Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #31
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke
So completely OT but I had to share because I'm totally stoked: I worked out for the first time today in ages, but it was not a normal workout, nope. I took a pole dancing class. Oh. Yeah. Ridiculously fun and I'm so excited to go back! A friend of mine has been going for a month and raves about it so I tried it out because classes are only $5 each this month. DH watched the baby while I took class and I will totally be going back regularly, it's enough fun to keep me interested and enough exercise to keep me guilt-free Can't say I feel terribly sexy doing any of the moves, but I executed a really cool spin and have felt awesome all day long. I'm sure I'll be soooo sore tomorrow but it'll be completely worth it!
That is SO awesome Mama! Proud of you!

~Rachel

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #32
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: *May 2011 Mamas - January Chat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke View Post
So completely OT but I had to share because I'm totally stoked: I worked out for the first time today in ages, but it was not a normal workout, nope. I took a pole dancing class. Oh. Yeah. Ridiculously fun and I'm so excited to go back! A friend of mine has been going for a month and raves about it so I tried it out because classes are only $5 each this month. DH watched the baby while I took class and I will totally be going back regularly, it's enough fun to keep me interested and enough exercise to keep me guilt-free Can't say I feel terribly sexy doing any of the moves, but I executed a really cool spin and have felt awesome all day long. I'm sure I'll be soooo sore tomorrow but it'll be completely worth it!
LOVE THIS. I've always wanted to do this! There is a place around here that offers burlesque classes too, which I always thought would be fun. I've considered taking a ballet class for exercise. I used to be a dancer and I miss it and it's such a good workout. Plus I never felt like I was "working out". I could never be a gym rat or a runner. I hate feeling like I'm working out!

AFM - We have been SNOWED IN. And while my moms here. I'm getting cabin fever. The power was out for a day. DS didn't seem to give a hoot. Slept fine. Played fine. I just worried about him since it was so cold. But now things are melting and we have to be on the lookout for FLOODING.

The bummer is my haircut got cancelled because of the roads. And my parents were going to look at condos and that got cancelled. I'm going nuts doing nothing! And DH is off work because of the storm and now he's starting to drive me CRAZY!

Oh and the yogurt worked out OK the first time. Very soupy. The second time it didn't work at all, which was weird. I decided it wasn't worth the effort and just bought DS a big tub of organic whole milk yogurt instead. Like applesauce, it was worth the extra money to save time and effort. I can make prunes and sweet potatoes and other "easy" baby food. OH and DS has mastered the pincer grasp and is eating cheese cubes and tofu like a champ! IT'S SO CUTE. He is so serious about it!! Loving it.
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #33
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard that those dance classes are pretty fun. I can't wait until we can get out more often again :-)!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:53 AM   #34
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
OH and DS has mastered the pincer grasp and is eating cheese cubes and tofu like a champ! IT'S SO CUTE. He is so serious about it!! Loving it.
ah SO CUTE! I love watching babies eat who love food I hear you on the cabin fever. I get it sooo easily, especially if I'm with DH the whole time, he'll drive me crazy too! I got cabin fever just being in the hospital for 3 days when I had DS so we went out to dinner the day after we got home--new baby and all!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #35
OptoMom
Registered Users
seller

Hi guys, this is my first post in a due date thread, even though I've been stalking ds (and buying lots) since Sept. So nice to read what all of you have on your minds. Working out would be so nice, teething we don't have yet (wierd at 8 months?), and I still bf a lot though we try solids twice a day. We co-sleep though I wish we didnt, ds just wakes up so often I just nurse him back to sleep. Nap times are getting shorter and shorter and still somewhat unpredictable.

Anyone start thinking about getting pregnant again? The thought scares me but we had always wanted to have two close together. My dd is 10 and we do not want another "only child" or have the next one too far from this one so they can't relate to one another.

- Jennifer (mother of dd 9 and ds 3 months, wife to dh who studies his butt off)
Homeschooling mom of DD 10/01, DS 5/11, and expecting #3 June 2013.
OptoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #36
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi Jennifer Welcome to the May 2011 group! I'm at work so can't respond, but just wanted to say welcome!

~Rachel
Old 01-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #37
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No getting pregnant again here! But I am old and content that way
Old 01-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #38
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoMom View Post
Hi guys, this is my first post in a due date thread, even though I've been stalking ds (and buying lots) since Sept. So nice to read what all of you have on your minds. Working out would be so nice, teething we don't have yet (wierd at 8 months?), and I still bf a lot though we try solids twice a day. We co-sleep though I wish we didnt, ds just wakes up so often I just nurse him back to sleep. Nap times are getting shorter and shorter and still somewhat unpredictable.

Anyone start thinking about getting pregnant again? The thought scares me but we had always wanted to have two close together. My dd is 10 and we do not want another "only child" or have the next one too far from this one so they can't relate to one another.

- Jennifer (mother of dd 9 and ds 3 months, wife to dh who studies his butt off)
Hi! Welcome and congrats on your baby!

...We are also not having a whole lot of luck with solids. DD is gagging a lot. I have committed to feed solids at least once a day but she is nursing a lot still too. No more babies for us right now. We have a 3 1/2 year old too so they have each other. I can understand your feelings of wanting them close enough together to play though, since your DD is older.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #39
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
You made me laugh!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #40
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon
You also got double the love the last time around Mama! I'm not sure I could handle twins!

~Rachel