Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 1/2-1/8

Well, thought I'd get this started. I guess FB is just easier for it's these days.

So, I had my last appointment w/ my MW friday. It was super sad. She was my MW for 2 of my babies and I feel like we have gotten quite friendly. I think I may try to continue our friendship by asking her to lunch in a few weeks. We have a lot in common, live in the same area of town, and have mutual friends. Would that be weird?

Advertisement

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 1/2-1/8

I don't think it would be weird at all! My midwife is the daughter of the owner of the neighborhood country store so i will still see her/talk to her a bunch I think it is good to maintain a good relationship even after the birth. My midwife also does womens wellness so i will still see her in the future does yours do the same?
Old 01-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Totally not weird Thia. I love my midwives too and am so glad I was able to use them for 3 births in a row. If I lived closer to them I would try to be more active in their birth center (maybe teaching babywearing or cloth diapering classes) but since that is out we will keep in touch through e-mail and facebook and will definitely see each other a few times a year at various natural parenting events.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone
We haven't had internet for a little over a month now and the DS app for my phone is a pain in the butt to use, so I haven't been around much. Facebook on my phone is much easier! Now that we have our internet back, I should be around more often! It's kinda sad how quiet our DDC got, but I am so glad we have the facebook page
Thia- I don't think it would be weird at all. You obviously got really close during your pregnancy and then having her there for the birth of your baby...I think that is totally fine, especially if you have things in common.
afm...we had a flood in our kitchen a few weeks ago. A pipe broke under the sink in the middle of the night so when we woke up the kitchen was under water. The kitchen (tile and cabinets) are all fine after having fans and dehumidifiers running for 4 days straight, but it leaked down into the garage so all of the insulation had to be taken out and now they are redoing the drywall. It's such a long annoying process and I am so sick of constantly having men here working on the house while I am home with the girls. Luckily they have all been very nice and not creepy at all, I just don't like it!
I also went to the store with both girls yesterday and don't plan on doing it ever again. I don't see how you guys with more than 2 do it! I had dd1 in the front of the cart and dd2 in the basket of the cart in her carseat....we'll then I had nowhere to put anything! It'll definitely be a learning experience
Old 01-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
minneapolismelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't mean to sound like a ditz, but what facebook page??? Hope everyone is doing well and adjusting. I am sadly returning to work Friday night. For some reason it is much harder this time for #4 than with any of the others. Perhaps since this is my last...

Find us on Facebook
minneapolismelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

We made a group facebook page. I think we *just* made it secret, so I don't think it's even searchable anymore. Message me on FB and I'll add you

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1004038371
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jaime - I totally know how you feel on the shopping!I refuse to take both kids at the same time unless I absolutely have to. I usually leave my toddler with hubby and take ds with me
Old 01-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

I have gone shopping with all 5 kids before. Though I usually try to go with only the younger 3 and even then it is for quick trips only. What I do when I have the baby is wear him in the Moby so I don't have to bring the carseat in. Then I put DS2 in the front of the cart and have DS1 sit in the back of the cart until it gets too full and then he walks. Most of the time, for the quick trips, he never ends up having to walk, which is perfect because he likes to run off.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #9
Duckduckfish
Registered Users
seller

Regarding shopping---I put the newbie in the beco or in a sling and then the 2 yr old rides in the cart.

So anyone else have a fussy baby? I don't remember Ryan crying this much. Last night was absolutely horrible. I guess he was just super gassy because he passed gas a couple times, then had a big poo, and finally settled down and went to sleep. He hadn't poo'd since Saturday..and I thought breastfed babies are suppose to poo a lot? When he does go, it's massive and no diaper can contain it, but it worries me that he doesn't go daily or at least every other day...At night he wants to be walked and bounced and no matter what time of day it is, it seems he fights going to sleep! It's like he has to cry himself to sleep...I've tried laying him down on his back, side, or tummy...I've tried holding him, swinging him, rocking him, but he still just whimpers until he falls to sleep... It's horrible. I end up just crying with him. Oh and breastfeeding him when he's sleepy ends up making him wide awake again...He does not fall asleep at the breast..It's like the opposite actually happens.

Hopefully this little phase will pass quickly and it will be a distant memory.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #10
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

shopping- I would love to wear her right now but i can't figure out a good way. It's about 35 degrees out right now. I have a moby, ring sling and mei tai so none are super quick. I can't imagine getting her into a carrier standing outside in the cold, especially when i am bundled myself. I even thought I would put the moby on before we left but it still takes a while to get her in.

Rachel- when dd2 gets like that we swaddle her and either pat her butt (not gently but not hurting her) or we put her in her little chair that vibrates. The combo of swaddling and patting or vibrating seems to snap her out of it. good luck...it hurts so much to hear your baby cry!