Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #31
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

I got all my kids birth certificates and ss numbers by the time they are a month old here my hospital sends in all the paper work

shopping with three 2 and under is interesting if I only need a few things I take the double stroller for DS and DD1 and but DD2 in the front pack if I need a cart I put DS in the cart DD1 on my front and DD2 on my back

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #32
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 1/2-1/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckerswife View Post
I got all my kids birth certificates and ss numbers by the time they are a month old here my hospital sends in all the paper work

shopping with three 2 and under is interesting if I only need a few things I take the double stroller for DS and DD1 and but DD2 in the front pack if I need a cart I put DS in the cart DD1 on my front and DD2 on my back
yes getting a birth certificate and ss card for a hospital birth typically takes less time as the hospital files on behalf of the parents once the paperwork is filed out in the hospital.
But for a home birth, the health department is a touch slower as both parents and baby have to go in to get the paperwork and turn in the paperwork too. Then there is the processing time. Then the stuff gets mailed out for review and the sign off gets mailed in. Once the sign off is received back by mail then the birth certificate is mailed out and the ss card filed for.
The hospital starts a couple steps ahead since they have the paperwork and they can fax it in.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #33
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Oh yea, when DS2 was born last year (in the hossy) it was super easy. They filed for his birth certificate and social security card and it was sent to me within a few weeks. The birth certificate I had to go down and pay to get a copy but I did that pretty quickly, too. It's a whole different ball game with a homebirth because you actually have to personally register the birth with the health department, which the hospital does for you when you birth there.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #34
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone, been laying low as it seemed so quiet here....

Re shopping: I've become very lazy and been sending Dh mostly. Or else I'll go without the kids when he is home. If I'm out with all the kids then I'm like a travelling circus.....yes, I have 4 kids, yes, I have 4 boys....yes, I have my hands full......

I have brought DS3 in many kinds of baby carriers when he was a baby and it worked fine. Only problem was when you are bending over to unload the groceries from the cart onto the conveyor. You have to be careful when getting stuff at the end of the cart.

I have been using my ring sling a lot for quick pop in and out around the house and to the kids bus stop across the street. Will be nice when spring hits as I can use my carriers more when out and about easier.

Tonight I bring DS1 to basketball, first meeting and I'm hoping DS2 and 3 will go to the daycare so it's not too crazy.

We got the SS mailed fairly quickly, I could have gotten the birth cert by mail, but I went to the county courthouse myself(with 3 kids!) before xmas and got it as DH's job needed it for insurance reasons.

I know we need the SS for taxes so good job that came so quickly.

Pooping- I'm the opposite here where LO used to go every 4/5 days(normal) and now is going at almost every change for past week or so? I suppose there is no normal in BF and pooping.