/recipes/recip...e_lasagna_soup
about your DH not realizing that you gave some of his clothes away! The Project 33 site sounds really interesting. I'm going to take a closer look when I have time. I don't really have a problem with giving things away and I wear lots of hand-me-downs and am not stylish at all. Sometimes I think it would be nice to look better and maybe I'd feel better about myself. It is sort of low on my priorities though. :-/

Movies and a restaurant high chair -- awww, that is big stuff!! I wish we had a mom's movie day where I live. Does everyone just bring their babies and kids and no one cares if they're loud because their kids are loud too?

I love the Moosewood cookbooks. I use a recipe from The Enchanted Broccoli Forest for zucchini enchiladas. It's one of my faves. I'll try to type it up and PM to you if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke View Post
I have new pictures of DS, not technically professional ones, but FIL is a pro and I borrowed one of his cameras to take Christmas presents with for all the grands and great-grands. I had some photography classes in college so I know my way around cameras and setting up a frame, etc. I took some awesome shots that I can't wait to print and frame They're on the other computer though (and not on Facebook since they're for Christmas) so I'll post when I'm on that one. In the mean time, here are a couple from just playing around
Oh my goodness- so sweet! I love those pictures. You did a great job! I can't wait to see your Christmas ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookeeper View Post
I couldn't figure out where everyone had gone for the last 4 days....I was still in the Nov. thread!

Here are my updated pics
Such cuties - they are really good at taking pictures together!!! That is quite a feat.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke View Post

OT: DS is kicking my butt with his sleeping habits. Before the teeth came in, he was doing between 5-8 hours, then feeding, then up every 2-3. Now, I'm super lucky if he gives me a 2 hour stretch. Thank goodness for the sidecar otherwise I'd spend all night on the couch with him. I don't know if he's got another tooth coming through (no other indications besides drool, but he also recently discovered blowing raspberries so...) or what the deal is. He sleeps best on my husband or attached to my boob, anything else and after about 30 minutes he wakes himself up rolling around trying to get comfortable again. I've given him baby Tylenol before bed a couple of times to see if it helps but nothing changes. On my days off it's no big deal, but when I have to get up for work in 2 hours and I've already been up for 2 because I can't fall asleep between his "feedings", it's hard.
Ugh. We went through a phase like that. I definitely battle my desire to be as "attachment parenting" as possible during phases like that. I did stop nighttime feedings after I noticed DS wasn't really eating. It went along with getting him to nap on his own - we found a new way to comfort him back down. I can't ever do CIO - but at 6 months I felt it was a good time to start creating other associations than myself for sleepytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean View Post
about your DH not realizing that you gave some of his clothes away! The Project 33 site sounds really interesting. I'm going to take a closer look when I have time. I don't really have a problem with giving things away and I wear lots of hand-me-downs and am not stylish at all. Sometimes I think it would be nice to look better and maybe I'd feel better about myself. It is sort of low on my priorities though. :-/

Movies and a restaurant high chair -- awww, that is big stuff!! I wish we had a mom's movie day where I live. Does everyone just bring their babies and kids and no one cares if they're loud because their kids are loud too?

I love the Moosewood cookbooks. I use a recipe from The Enchanted Broccoli Forest for zucchini enchiladas. It's one of my faves. I'll try to type it up and PM to you if you want.
I hear you on the clothing thing. I feel like I used to be so cute and have outfits and stuff. Now I live in yoga pants and american apparel thermals. I have a few outfits when I have to go to things with the family but I'm with you on the low priority thing.

I have never heard of the Moosewood cookbooks. But DH is a sucker for enchiladas so I'd love a good recipe!

Today I'm ordering holiday cards finally. We did a Santa Train thing this weekend. DS was more into the lights on the train cars than anything else. Also he was asleep for Santa - so I have a picture of him wide open mouth dead asleep on Santa. Good times.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

OT: I found out DH didn't get his first tooth until he was ONE. DS still shows no signs of them poking through. Perhaps he's in the same boat? DH's mom actually took him to be xrayed to make sure he HAD teeth.