Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
miabean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No prenatal care yet

Is there anyone else who hasn't had any prenatal care yet? I'm having some insurance issues, but I'm only 11-13 weeks along. I didn't see anyone with my second DS until 14 weeks. Just curious! Also is anyone doing an unassisted pregnancy or birth?

Advertisement

lactivist, intactivist, cloth diapering, crazy mama to THREE boys
miabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Re: No prenatal care yet

I went in for a yeast infection last week, but I didn't have a prenatal check. So other than that, no--no prenatal care yet. I couldn't get my first visit until January 3rd. I'll be 12 weeks this Thursday, so I'll be about 12 1/2 weeks by my first visit.
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't had any but am only 10 weeks. I have a consult on Jan. 3rd and who knows when my 1st appt will be. My last 2 babies I went in about 13 weeks. But then my due date was pushed back a couple weeks both times so I was really only 11 weeks. If you know what you're doing nutrition wise and don't have any issues I don't think it matters too much if you have to wait. I'm a little jealous of all the mamas that have seen their little ones though. Or even hearing the heartbeat.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

I had an initial consult with my midwife but no prenatal checks yet. I go back on the 19th for my first exam and will be just about 14 weeks.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't had any prenatal care yet, either. I had an appointment with an OB but high-tailed it outta there so now my first appt with a midwife is on Jan 12. I'll be 14w2d. We're not intentionally planning to do unassisted but my labors have all been faster than the one before with the last being just about 2 hours with only about 20 min transition so we are definitely going to get educated and prepared for the possibility.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With my first, I didn't see a doc till 16 weeks. I didn't have insurance and didn't know how to get it I was not married ect... With this one I was seen at 7 weeks for a date check because my LMP was months before so they wanted to make sure I wasn't like 15 weeks or something.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been in bc of some spotting, and then we discovered the two babies, but had that not happened I would not have gotten my first appointment until January 4th. Apparently it is routine here to see a nurse at 8 weeks and then have your first OB / midwife appointment at 12 weeks. I think you will be completely fine, but good for you - I would have gone nuts with panic if I had had to wait that long!

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
miabean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakersMama View Post
I haven't had any prenatal care yet, either. I had an appointment with an OB but high-tailed it outta there so now my first appt with a midwife is on Jan 12. I'll be 14w2d. We're not intentionally planning to do unassisted but my labors have all been faster than the one before with the last being just about 2 hours with only about 20 min transition so we are definitely going to get educated and prepared for the possibility.
Better to be prepared! We did unassisted with my last birth and are hoping to again if my pregnancy is uneventful! lol

Old 12-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
miabean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmamabear View Post
I had an initial consult with my midwife but no prenatal checks yet. I go back on the 19th for my first exam and will be just about 14 weeks.
Off topic, I love your patterns, I think I'm going to finally cave and buy the overall pattern because I'm finally pregnant!

Old 12-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have no had any, because the military base I live on will not see you until you are 11-12 weeks and then the earliest appoitment they could get me was even later than that at about 13 weeks. I am pretty pissed about the whole thing.
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote