Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 1/2-1/8

I know the feeling of a crying baby. I finally figured out I can't drink soda like i normally do. i cut myself waaaay back and he does alot better.

on pooing he used to have a poo every diaper change it seemed but suddenly yesterday and today no poo! it is freaking me out but i heardit is ok for him to go a couple days without

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #12
Duckduckfish
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortdrawbryant View Post
I know the feeling of a crying baby. I finally figured out I can't drink soda like i normally do. i cut myself waaaay back and he does alot better.

on pooing he used to have a poo every diaper change it seemed but suddenly yesterday and today no poo! it is freaking me out but i heardit is ok for him to go a couple days without

LOL I thought about the amt of soda I drink. This morning I woke up with a horrible headache (went to bed with it)...Realized I hadn't had a soda in a few days...maybe we are both going through caffeine withdrawals?

Talked to my dr. sister today..She's always great to talk to about medical issues..she says that if his poo is normal looking and his stomach isn't distended, 3 days without poo is within normal range....but it still worries me just a bit! I guess it's normal to worry about your kids!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #13
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think it's wierd to continue having a friendly relationship with your midwife. I'm friends with the Doula i had when i had Ryker. I would had loved to have her support with Harlan's birth but i probably wouldn't had been able to afford her * my mom paid for her when i was pregnant with Ryker* and then plus the fact that she moved out of the state.

Shopping~ If i have all 3 kids i've been putting Harlan in a wrap or the ergo. I think i will start doing that when its just me and him to make it easier also.
DustysSweety03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Got Levi's birth registered today and got his birth certificate. He is officially a person now, lol! I also tried to apply for a social security number/card for him but after waiting at the office for an hour they told me they couldn't do it until 30 days after his birth was registered. This is a new rule I guess, since I never had to wait that long before and always got both done on the same day since the offices are close to each other. It sucks because that means I have to wait until early February, drive all the way back up there (45 min), wait in line again, apply for the social security card, and then wait weeks for it to come in the mail. And, DH and I can't file our taxes until we get the card so instead of filing in February as originally planned we will be filing in March (hopefully). It is just a setback as whenever we get our refund we are going to buy DH a more fuel efficient car so he can come home every weekend, as right now he is borrowing his mom's car and only coming home every other weekend since it gets such bad gas mileage!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #15
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Got Levi's birth registered today and got his birth certificate. He is officially a person now, lol! I also tried to apply for a social security number/card for him but after waiting at the office for an hour they told me they couldn't do it until 30 days after his birth was registered. This is a new rule I guess, since I never had to wait that long before and always got both done on the same day since the offices are close to each other. It sucks because that means I have to wait until early February, drive all the way back up there (45 min), wait in line again, apply for the social security card, and then wait weeks for it to come in the mail. And, DH and I can't file our taxes until we get the card so instead of filing in February as originally planned we will be filing in March (hopefully). It is just a setback as whenever we get our refund we are going to buy DH a more fuel efficient car so he can come home every weekend, as right now he is borrowing his mom's car and only coming home every other weekend since it gets such bad gas mileage!
Ahh we were able to get our ss card for ds quite soon after he was born. Maybe the person you talked to was mistaken. I hope you get that car soon.

Rachel ~ so sorry about the fussy baby.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #16
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

We need a SS# to claim them on taxes? Guess I better get on that!

Jamie-When it is cold here, I take her out of her seat and move us to the passenger's front seat to put her in the sling. If I couldn't wear her, we would never be able to go anywhere, since I have all 3 kids 99% of the time.

Afm: it is pretty warm here today, so I think we are going to the zoo!

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #17
MichaelsMama
Registered Users
seller

The zoo! It's supposed to be really nice this weekend so maybe we will go tomorrow.
Good idea about putting them in the sling in the passenger seat.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #18
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Ohh I wanted to go to the zoo but it is too cold here. We thought about going for hte Christmas lights but got too busy with the rest of the holiday plans
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #19
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We got robbie's ss card last week! which reminds me i need to get his birth cert. haha!
I can't wait for icome tax we have it pretty much spent already lol but i am so ready for my new sewing machine!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #20
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Nichole- Ours is spent, too. We are getting DH a car (probably a 1998-2000 Honda Civic) and then the rest is going into savings for us to live off of during the summer since as a teacher DH will not be getting paid for 2 months since he doesn't work.

Lori- From what I understand the 30 day wait is a new rule this year. So, if you got his birth certificate and social security card right after he was born and it was still 2011 that is probably why you didn't have an issue. I would've gotten it then but my midwife took FOREVER to send me the documents I needed from her to even register his birth. By the time I got the stuff from her and mailed it in it was the Christmas/New Years holiday so the birth certificate office was closed a lot. It was a bunch of delays really! Took the longest of all my homebirths to get the birth certificate. All the other kids we had by the time they were 1 month.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 01-06-2012 at 05:25 PM.
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote