Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #21
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 1/2-1/8

heather - hope yall get an awesome car so your hubby can visit every weekend
for us hubby is fixing one of his trucks im getting a new sewing machine we are paying off our washer n dryer if possible and anything left over will go into savings also hoping to squeeze in new clothes for ds and shoes for dd

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #22
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Nichole- Ours is spent, too. We are getting DH a car (probably a 1998-2000 Honda Civic) and then the rest is going into savings for us to live off of during the summer since as a teacher DH will not be getting paid for 2 months since he doesn't work.

Lori- From what I understand the 30 day wait is a new rule this year. So, if you got his birth certificate and social security card right after he was born and it was still 2011 that is probably why you didn't have an issue. I would've gotten it then but my midwife took FOREVER to send me the documents I needed from her to even register his birth. By the time I got the stuff from her and mailed it in it was the Christmas/New Years holiday so the birth certificate office was closed a lot. It was a bunch of delays really! Took the longest of all my homebirths to get the birth certificate. All the other kids we had by the time they were 1 month.
That stinks about the new rule. And yes we were able to get the paper stuff turned in for the birth certificate and ss in 2011. MyDH's lovely employer was putting a ton of pressure on DH to have a SS number within 12 days of DS being born. The best we could do was a copy of the birth certificate.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #23
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Sally-they wanted Dd's too, but we didn't even have a B.C., just a copy of her "certificate of live birth".

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #24
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydaysunshine View Post
Sally-they wanted Dd's too, but we didn't even have a B.C., just a copy of her "certificate of live birth".
Where did you get the certificate of live birth? our midwife could not give us much since the laws are funny in our state and changed a few times right before I got pg and during my pg (I think). We ended up saying DH was the assistant at the birth which was no lie. While I did have the baby he did a ton of work while I was in labor and he claims I almost broke his thumb and fingers.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #25
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

My midwives did not give us a certificate of live birth, either. They gave me the paperwork detailing my labor/delivery and detailing the newborn exam they did after he was born. I had been worried prior to his birth that I wouldn't be able to add him to my insurance (state insurance) until I got his birth certificate and social security card but they added him right away and never asked for any info at all except for his name and birth date. Kind of crazy if you ask me!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #26
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally's Red Meadow View Post
Where did you get the certificate of live birth? our midwife could not give us much since the laws are funny in our state and changed a few times right before I got pg and during my pg (I think). We ended up saying DH was the assistant at the birth which was no lie. While I did have the baby he did a ton of work while I was in labor and he claims I almost broke his thumb and fingers.
My MW have us 2 copies, stamped "copy". She sent my paperwork in to the state for me (unfortunately, it was returned for insufficient postage) and, once it is processed, I can just go get her BC. Then, I guess I can go file for her SS#. I hope it didn't take long to get it. Our tax return is just going into savings, but I'd like to get it in there ASAP.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:13 AM   #27
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydaysunshine View Post
My MW have us 2 copies, stamped "copy". She sent my paperwork in to the state for me (unfortunately, it was returned for insufficient postage) and, once it is processed, I can just go get her BC. Then, I guess I can go file for her SS#. I hope it didn't take long to get it. Our tax return is just going into savings, but I'd like to get it in there ASAP.
Wow I think that would have been nice to get the certificates. Kind of weird about the postage since they mail out the forms regularly.
We had to take our baby in to the health department and both the mother and the father of the baby had to be present. I'm not sure what they would have done if DH had not been around. I mean there are several military / armed services moms that have babies and their DH's are out of the country.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #28
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Huh, would you have had to add him later? What a nightmare that would be, since I'm sure there would have been loads of paperwork.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #29
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

We had to take Levi in to the health department as well. They prefer mom and dad but will take another person who was there as a witness if the dad wasn't there or can't come to the health department. Here, they won't even give you can appointment until you mail in all the paperwork and everything clears. And, they won't mail the paperwork until you call them after the baby is born. So it generally takes a month to get an appointment. But once you go in it is literally 5 minutes, sign the paperwork, and here's the birth certificate. Then you have to take the birth certificate to a social security office to apply for a card.

Thia- I wonder if since your paperwork was mailed in they might file with the social security office for you? I know that if you have a hospital birth that is how they do it. Every state is so different, though. Here a homebirth they don't send the paperwork for you which creates all the work and sometimes delays in getting stuff.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #30
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so much for me being back every day. Life got a little busy and I didn't get a chance to get back on! I leave all of the paperwork/insurance/ birth certificate/s.s. card stuff to DH I don't understand any of it and insurance is through his work, so I just tell him it's all him. We got dd2's s.s. card shortly after she was born, but we haven't sent in the paperwork for her birth certificate. We lost dd1's s.s. card and had to request new ones. And then we didn't get her birth certificates until she was 6 months old. I guess we aren't really on top of things all of the time.
Thia- I don't know why I never thought to put her into a carrier IN the car That makes sense. I will have to try that next time! She loves to be worn.
afm...we finally got all of our Christmas stuff down and put away. It's nice to have room for everything else now. I also took down the pack 'n play from the living room since dd2 is taking naps in her cradle upstairs now. I almost cried while I was taking it down...she is growing up way too fast