Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #11
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: ADHD meds

My ds is 6 and started meds in Oct at 6 years 6 months. We started him on 5mg aderall and we give hm 3mg of melatonin at night to help him sleep.

Both meds are opened/crushed and put into a small spoonful of ice cream.

Advertisement

Tricia~31 Married for 13 years to Chad~36. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~12, Ethan~10, Jacob~8, Annika~5, Makenna~4, Niko James~3, Cyrus~1 and blessing #8 due 10/10/15
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:36 AM   #12
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
My youngest DS is ADHD and just got on clonidine for sleep (his older brother has been on it since 18 months). He really needs more as he is impossible to manage and still not sleeping due to his hyperactivity. I am hoping Jan 20th when we go back for the follow up with teh developemental pedi, we will begin discussing aderall! My son is only 2 1/2 but is VERY severe!
Ok, just genuinely curious here, but you do know that all adhd meds are unapproved for use under the age of six right? I would think that 2.5 is way to early to diagnose. Of course I am not in your situation but that would worry me. I would be really cautious of giving adderall to a child that young.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #13
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

My middle dd was suspected of having adhd at the age of four, but because that is pretty young for a diagnosis (and meds) we held off until she was in kindergarten. So she was just turning six when she got her official diagnosis. She tried a couple of meds and vyvanse worked for her. She is currently on 40 mg of vyvanse. We open up the capsule and sprinkle it in a drink like juice, water, whatever. She also has SPD, so she goes to OT, and she's got a few other issues, but we deal. Meds work wonders with her.